2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progress 19 mm rear sway bar no fit my 2011 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Progress 19 mm rear sway bar no fit my 2011 Fit

I just got Progress' new, just released 19 mm Fit RSB. (09-11 Honda Fit Rear anti-roll bar Part #: 62.1062). It mounted OK, but I am having issues with it banging on the protruding metal parts from the well for the spare - less than 1/2' clearance on the drivers side & almost no clearance on the passenger side. Looking at their photos of their previous GE bar for this model (62.1061) it seems obvious clear that Honda has done something different under the 2011 Fit based on the one they show in the photo on their site.

I have notified Progress & they are looking at it. I am wondering if any one else has tried this revised bar 62.1062) or had similar probems with the oder model (62.1061).

I have performance Driving School track date for June 27 & sure would like to have a RSB on for that.

Last edited by danlisahall@comcast.net; 06-14-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
pictures GREATLY help.

I'm curious to see if the bar was installed wrong.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
I did try to post photos here. Got them loaded onto the photo site, but failed to comprehend what to do after that -- sorry
I was able to send them to Ed at Progress & he said that it was installed correctly. Actually there are not many options to screw it up!

If you are still curious, perhaps I could send them to you via PM?
Thanks,
Dovidan

Old 06-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Progress rear anti-sway bar issues

I just talked to progress about the same issue with my 2011 fit. They were very responsive and said they would send a ups label and to return it. They are working on making a bar to fit the later style, with a "new part number".

Old 06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
AHA! It feels good to have co-sufferers & be vindicated! At least I know I am not an anomaly - thanks I also found them responsive - I am pretty sure they will make it right.

Did they happen to mention how many others have had this problem?

I emailed them earlier today regarding when they might have a new one available - no response yet. Did they give you any idea on a delivery date? Sure hope I can get one before my day on on the track

Old 06-14-2011, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Question- does the 2011 have a factory bar?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
AHA! It feels good to have co-sufferers & be vindicated! At least I know I am not an anomaly - thanks I also found them responsive - I am pretty sure they will make it right.

Did they happen to mention how many others have had this problem?

I emailed them earlier today regarding when they might have a new one available - no response yet. Did they give you any idea on a delivery date? Sure hope I can get one before my day on on the track
I ordered the same part for my '11 Sport on 6/2. They said it would ship this Friday. Hopefully they get it fixed before they ship it. I'll update here when I get it and try to install.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Both Base & Sport have a factory front sway bar.
Only Sport has a rear factory sway bar (17 mm). It is built in (welded I believe) and not easily removed nor can you order a OEM RSB & simply bolt it on to your base model.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Adlai3 - Ed at Progress told me a week ago that he would call me when they have a solution. He has not called & my guess is that you are likely to get the same bar that Slickterinry & I got (62.1062). I suggest that you call em before Friday & confirm that they have redesigned the bar since 6/08 as that is when I contacted them about the problem. I placed my order 5-31-11 & think I go one of the 1st 1062s they shipped.

My advice si confirm that the bar you will get has actually been installed on a 2011 & will fit without rubbing or banging.

Please let us know what your learn. Thanks!

Last edited by danlisahall@comcast.net; 06-14-2011 at 11:34 PM. Reason: additional information.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Did you try flipping it over?

edit: I've never installed one, so I don't know if flipping it over would be too obvious.

Last edited by Goobers; 06-15-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
Adlai3 - Ed at Progress told me a week ago that he would call me when they have a solution. He has not called & my guess is that you are likely to get the same bar that Slickterinry & I got (62.1062). I suggest that you call em before Friday & confirm that they have redesigned the bar since 6/08 as that is when I contacted them about the problem. I placed my order 5-31-11 & think I go one of the 1st 1062s they shipped.

My advice si confirm that the bar you will get has actually been installed on a 2011 & will fit without rubbing or banging.

Please let us know what your learn. Thanks!
Thanks for the info. I'll try to contact them tomorrow morning. I'll update with any news they give me.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Here are some screen-shots of how to post pics:

Right click on the picture (at whichever site you use to host) and copy the url. I use Picasa.

Then go to the forums and click on the picture icon:

Paste the url you copied earlier into the box:

Click okay and you'll see the html tags in the forum's reply box.

That's it. See if you can post the pics you have with the sway bar.

Last edited by adlai3; 06-15-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Hmm- it fit my 2010 Sport no problem- I'd hate to say it, but I'd put money on it being mis-aligned or somesuch, as there weren't any major changes to the '11's that would cause this, unless Honda blindsided us all, which, again, I doubt- Mark W.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM
I just recieved an email from Progress. It reads:
"Our records indicate that you have purchased our newly-released #62.1062, CR-Z / Fit rear anti-sway bar. Since shipping your order, we have learned that this new application is correct only for CR-Z vehicles.

The #62.1062 lacks proper clearance for installation on late Honda Fit applications. If you ordered #62.1062 for a Honda Fit, please contact us and we will immediately issue a UPS Call Tag for the product. We will issue you a full credit for the purchase upon receipt of the item.

You may place an order for the correct #62.1061 anti-sway bar for 2009-2011 Honda Fit vehicles as a replacement on our website. Please note “NEED FIT REPLACEMENT, inv xxxxx” in the COMMENTS box, and we will invoice the replacement correctly. We will offer you a 20% discount and free shipping (replacement bar only) to help cover any inconvenience you may have incurred.

Please call us at 800-905-6687 or respond to this email. We will issue you a return number and send a UPS Call Tag immediately.

We sincerely apologize for this engineering error.
Best Regards,
Jeff Cheechov
President"

Pretty stand up acknowledgement of a mistake! Unfortunately when my mechanic and I were putting the bar in we simply assumed the bolt holes had been misaligned so we just made a tiny notch in each to position the bar about 2mm further forward of the area making contact. I did not realize that there were differences in these bars so since we already corrected the prob and it's not rubbing any more then I doubt I'll go through the trouble of taking it off and all that.

Much appreciated on the part of Progress though for properly offering to remedy the situation!!

Old 06-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by FiTyogi
...You may place an order for the correct #62.1061 anti-sway bar for 2009-2011 Honda Fit vehicles as a replacement on our website. Please note “NEED FIT REPLACEMENT, inv xxxxx” in the COMMENTS box, and we will invoice the replacement correctly. We will offer you a 20% discount and free shipping (replacement bar only) to help cover any inconvenience you may have incurred...
I just sent them an email earlier this morning asking about any issues with the bar. Hopefully, they don't ship me the 1062 and then I have to send it back. Can I quote your email from them? I want to let them know to send me the 1061 instead. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2011, 02:45 PM
5 Year Member
I've had a progress bar on my '09 for two years now and love it. Stand-up customer service, too. Glad its all going to work out for your guys.

So, just curious. It sounds like once they made a bar for the cr-z (#62.1062), they dropped the one made exclusively for the fit (#62.1061) and planned on selling the same new bar for both. But now based on the subtle differences realized between the two cars they're back to stocking and selling two different bars. (For now until they make another new combined one that will actually fit both cars (maybe #62.1063))?

Old 06-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Just got a quick response from them (10 mins after I sent an email). That's really good customer service. Here it is:

"Your order will not be shipping Friday. We were made aware of the problem and put all orders on hold. The 62.1061 bar is in production now and will be shipping in ~ 3 weeks. Your order will be filled when the 62.1061 bar is available."

Guess I have to wait longer for my next mod.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Sounds good. It's tough to find real customer support like that!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Banned
I must have gotten the older bar as I have a progress bar on my 2011 base fit with no issues.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
I got same email as FITyogi. The older bar (# 62.1061) is back in production & is supposed to work just fine on the 2011. They hope to start shipping next week.

I agree, excellent response to the problem, I am hoping the new one will bolt in with zero issues.
I am curious how many of you who have this bar on an 09-11 have had to remove the wheels & springs as stated on the instructions. I did not & was able to mount it but found that that having the springs in place made it difficult to get the Allen wrench seated in the bolt heads. But it looked to me like removing the springs would be even more work. Actually, I couldn't figure out how remove the springs. Any feed back? Thanks

Quick Reply: Progress 19 mm rear sway bar no fit my 2011 Fit