Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   No blower motor any speed (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/97582-no-blower-motor-any-speed.html)

Dizzy5 02-10-2018 02:36 PM

No blower motor any speed

My blower motor quit working on all speeds the other day. Here is what I have checked.

1: Fuses
2: pulled motor and spun it freely and jumpered it (runs great)
3: pulled resister and checked it. replaced it as it was cheap $21
4: pulled what I believe was the relay and replaced it $6.19 at Autozone
(location I used was top row of relays 2nd one over and 3rd over)
5:Pulled radio to get to blower switch. Can't figure out how to get the left side of climate panel loose, don't want to break it.
I was able to disconnect it and checked voltage on plug. Had power there.

To repeat, no speeds at all on blower:(

Any help would be appreciated very much! Searches are useless, all I get is info on resister.:(

n9cv 02-11-2018 04:30 AM

What plug did you disconnect? If it is at the motor, plug it back in and read the voltage again with the motor connected as a normal load. Connect to both sides of the circuit with your meter. Do not take a short cut and use something else for a ground.

DaytonaFit 02-11-2018 06:40 AM

I have no blower on speed 1,2,3. But on 4 Its fine.

n9cv 02-11-2018 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by DaytonaFit (Post 1392931)
I have no blower on speed 1,2,3. But on 4 Its fine.

That changes the diagnosis completely.

First let me state that I do NOT have the wiring diagram for the FIT blower so what I am telling you is what I have observed on many other vehicles but this info is not Fit specific.

If the blower motor runs on position #4, this is not a blower motor or fuse problem.

On the non-computer controlled fans, the motor speed is controlled by the fan switch and the resistor assembly EXCEPT in the full speed position. So if it does not run in 1, 2, and 3 but works in 4, then the problem has to be in the speed selection switch, or the resistor assembly, or the connectors and wires between those two. Speed 4 bypasses the resistor assembly either with a switch contact or with a relay contact.

I wish that I had a wiring diagram for a FIT. Then I could tell you more on how to trouble shoot it with a meter or a test light.

Since the resistor assembly has been replaced, the first thing I would do is to disconnect it and make sure that all resistor connections are clean and not burned.

Sorry I'm not more help.

Dizzy5 02-11-2018 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by n9cv (Post 1392928)
What plug did you disconnect? If it is at the motor, plug it back in and read the voltage again with the motor connected as a normal load. Connect to both sides of the circuit with your meter. Do not take a short cut and use something else for a ground.

I have power at the wiring connector for the fan switch. I can't get to the back side of the switch to check it with out pulling it. I don't have a wiring diagram of the blower system either.

Dizzy5 02-11-2018 03:47 PM

Daytona Fit, I don't mean to sound disrespectable, but there are several threads on your situation. That is why I opened a new thread. My problem is different.

Change your resister and you should be good. Pop your panel out below your glove box to get to it. I laid across the front seats hanging off enough to get to and see the screws that hold it in. I used a small right angle racheting screwdriver to get the screws. You also might want to pull the blower and give it a spin to make sure it spins free. If it doesn't replace it. Hope you get it sorted out.

n9cv 02-11-2018 07:16 PM

Try this page:
Unauthorized Access

Click on:
Heating, Ventilation and troubleshooting
Then click on:
Blower Motor trouble shooting

If the site asks you for a password, give it no user id and use password. 22417009338575

You might have to try to sign in a couple of times to get it to work. It is a real PIA to get signed in but it does work.

I'm still looking for an actual wiring diagram. I hate online / electronic books. It takes me forever to find some things.

DaytonaFit 02-11-2018 09:02 PM

Sorry about that didn't try to over run your thread, haven't done forum in years

Dizzy5 02-13-2018 11:57 AM

No problem. You get yours fixed yet?
I've been busy with my 2 young grandkids and now I'm sick. Hoping to get back on mine and fix It. In the mean time I am enjoying my Malone tuned VW b5.5 Passat tdi. Wish the fit had some of it's torque.

Goobers 02-22-2018 09:23 PM

Are you sure you got the right fuse?

#57 a large square 30amp fuse (middle of three 30 amp fuses).