Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   Advice on LED Side Light (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/87901-advice-led-side-light.html)

uzapuca 02-23-2015 01:49 PM

Advice on LED Side Light

Hi guys,

Where i can buy some nice and decent Side Light LEDs bulbs? Do you know of any online store or in Amazon US that sells them? My Honda Fit is the 2009 version.

What model should i order? Is it the T10 the right one?

I have recently bought the kit for interior light

they are nice LEDs but unfortunately they don't make side lights bulbs.

By the way, i read somewhere on the net, and i don't know if that is true that LED lights could be a problem the the internal electronic computer since it does not make any current resistant like ordinary bulbs? Is that right? Now that i notice, my LED dome light is never completely turned off there is a very very dim light like in fluorescent lights. Could that be the reason?

Sorry for so many question ;)

Thanks for any help and best :thumb ups:

Sebs

xxryu139xx 02-23-2015 04:23 PM

which lights do you refer to when you call it "side lights"? parking light? turn signal? side marker lights?

uzapuca 02-23-2015 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by xxryu139xx (Post 1293791)
which lights do you refer to when you call it "side lights"? parking light? turn signal? side marker lights?

Thanks for the fast reply!
Maybe i am not using the right words. Sorry English is not my first language. I thought Side Lights are this one in the picture.

Host your images for free: Pixentral.com - Display

Is it the right term for sidelights? :confused:

xxryu139xx 02-23-2015 04:45 PM

those are parking lights. they are T10s. u don't need a resistor or what not to make it work. if you are putting leds in your turn signals, u will need resistors or buy them built in or they will hyperflash. as far as your dome lights, i have no idea why they remain on. i have LEDs on mine going on 3 years now, and don't have that problem.

uzapuca 02-23-2015 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by xxryu139xx (Post 1293795)
those are parking lights. they are T10s. u don't need a resistor or what not to make it work. if you are putting leds in your turn signals, u will need resistors or buy them built in or they will hyperflash. as far as your dome lights, i have no idea why they remain on. i have LEDs on mine going on 3 years now, and don't have that problem.

Thanks for the good info :thumb ups:

Any advice where to buy online good quality T10 led bulbs? Any online store in the US preferable would be a good tip. I read there are quite different quality among them.

By the way, what voltage should the Parking Light LED should be?

Now I see the resistors are only for turning lights. The dome light are very faintly on. I really don't worry that much but i thought it was good to ask.

Best,
S

xxryu139xx 02-23-2015 05:04 PM

i'm using these now

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/med...10_bulbs_6.jpg

T10 XB LED Headlight marker turn signal interior COB bulbs blinkers T10 194

uzapuca 02-23-2015 05:10 PM

Thanks for the good tip :D

Your lights looks great! I guess they are very bright, right?

I see they are a bit expensive that the rest T10 models

but i guess you also pay the brand quality too.

Cheers,

slimchriz 03-13-2015 12:59 PM

I got mine from ddmtuning.com
They are the Cree 3 watt led model (I doubt they are authentic Cree led chips). I've had good results with their LEDs.

Don't buy their HIDs though took months to ship my 55watt ballasts and bulbs from their factory in china. When I got them one bulb had some melted plastic on it was color was way off from the other one. Then after a month one ballast started going bad then went out completely after two months. Warranty looks good was 3 years I think... Well guess where replacement ballast comes from? Yep two months from china after you ship the bad one to Cali for them to confirm its bad... On second thought why am I giving this company a plug?....

SieGunso 03-14-2015 12:20 AM

dome light needs resistor

MNfit 03-14-2015 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by SieGunso (Post 1297001)
dome light needs resistor

Really? Both my 99 GMC Jimmy and 08 Fit have LED dome lights, and I don't need a resistor for it to work.

As for a place to get LED bulbs, I have always used superbrightleds.com with great success.

SieGunso 03-14-2015 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by MNfit (Post 1297017)
Really? Both my 99 GMC Jimmy and 08 Fit have LED dome lights, and I don't need a resistor for it to work.

As for a place to get LED bulbs, I have always used superbrightleds.com with great success.

yes, depending on where you got your light and which style it's in it may require a resistor. I picked up a cheap led bulb replacement before that needed a resistor for it to completely turn off when the car is locked.

1-kohm 1/2-watt, I'd recommend radioshack but they're all gone now lol

uzapuca 03-14-2015 11:32 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the extra info ;)

What is the problem if i don't put a resistor in the dome light? I can see that the LED dome light at night it is just tiny on when i close the car. I don't know which can the the complication besides battery consumption. I guess that LED light consume very little or am i mistaken?

Thanks for your ideas

Mr.Hollow 03-14-2015 04:40 PM

Also check out superbrightleds.com I have bought leds from they for 2+ years and they are good quality and really bright.

dll932 08-09-2016 04:36 PM

IIRC, most LEDs intended for auto use have a dropping resistor built in, nothing else needed.