Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   New owner, lightly modded 2013 Honda Fit Sport (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/97770-new-owner-lightly-modded-2013-honda-fit-sport.html)

Mckesh 03-12-2018 08:34 PM

New owner, lightly modded 2013 Honda Fit Sport

Hi guys, I just bought a 2013 Honda Fit Sport from the local Honda Dealership. The car has 70,000 kms on the 1.5 liter engine. The car also came with a dash that fits the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS perfectly. The stock speakers look as though they have been upgraded, no amp though or subwoofer. The leather interior looks like Katzskin. Also, there is carbon fiber trim around the armrests on the doors and around the slatted vents near the front doors. Pics to come shortly.

I have been a previous owner of a 2001 Honda Civic DX and feel as though this is exactly the car I would have wanted it to become lol.

I have two kids and my wife and there seems to be lots of room in the trunk which is a nice surpirse.

The Pioneer deck that I am running does not have GPS or Sirius XM. But they can be added later.

I have been working around cars for a while now and want to drop the fit and put it on some nice chrome rims.

Also when I found the brakes in the back are drum I would like to convert them to disc brakes.

Is there any way of adding a multi link rear suspension to the back end? If so please leave a comment and let me know what parts to order.

I dont have a lot of money, but I can get parts for cheap and installed with my friends in their shops.

Im going to start my search for parts now :)

mike410b 03-13-2018 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mckesh (Post 1395551)
Hi guys, I just bought a 2013 Honda Fit Sport from the local Honda Dealership. The car has 70,000 kms on the 1.5 liter engine. The car also came with a dash that fits the Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS perfectly. The stock speakers look as though they have been upgraded, no amp though or subwoofer. The leather interior looks like Katzskin. Also, there is carbon fiber trim around the armrests on the doors and around the slatted vents near the front doors. Pics to come shortly.

I have been a previous owner of a 2001 Honda Civic DX and feel as though this is exactly the car I would have wanted it to become lol.

I have two kids and my wife and there seems to be lots of room in the trunk which is a nice surpirse.

The Pioneer deck that I am running does not have GPS or Sirius XM. But they can be added later.

I have been working around cars for a while now and want to drop the fit and put it on some nice chrome rims.

Also when I found the brakes in the back are drum I would like to convert them to disc brakes.

Is there any way of adding a multi link rear suspension to the back end? If so please leave a comment and let me know what parts to order.

I dont have a lot of money, but I can get parts for cheap and installed with my friends in their shops.

Im going to start my search for parts now :)

Rear discs have no benefit & would be hugely work heavy to make work.

Rear multi-link would cost thousands & thousands in work & not have proper engineering behind them.

Chrome & milano red don't pair well.

Mckesh 03-13-2018 12:57 AM

i have dunlops on the fit now. anyone have any experience with this brand?

Mister Coffee 03-13-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mckesh (Post 1395563)
i have dunlops on the fit now. anyone have any experience with this brand?

My experience is that Dunlops wear fast.

For quality, I like Michelin.

For value, I like Yokohama.

Good luck. :)

mike410b 03-13-2018 01:18 PM

All the major brands have some good tires, some bad tires. Model is more important than brand.

The Dunlop DZ102 is bland at best, the Dunlop ZIII is one of the best summer tires on the planet.