Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/)
-   -   Passenger seat stuck in place. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-diy-repair-maintenance-sub-forum/76549-passenger-seat-stuck-place.html)

cjecpa 02-06-2013 07:11 PM

Passenger seat stuck in place.

Notice my passenger seat on my 2012 Fit Sport was up pretty far so I went to move it back today and it will not budge. On the door side it releases but on the inner side will not release. Has anyone had a similar problem and if so a fix?

Thanks

SieGunso 02-06-2013 09:31 PM

check if there's anything (cable,pebble,etc) stuck in the rails. pull the chair forward while pulling up the lock to see if it'll release

Black3sr 02-07-2013 05:13 AM

Failing that take it to the dealer. It will be covered under the wty.

cjecpa 02-07-2013 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by SieGunso (Post 1161948)
check if there's anything (cable,pebble,etc) stuck in the rails. pull the chair forward while pulling up the lock to see if it'll release

Try that did not work. thanks

cjecpa 02-07-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Black3sr (Post 1161985)
Failing that take it to the dealer. It will be covered under the wty.

Made appointment for next week.

Wafulz 02-07-2013 12:14 PM

if u use it alot it will miss up i broke my truck latch already ahahahahhahaahah warranty :)

cjecpa 02-07-2013 12:59 PM

Hope not to have problems car is only 8 months old. Move it up a couple weeks ago to put in a baby seat. Did not try to move it back until the other day. Figure take it to the dealer if something is broken will get it replaced under warranty. Would be kind of disappointed if that was the case ran my Toyota six years and around 130k miles with no problems.

Red 05 02-19-2013 08:31 AM

I had the same thing happen to my driver's seat. Went to move it for my dad to drive, and it was locked in place, left side would lift, right refused to. It never bothered me, so I left it. Fast forward a year or so I'm trying to take a nap in my car on lunch, and had the driver's seat reclined. Shifted my weight and I heard a twang. Out of curiosity I pulled up on the seat adjustment, and it moved freely again. :confused:

cjecpa 02-19-2013 09:04 PM

I took my to the dealer just in case it was broken and still under warranty. Turn out to be a penny and nickel lodged in awkward position that they had to remove the seat. It took about a hour but $45 dollars later it was fixed. Moral of the story do not use the center console to hold change.

BlueCell 02-20-2013 05:00 AM

You already fixed it. Well I was going to say a coin. Recently my dad dropped a coin in his Accord and I basically had to unbolt the seat to take out a quarter bent like a taco.

cjecpa 02-20-2013 10:08 AM

They said that they had never coins wedged like that before even after removal of the seat it took like a hour to get them out. For $45 of labor and winter up here I will not complain.

hondahadafit 03-15-2018 06:57 PM

Same issue with a 2010 Honda Fit

Had the same issue with my 2010 Honda fit. My drivers seat got stuck in position and it was the inner track (farthest from door) that was the problem. I unhooked my battery, waited several minutes and then unbolted the seat so I could tip it back. A few light taps on the track with a hammer dislodged a nickel. I thought I was home free but that wasn't the end of it. Tapped more...nothing. Ended up pulling the entire seat out. The release bar seemed to lift fairly freely on the left side of the seat but the right side of the bar would barely move when pulled up. The tracks are so enclosed it's impossible to see whats happening on the interior of the track. I could just barely see down the track, it looked clear but something clearly wasn't right. I had originally tapped the track with the hammer while the seat was tilted on its back. I decided to try tapping the track while the seat was flipped the other way, resting on it's front edge. Sure enough, a tap or two was all it took to dislodge some sort of screw that was on the track. No idea where it came from or what it is? But my seat works again.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...af1b531987.jpg