2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TIGHT-FIT
Time to add nitrous and a snail! Just kidding.

Looks like you're going to hit the half a million mile mark.
I've been really itching to throw on a small turbo and have it set up like these new cars from the factory just for that extra pep. In the meantime, I'll just stick to a CR-Z airbox + K&N filter, if anything.

Originally Posted by BlackUp
430k damn! Look forward to seeing how far this thing will go.
Will take some photos next week. Driving to Houston along with some stops in between.

Old 06-04-2017, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
Currently doing a road trip at the moment. here's some random crap-

Some teepee Airbnb in Atlanta and random wall in East Atlanta

Hit up Dauphin Island in Louisiana

Also stopped at two Honda dealers (Mississippi and Louisiana, gonna stop in Alabama driving home.) I have a license plate collection project where I collect the 50 states and have a frame from said state. Trying to visit at least a good amount of them myself.

Finally arrived in Texas

Current mileage is somewhere around 433,7xx

Old 06-04-2017, 02:01 PM
Yes! Can't wait to see 500k miles!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM
This is amazing! That fit just keeps on ticking!

Old 06-13-2017, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Forgot to post. Got back home around Friday after the 3700 mile road trip. Odometer is currently reading somewhere in the 435,800 area. Didn't take photos of it in New Orleans and Savannah since the dog got more love from the camera. Here's this though-

Old 06-14-2017, 05:10 PM
Awesome thread! Love seeing people with high mileage cars who aren't afraid to drive them! Seriously impressive!

Old 06-27-2017, 09:17 PM
Thumbs up Impressive

This is seriously impressive. I am on the other side from you. I have a 09 sport with ~55k miles. Bought it with 53k miles about 9 months ago.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Minor updates, nothing wild:

Current mileage is near 442k and currently in NC. Had to get a new windshield last week due to a rock getting kicked up on the highway or a piece of overpass fell off, or even some asshole dropping rocks. Fourth windshield was installed and went on another road trip.

Took the Fit on a trail to make myself feel better about the windshield-

Not too shabby for having almost 450k miles-

Old 08-02-2017, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Amazing! I love it! That is quite impressive and glad to see these cars can run a long time. Only good engineering can provide that, so maybe the L series will end up being fairly bulletproof. Now .. my AT on the other hand ... oh well.

I especially love the trail running photo. Cars are more durable than people given them credit for.

A question on one of the recent pic. Base models have speakers in the dash?

Old 08-10-2017, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Amazing! I love it! That is quite impressive and glad to see these cars can run a long time. Only good engineering can provide that, so maybe the L series will end up being fairly bulletproof. Now .. my AT on the other hand ... oh well.

I especially love the trail running photo. Cars are more durable than people given them credit for.

A question on one of the recent pic. Base models have speakers in the dash?
Thanks! And I think they are tweeters. Not sure if its actually there or if its an aesthetic addition...

Photo from Outer Banks and a somewhat current mileage photo-
Name:  uX0kWVy.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  37.4 KB
Name:  Gno3qIQ.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  221.2 KB

Old 08-10-2017, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
This is downright inspiring!

Makes me feel bad for semi-retiring our Fit at 190,000 miles. Guess we need to drive it more. Keep miles off the newer stuff.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
This is downright inspiring!

Makes me feel bad for semi-retiring our Fit at 190,000 miles. Guess we need to drive it more. Keep miles off the newer stuff.
Thanks! At least you still have it though! If I ever get a newer car (probably not, honestly. i hate the idea of car payments...) I'd still drive this every day.

Almost-current mileage photo from last night-

Old 08-28-2017, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Holy hell! What line of work are you in??? As a tax accountant, i would love to see your mileage deduction! You must get audited by the IRS every year for your mileage alone!
That's incredible!

Old 08-29-2017, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Michigan57
Holy hell! What line of work are you in??? As a tax accountant, i would love to see your mileage deduction! You must get audited by the IRS every year for your mileage alone!
That's incredible!
I work in a warehouse for three days out of the week and drive everywhere on the other four days.

The mileage was racked up by the previous owner. (It was purchased at almost 390k, and I just take the car everywhere I go.) I forgot the term, but he would drive to people's houses and say the bank is foreclosing the property. He lives in New Jersey and would drive all over the state, if I recall correctly. When he was told he wasn't going to have that job anymore, he decided to sell the car and I was the only one that even showed interest in it with cash in hand.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:06 PM
Man, this is inspiring. I'm gonna do the variable wiper switch. Do you know when the clutch was replaced on your *high mileage* Fit!?

Old 08-29-2017, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome

This is a really cool thread and pics.
It blows my mind that 444,444 miles = 715,263 km and it's still rollin'.
Thanks for sharing and hope you will keep it up with updates.

I was also curious about a couple things:

1) You said in an earlier post that transmission fluid was changed only with clutch replacements. Do you know how often was the clutch replaced?

Here, in Canada, the Honda dealership schedule has manual transmission fluid listed for every 100,000 km (60 K miles). I think the auto fluid was at half this interval.
My '13 Fit is just about to reach the infamous 80085 km soon
Wondering if I should change it this fall, or wait until next spring.
It feels a bit notchy in 1st and 2nd sometimes and occasionally it doesn't go into reverse, unless I put it in 1st and then it can go into 5th. Would a fluid change help? Is this normal or have I f*cked my transmission learning to drive manual?

2) Do you know what grade of gas the previous owner used, was it just regular?
I've tried premium and mid-grade a few times but didn't see enough improvement in mileage or performance to make it worth the extra cost. Here premium is about 15-20% more than regular.

Thanks,

Last edited by Andrei_ierdnA; 08-30-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by radioarno
Man, this is inspiring. I'm gonna do the variable wiper switch. Do you know when the clutch was replaced on your *high mileage* Fit!?
Originally Posted by Andrei_ierdnA
This is a really cool thread and pics.
It blows my mind that 444,444 miles = 715,263 km and it's still rollin'.
Thanks for sharing and hope you will keep it up with updates.

I was also curious about a couple things:

1) You said in an earlier post that transmission fluid was changed only with clutch replacements. Do you know how often was the clutch replaced?
Thanks, guys! Clutches were replaced around every 100k miles. When I bought it at nearly 390k, the clutch was replaced 9-10k miles ago.

Here, in Canada, the Honda dealership schedule has manual transmission fluid listed for every 100,000 km (60 K miles). I think the auto fluid was at half this interval.
My '13 Fit is just about to reach the infamous 80085 km soon
Wondering if I should change it this fall, or wait until next spring.
It feels a bit notchy in 1st and 2nd sometimes and occasionally it doesn't go into reverse, unless I put it in 1st and then it can go into 5th. Would a fluid change help? Is this normal or have I f*cked my transmission learning to drive manual?
A fluid change would possibly help out if you haven't completely messed up your synchros.

2) Do you know what grade of gas the previous owner used, was it just regular?
I've tried premium and mid-grade a few times but didn't see enough improvement in mileage or performance to make it worth the extra cost. Here premium is about 15-20% more than regular.

Thanks,
It's normally filled with regular gas, nothing special. Sometimes Shell if I'm in an area with it and it's convenient. However on occasion, I would run BG 44k fuel cleaner or seafoam in the tank, whichever I get my hands on first.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
Current mileage is around 447,900 miles or so. Did 1600 miles or so from Delaware to a fair bit of the New England area to Montreal to back home.

Even climbed the famous Mount Washington with ease. Yes, I have the bumper sticker as well.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Nice pics, dude! Is that Montreal in the lower ones?

Old 09-09-2017, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The Fitness
Nice pics, dude! Is that Montreal in the lower ones?
Thanks and sure is!

Quick Reply: 400k+ '09 Fit "build" thread