Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/)
-   -   YouTube vid of my Fit on the Dragon! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/61023-youtube-vid-my-fit-dragon.html)

Klasse Act 11-30-2010 07:42 PM

YouTube vid of my Fit on the Dragon!

So my buddy finally got around to posting it on YouTube and it was well worth it as it was edited with music and standard and HD footage. The chase car is an S2000 who was on his first trip down to the Dragon. I do wish I had an incar camera in my car too because you could hear the tires "scrubbing" on the road, they never really squealed, well, one time they did but that was because I pushed it hard on purpose "just to see" and also for the fact that I knew the limits of the car very quickly out there. I must say the car was AWESOME out on the Dragon and route 28 a.k.a "Moonshiners" road. The Cherahola Skyway was a different story, the ass end got waaaay too light for my tastes and with an automatic, its a little harder to "bind up" the suspension because the computer wouldn't let me go into 2nd gear when I wanted to, hence another reason why the manual is better. I'm sure the addition of springs will help that out too, not to mention some better rear shocks and perf struts up front, but atleast ones for the rear.

Seriously, who knew 117 hp (+4.53 hp with the K&N typhoon) could be sooo much fun, good thing I upgraded the tires and wheels in time for this run. I feel this was a much needed upgrade, the extra 20mm width of tires and extra 1" width of rim was a much needed/wanted upgrade!

Well enjoy the vid and please post your comments, one way or the other:vtec:

YouTube - Roger's Honda at The Dragon

DonEP3 11-30-2010 07:56 PM

Very nice, looks like so much fun! I love nice curves on women and roads :)

Klasse Act 11-30-2010 08:03 PM

The road is amazing, we'd love to have you out with us Don, we've never had someone come from west of the Mississippi come out with us....yet;)

Try and come out with us, the 2nd weekend of October, that's when our well organized run is every year. The cabins are cheap and we're well taken care of there by the staff, southern hospitality at its best!

ThEvil0nE 11-30-2010 08:12 PM

nice run... looks like tons of fun

Klasse Act 11-30-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE (Post 937056)
nice run... looks like tons of fun

It is and I really hope you and a couple other Chicago guys make it out, I did pretty good this year, got 2 guys from this forum to come on out with us, although one guy sold his Fit before the run but still went. The other guy has a great car but we haven't heard from him since....

ThEvil0nE 11-30-2010 08:45 PM

LOL good that you got 2 from this forum to go. I'll throw the idea to friends and see what happens :D

Klasse Act 11-30-2010 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE (Post 937076)
LOL good that you got 2 from this forum to go. I'll throw the idea to friends and see what happens :D

All are welcome but just to let you know, everyone needs to be cool and level headed while down there, its in everyone's best interest, trust me. Not trying to sound like a prude, boss, dictator, etc but last year we had one guy stop in the middle of the road (no names) and another brought a gun as we found out (another forum). To make a long story short, the guy from the other forum did something he wasn't supposed to do and felt he needed to "defend himself", which he didn't. After these 2 incidents I need to make it even more clear about the kind of run we do down there. That being said, we have a great core of enthusists who go every year and lately, the noobs who were new 3 years ago haven't missed a run since then. There are no hang-ups, so noobs "Fit" right in, trust me:wavey:

This video should let everyone know how much fun can be had while down there, but remember, cars always look slower out there while on video, even an incar vid looks like that but trust me, you get a workout while running the Dragon!

!bungle 11-30-2010 09:29 PM

That's a great vid you got posted there, my only desire is that you could've let the camera linger on that nice shot of the side of your ride when you pulled over at the very end! Let those YouTube browsing peeps see what a sweet Fit you've got...

johnkimble 11-30-2010 10:12 PM

awesome vid! looks fun and that's gorgeous country you got there

High Velocity 12-01-2010 04:13 AM

Looks like a ton of fun!

Hootie 12-01-2010 06:33 AM

Once again, I've got to say those Konig Forwards look mint on your Orange Revolution Fit.

Look like you guys had a blast on that road. I wish we had roads with half the banks and elevation changes around here.

Black3sr 12-01-2010 06:39 AM

Where is this? I would like to Google Earth at least.

Thanks

Klasse Act 12-01-2010 07:45 AM

Thanks for the all props on the road and car, but remember, I didn't shoot the v video and I agree, when we pulled over, more of the profile of the car would've been great for sure!

If you wanna google earth it, I guess you could start with Robinsville N.C. and head NE a bit. The motorcycle resort is called Deal's Gap, that too is in N.C. but its less a quarter mile from the Tenn border.

The country side is spectacular to say the least, it never gets old, trust me, I've been going there since 2003:vtec:

BTW, the guy who shot/edited this vid has one where I'm chasing his S2000, can't wait to see that one too!

Jodele 12-01-2010 10:12 AM

Too much fun!

I did it...I'll do it again next year.

SilverBullet 12-01-2010 10:25 AM

Thats fun and just what the Fit was made for.

waross 12-01-2010 11:27 AM

For those interested go to www.tailofthedragon.com. I Have tamed the dragon on my motorcycle with the pegs scraping several times. The road is awesome and like was said there are other roads in the area to ride or drive on that are about the same. But the dragon takes your concentration all the time. The day I was there last year some guy went down on his bike just behind us and we could hear the crunch. Just keep your eyes to the front.
And I carry a gun everywhere I go......just because of the crazies like you were discussing. LOL

Occam 12-01-2010 01:43 PM

If I find myself stationed back east, this is way up there on my list of roads to ride. I've ridden the "Little Dragon of California" (Highway 49 outside of Mariposa, CA - no, that is not my video). Might even take a car on it just for giggles!

Cali is full of crazy twisty roads like that... videos of Deals Gap show me that being stationed in the southeast again wouldn't be complete riding (and driving) purgatory.

Black3sr 12-01-2010 03:28 PM

Thanks Klasse.

khmaijpz 12-01-2010 04:00 PM

This looks fun. I would do it .. I wouldn't mind driving out to the east to ride that Dragon ! :)

Jodele 12-01-2010 09:04 PM

Here I am on that same day...not a video though...
http://img.scionlane.com/photos/14/1...f6b7d13f8b.jpg