Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   '13 Honda Fit Quesions. Please Respond! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/85647-13-honda-fit-quesions-please-respond.html)

MissssFit 10-12-2014 09:07 PM

'13 Honda Fit Quesions. Please Respond!

So I was wondering, what coils do some of you fit owners recommend? I was planning to get the ksport coils

&I really don't know much about wheels. What are the specs of the wheel? Are 17s too big?

pmt666 10-13-2014 12:16 AM

This question about coil (overs?) is always about what you want to do with the car. Do you plan to race it or just drop it? Do you care about performance or look?

On my side, I've done a lot of research and I've narrowed my choices to only 2 sets (depending on the budget you have). BC Racing BR type (about 1,250$) and Fortune-auto 500 series (about 1,500$).
These companies allow you to choose your spring rate and they will match the shock damper with it.

I'll let others talk to you about wheels. ;-)

Desmond Lamar MacRae 10-13-2014 12:17 AM

Going +1 size and lighter actually is a good choice. Less rotational mass= more power to the ground.

TERTZA 10-15-2014 11:49 AM

Hey MissssFit,

I currently have a set of BC Racing BR-Type Coil Overs with 1 summer season on them (10,000km) for sale. They were brand new in the box with warranty when I purchased them and they still look brand new today.

I have moved on to yet another suspension set-up and would like to sell these... asking $750.00 + shipping if you're interested!

PM me for further details (I have pictures etc)

Terry

MissssFit 10-19-2014 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by TERTZA (Post 1271391)
Hey MissssFit,

I currently have a set of BC Racing BR-Type Coil Overs with 1 summer season on them (10,000km) for sale. They were brand new in the box with warranty when I purchased them and they still look brand new today.

I have moved on to yet another suspension set-up and would like to sell these... asking $750.00 + shipping if you're interested!

PM me for further details (I have pictures etc)

Terry

Yes, if you don't mind sending me some pictures. I'd like to hear how you liked it on the fit. Thanks

MissssFit 10-19-2014 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by pmt666 (Post 1270746)
This question about coil (overs?) is always about what you want to do with the car. Do you plan to race it or just drop it? Do you care about performance or look?

On my side, I've done a lot of research and I've narrowed my choices to only 2 sets (depending on the budget you have). BC Racing BR type (about 1,250$) and Fortune-auto 500 series (about 1,500$).
These companies allow you to choose your spring rate and they will match the shock damper with it.

I'll let others talk to you about wheels. ;-)

Yeah, I was actually looking to get bc's. I'm planning to just drop it. I'm not into performance yet. More on the looks for now. Do you have any coils on it right now?

MissssFit 10-19-2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae (Post 1270747)
Going +1 size and lighter actually is a good choice. Less rotational mass= more power to the ground.

Sadly.. I don't know much about wheel specs. I need a lot more help on that

Yosemite 10-19-2014 07:08 PM

Not to take away from this thread, but I have airrex air struts available. Have barely any miles on them. Not only are they height adjustable on the fly, they are threaded like coil overs and offer 12 way adjustable damping.

mahout 10-19-2014 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by MissssFit (Post 1270712)
So I was wondering, what coils do some of you fit owners recommend? I was planning to get the ksport coils

&I really don't know much about wheels. What are the specs of the wheel? Are 17s too big?

Lowering springs should be limited to 1.5" or LESS, 1" is ideal) according to manufacturer. More than tat increases the defeat of suspension characteristics.
Wheels 14, 15, 16, and 17 all work if the offset is at least 45mm; the key is remembering that the tire is the controlling factor in rubbing the bodywork. A diameter of 23.95" for OEM tires is pety much the limit. If the tire on your set of wheels exceeds 23.95" you'll be in trouble. So match your tires on your new wheels to match OEM size tires. Typically 195/45x17's will work on wheels with 45 mm offset. For 15 and 16" wheels you can get away with 205 section tires but still within that 23.95" diameter though we prefer 23.5".

Confused?