2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Aries Floor Liners/Mats

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 12:17 AM
Received today my 3-D mats from AutoDistributorDirect.com (same ones 2012fitfan got). Delivered in 2 days for $151. Fit and quality seems good (though I haven't really put them to use).

They'll serve me well (I have 2 young children in the back), but I gotta say, they're a bit austere (no carpeting reminds me of a base model pickup with rubber floor mats that my father used to drive!). Certainly doesn't look as nice as the blue trimmed mats that came with it.

Certainly no issue with service and this was the only place I came across that offered the set for under ~$170.

Pat
'13 Sport MT

Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
pordy is that for the front and rear? nice!

i just to got the front 2 on mine and using the factory a/s floormats on the rear.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Yup, front and rear (btw Kenchan- nice color When I posted about it, I hadn't actually driven the car so my view has softened a bit-- they look nice (the texture actually matches the fabric pretty well), and aren't so utilitarian as my first impression. I'll definitely use the back for the kiddos and front for winter, and maybe I'll just get used to them.

The OEMs were actually starting to show wear after ~1300 miles (new dress shoes are a bit rough with a MT).

Pat

Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pordy
Yup, front and rear (btw Kenchan- nice color When I posted about it, I hadn't actually driven the car so my view has softened a bit-- they look nice (the texture actually matches the fabric pretty well), and aren't so utilitarian as my first impression. I'll definitely use the back for the kiddos and front for winter, and maybe I'll just get used to them.

The OEMs were actually starting to show wear after ~1300 miles (new dress shoes are a bit rough with a MT).

Pat
sounds good! thanks on the color. lol

yah, my oem front on my '12 was showing some wear and my 09's front actually had a hole in it (5yrs old) so i gave my front to my 09 and got the aries for my '12. so far im real happy with these mats. looks good, easy to wipe clean.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Someone asked about cleaning these earlier in the thread but it never got answered.

The pictures make these seem more 'fabric-like' than the rubber Weathertechs. Can these liners be pulled out and hosed off? Or would that ruin them? I can't get a good sense of how they might do with liquid spills, etc.

I'm also curious how some of the earlier adopters feel they've held up.
Already we saw at least two people say the liners started falling apart after 1 year. I'd love to hear some reports from people who've had them for a while now.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AustinDriver
Someone asked about cleaning these earlier in the thread but it never got answered.

The pictures make these seem more 'fabric-like' than the rubber Weathertechs. Can these liners be pulled out and hosed off? Or would that ruin them? I can't get a good sense of how they might do with liquid spills, etc.

Already we saw at least two people say the liners started falling apart after 1 year. I'd love to hear some reports from people who've had them for a while now.
They are easy to clean. You can hose them off and won't harm them. The top of the liners are a semirigid plastic that's waterproof.

In regards to durability, I had a problem where the driver's side wore through the first layer on the heal pad area. This surprised me, but I will say that U-ACE promptly replaced both front liners. The service was excellent. They sent me the Aries branded front liners as a replacement.

I'm hoping that my liner was just defective. I did ask Kylie, at U-ACE, if I had this issue again would they replace and she said gladly. I really like the liners. They look great and keep the carpet clean.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 10-30-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply - that's good to know they can be hosed down if needed.

As far as durability - that's the only thing that might make me gunshy on these.
From the small sample in this thread we've already seen a few people say theirs didn't hold up past a year or so. These mats definitely seem great, but when I consider that Weathertech offers a 10 year warranty and Husky warranties their product for the life of your car it leaves the Aires 3 year warranty seeming kind of lacking.

I'm glad to hear their customer service is top notch... but I'll be curious to see if they continue to replace them after 3 years if need be.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the quick reply - that's good to know they can be hosed down if needed.

As far as durability - that's the only thing that might make me gunshy on these.
From the small sample in this thread we've already seen a few people say theirs didn't hold up past a year or so. These mats definitely seem great, but when I consider that Weathertech offers a 10 year warranty and Husky warranties their product for the life of your car it leaves the Aires 3 year warranty seeming kind of lacking.

I'm glad to hear their customer service is top notch... but I'll be curious to see if they continue to replace them after 3 years if need be.
You're welcome. I hear you about the durability aspect. I was surprised myself. I will say the replacement looks fine thus far, but it's only been a month so far. If I notice any wear, I'll be sure to post up. I will say this, once they're put in place you can't move the liners and they won't shift around, The max-spider backing is seriously good.

Good luck with your search!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member

I think mileage is a much better indicator than time as I drive my Fit over 20,000 miles a year and if someone else logs 5,000 it's not a fair comparison (unless I was purely on the highway or something of course).

I have over 18,000 miles on my Fit, I got the Aries floor liners about a week or two after purchase. Mine are showing no signs of wear anywhere. I wash the car about once a week and just pull them out and spray them off at the car wash.

I love them. I would buy the rears too if I had rear passengers more than about once a month.

I don't care if it's a 3 year warranty vs 10, I like the look of these a lot better than weather tech and I would rather buy them again in 3 years than have another liner for 10 years.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sapper
I think mileage is a much better indicator than time as I drive my Fit over 20,000 miles a year and if someone else logs 5,000 it's not a fair comparison (unless I was purely on the highway or something of course).

I have over 18,000 miles on my Fit, I got the Aries floor liners about a week or two after purchase. Mine are showing no signs of wear anywhere. I wash the car about once a week and just pull them out and spray them off at the car wash.

I love them. I would buy the rears too if I had rear passengers more than about once a month.

I don't care if it's a 3 year warranty vs 10, I like the look of these a lot better than weather tech and I would rather buy them again in 3 years than have another liner for 10 years.
The replacements they sent me had the Aries badges. I'm thinking mine might have been part of a defective batch. At least that's what I'm hoping. Great to read your set is still going strong. I agree about the look. These liners look incredible in the car.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Good points, Sapper, and I'm glad to hear they're holding up for you.
Thanks for the feedback.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
By the way, here's a pic showing where my original driver's side liner wore through. Right near the point where my right heal sits. I do about 20,000 miles a year. It's almost as though the top layer separated. These had the 3D badging. The replacements have the Aries badging.

Name:  image_zpsa980d990.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  54.6 KB

Old 10-30-2013, 11:06 PM
Hi guys, I just signed on as a vendor here since I have been selling 3D mats to some of the members here for about a year and a half, and we have been selling 3D mats for over 2 years.

The problem on the separation near the heal pad on the mats was from the bonding press that bonds the top and middle layer together. Sometimes the machine would pull two top layers that would be pressed on. These mats a susceptible to separation near the heal or other areas of the mat. 3D says the manufacturing has improved to have less errors, but I already think their error rate was very low since we have only seen this happen on about 1% of the mats sold (some models had it happen more than others though).

Also, I would appreciate your business if you guys are interested in the mats so I can continue to support the forum. Business isn't deserved, it's earned, and hopefully you feel I will provide that with my service. My website is: Auto Distributor Direct

Here is a link for the Fit Mats: 3D Floor Liners for Honda Fit 2009+ | Auto Distributor Direct

Old 10-30-2013, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Auto Distributor Direct
The problem on the separation near the heal pad on the mats was from the bonding press that bonds the top and middle layer together. Sometimes the machine would pull two top layers that would be pressed on. These mats a susceptible to separation near the heal or other areas of the mat. 3D says the manufacturing has improved to have less errors, but I already think their error rate was very low since we have only seen this happen on about 1% of the mats sold (some models had it happen more than others
This is great information Joe. I feel better that it's simply a manufacturing process that's being addressed. I can vouch you and U-ACE stand behind the product 100%!

Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Impressive looking mats! Any word on if there is/will be a matching trunk liner?

Old 11-14-2013, 09:59 AM
I've had mine for a month or two and am pleased with them. They do suffer from the fit problem noted in other threads-- right side of driver foot well has a ~1" x 3" pucker where it doesn't fit snug and dirt/debris/snow gets past them. OEM trunk liner is perfect for the job.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:39 PM
This is great news! I was at the SEMA show when I first saw this product. First impression was very good. If I am not mistaken, the company is in Fontana California. I like them better than my weathertech... looks and texture wise.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by carolina_cruising
Impressive looking mats! Any word on if there is/will be a matching trunk liner?
There is not a cargo liner available right now. I can see about getting 3D to manufacture some. How many people would be interested?

By the way you guys can use coupon code TENOFF to get $10 off the mats on Auto Distributor Direct

Thanks guys!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Auto Distributor Direct
There is not a cargo liner available right now. I can see about getting 3D to manufacture some. How many people would be interested?

By the way you guys can use coupon code TENOFF to get $10 off the mats on Auto Distributor Direct

Thanks guys!
I would buy a 3D cargo liner if one became available. The sound deadening provided by the mats would be nice for the cargo area since a lot of road noise is transmitted through the spare tire well.

My wife just bought me a set of 3D liners from you guys as an early birthday present - can't wait to install them!

Old 11-21-2013, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
huh, didnt know they come in other colors.

mine are black and looks great.

Quick Reply: Aries Floor Liners/Mats