Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/)
-   -   2009 TW Base, suggestions? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/75312-2009-tw-base-suggestions.html)

bonylad 11-17-2012 11:32 AM

2009 TW Base, suggestions?

3 Attachment(s)
09 TW Base. 89K. Only mods are (and I use the term mods loosely here) TPMS system delete, DRL disable, and some wheels.

Its been crappy weather so........kinda dirty.

Attachment 22186

Wheels are XXR 531 Platinums 16 x 8 0 offset I got with some 205/40/16 tires nicely worn with some "stance" wear. Nicely firmed up the handling. But needs more meat.

Attachment 22187

Which leads me here to my biggest issue. Now, I knew what I was getting into, but with the deal I was getting I figured I could overlook the poke........now Im not too sure. It needs lowering and I have some BNIB B&G springs for a GD I may put on. I may wait till I can source some shocks....dunno.

Attachment 22188

Have an offer on the table for some black painted Kosei K1's 15 x 7 38 offset with 195/50/15 tires. May swap him. Only issue is these wheels I have now are mint....literally new...not a scratch on them. Clean. I think I can pull off this look I have now once lowered and throw some OEM splash guards on. Or should I lower with some smaller/lighter Kosei's go for the panda look??

Thoughts?

TheDilweed 11-20-2012 02:50 AM

i like the look of those rims. in addition to that, i personally think that 15's look too small on a ge. do you have a better picture of how much the wheels poke out? i doubt you'd want the mexiflush look lol. 0 offset is pretty damn low so i'm guessing they're poking out a lot. i say slam it on some buddy clubs and camber it so it doesnt stick out of the fender. that's my 2 cents though. i would do that just so that i wouldn't have the mexiflush look.

one this is guaranteed though, and that is your car is begging for a drop. lol

pig_pit 11-20-2012 03:45 PM

Yep. Major fender roll. 3-4in drop. And itll set your car off. At least thats how I would do it. GL.

Wanderer. 11-20-2012 04:27 PM

You're doing way too much with those wheels, too much poke, put stocks back on and sell those, get something with a more reasonable offset.

I like the wheels but the fitment is terrible and unfixable. Unless you want to mount fender flares and cut up your stock fenders :o

lowkeymods 11-20-2012 10:06 PM

It's going to take $2-3k in body/suspension work to make those wheels look right...not impossible, but you could spend money better in other areas of the car.

bonylad 11-25-2012 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 22124

Put these on.................

And trading today for bronze Rota Torque.....16x7 40 offset..........Will post updated pics.

pig_pit 11-25-2012 10:55 AM

I guess I'm the only one who likes slips on the fit.

lowkeymods 11-29-2012 12:52 AM

Nah, the Slips are cool....just not JDM fan boy cool. They look good on the street, just not at a show. You can rock reps, just don't confuse the scenes...

I should know with Konigs....ha!