Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Is this company "Seller Networks" a fraud!!!??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Is this company "Seller Networks" a fraud!!!??

So I was selling my subaru wrx for about 26-27g's on auto trader and they called me telling me that they can certainly sell my car for 27,999 within a month without a problem. They charged me $200 fee and I wasn't thinking at first but now I'm feeling they're a fraud. Does anyone know about this company and what should I do to get my money back!? thanks:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Yep you've been ripped off. Good luck getting your money back though! It's a live and learn lesson.

These scammers troll auto trader all the time. They tried it with me too back when I had a car on there. Remember the old adage; if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Contact your credit card company right away....they may be able to stop payment.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:50 AM
I thought I was getting ripped off until I saw that they are actually advertising my car all over the place. They made it so that when they search for subaru wrx on google, bing, aol, and other searching sites it'll pop up first and the people can see it immediately. Also They advertise my car to other sites. and even for the description they wrote it much better than I could've ever wrote it.
Here are some pics of the advertising that I they did.
Seller Network - Imgur

Old 08-14-2019, 01:15 PM
slm
Seller Networks is a SCAM

Stay away from Seller Networks. They promise to post your vehicle online to sites that are searchable on Google. They do this for a fee. Once the fee is collected, they post your vehicle on their "unsearchabe (fake) sites". I spent several hours today reviewing Googles search pages. I went as deep as 35 pages and found not one of the 'Seller Networks web pages". They provided me with unsearchable Google sites (at least as far as 35 pages deep). Stay away from Seller Networks!

Originally Posted by BlueShell
So I was selling my subaru wrx for about 26-27g's on auto trader and they called me telling me that they can certainly sell my car for 27,999 within a month without a problem. They charged me $200 fee and I wasn't thinking at first but now I'm feeling they're a fraud. Does anyone know about this company and what should I do to get my money back!? thanks:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Old 08-14-2019, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Why is this topic in the 2nd gen sub-forum?

Old 08-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Goobers
Why is this topic in the 2nd gen sub-forum?
Moved. If I could trouble you, if you see stuff like this, please use the report button so that I receive a notification because otherwise I have to actually stumble across threads to find stuff like this. Much appreciated! (:

Old 08-15-2019, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Moved. If I could trouble you, if you see stuff like this, please use the report button so that I receive a notification because otherwise I have to actually stumble across threads to find stuff like this. Much appreciated! (:
Actually, I was going to use it... but when I clicked on it, the usual warning about only using it for spam, harassment, etc made me wonder if this qualified for the report button. It's like... you shouldn't call 911-police because some guy a jaywalking.

But, if the report button is the suggested way of "notifying," then ok... hopefully, I won't forget this conversation and end up repeating the notify-or-not confusion.

Old 08-15-2019, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Goobers
Actually, I was going to use it... but when I clicked on it, the usual warning about only using it for spam, harassment, etc made me wonder if this qualified for the report button. It's like... you shouldn't call 911-police because some guy a jaywalking.

But, if the report button is the suggested way of "notifying," then ok... hopefully, I won't forget this conversation and end up repeating the notify-or-not confusion.
Nah, it's fine. That's just a default warning for many forum boards. I appreciate the thoughtfulness though! :)

Not the end of the world if you don't, but it makes seeing posts that need attention more "visible".