2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE8 Hazards / Blinkers not working

Old 11-15-2018, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
GE8 Hazards / Blinkers not working

Greetings,

I have been retrieving information from this forum for quite some time and I could not find any answers to my questions in my search this time so figured hopefully someone has come across a similar problem before and can help out.

(Story)
Just installed some LED Tail Lights, came out great, everything worked great, hazards, blinkers, reverse. I also have a tow setup on my Fit, with the towing lights attachment as well. Once I confirmed the new LED Tail Lights were working completely, I hooked it up to my trailer to test those lights as well. The running lights came on great however I never got anything for my blinkers or hazards, nothing, no light response from the trailer, my Fit, not even a clicking noise. That being said, I bypassed the towing lights wiring harness and hooked up my stock tail lights again.

(Question)
I am still getting no response from either hazards nor blinkers, no lights, no clicking. Checked every fuse, twice. I overlooked all the wiring in the vicinity of the tail lights, even patched up a wire that seemed a little frail. I'm not getting the smell of burnt wires anywhere. I also disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. All after going back to stock tail lights. I even made sure I wasn't forgetting something simple like turn the key to activate the blinkers. I'm about to run through it with a meter, not really too sure what Im looking at but eh, it can't hurt. If anyone has been in a situation similar I would love to hear from you. Thank you for your time.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
Sounds like a problem I had about 50 years ago trying to wire up a trailer. The car had three filaments where as only had two in the trailer lights so could never make it work. Maybe you only have two in the new tails and three in the trailer? Then again maybe I know nothing of which I am talking about.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
my target for now is the Flasher Relay, supposedly built into the cluster in the dash. I have no idea really what I'm doing, but my flashers aren't working and I need to drive my car, so here goes taking stuff apart.

Once again if anyone has dealt with anything Ive mentioned thus far would love to hear from you.

Edit: In addition, if anyone knows any tricks to getting the instrument cluster out on the 2nd Gen would love to hear that as well.

Last edited by bgriff; 11-16-2018 at 11:44 AM. Reason: last comment added in post.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
soooo..

before I started taking out my instrument cluster, I decided to double check all my fuses.

I missed it. It was a stupid, blown fuse.
Sorry for wasting everyone's time here, ty for your input Mr. Black.

now to figure out how to make these tail lights operate with my towing wiring.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bgriff
soooo..

before I started taking out my instrument cluster, I decided to double check all my fuses.

I missed it. It was a stupid, blown fuse.
Sorry for wasting everyone's time here, ty for your input Mr. Black.

now to figure out how to make these tail lights operate with my towing wiring.
LOL. Good find. I was hoping you would not tackle the cluster.