2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Alarm Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 09:54 PM
Exclamation Alarm Question

Hi People,
After searching for about two months I finally found a decent Fit Sport. It is a 2010 Non Nav. I have an interesting alarm issue I would like to share. So when I arm the car and I hit the button twice on the key and it beeps and the doors lock and everything seems normal. However, when I unlock, I have a little issue that bothers me. Firstly when I unlock the red flashing light in the cluster turns off and then a blue light (added by the dealer) at the kick panel starts to blink about 1 second on then 1 second off. Then after I have dis armed the car (so I assume) I put the key in the ignition and try to start it up the alarm goes off. The horn buzzes and the light start to flash. Now I have had alarms for the past 10+ years and when you unlock on your key you can sit in and turn the key and it will start. Am I missing something here?? Also, i noticed today that when I lock the car (after pressing the arm button twice, it beeps then beeps again). Now after I sit in the car I have to hit the arm button on my key to have the blue light turn off and the red light start to flash so I can put the key in the ignition and turn the key to have the car start. When I unlock (disarm) the blue lights start to flash until I get in and try to start to find out that it is not starting. I am assuming to take out the alarm unit with the blue lights and replace it with something more reputable like viper or something (open to suggestions). Any help here would be great. Ultimately I just want key less entry. When I drove the car home I was saying to myself "why is that stupid blue light flashing while driving??" The unit that has the blue light has a button. I don't know what the button is for and I dont know what I am doing wrong in disarming my car....

Last edited by Hamik; 01-31-2017 at 10:10 PM.