2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

marmaladedad's 2011 Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I believe, the relay adds more volume to the supertones as well. if free time happens to fall into your lap ..... wanna do a fun test for us all? we'd totally LOVE you for it

test 1 = honk the hella's again, take a decibal reading using X phone + X decibal reading app
test 2 = same as the above, BUT with a hella supplied relay involved in the wiring

Old 10-16-2018, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
I believe, the relay adds more volume to the supertones as well. if free time happens to fall into your lap ..... wanna do a fun test for us all? we'd totally LOVE you for it

test 1 = honk the hella's again, take a decibal reading using X phone + X decibal reading app
test 2 = same as the above, BUT with a hella supplied relay involved in the wiring
If I can find the relay, I will run this test. Normally I keep all parts from an install/removal, but I may have hidden the relay in a secret, safe spot that I will not ever forget about. And I am pretty sure I have forgotten.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:19 PM

Picked up a sweet set of Honda Fit Sport wheels from hondagk5. Went to install them as soon as I got home. I noticed the last time I removed one of the lugnuts, it was hard to loosen and thread on. I attributed it to messed up threads. Today, that same wheel stud/lugnut sheared off. Dangit.

Thankfully, the wheels look great. I know the wheel gap is huge, but I like not scraping like I did in my younger days when I had a DC2 dropped 2.5”.

Old 03-03-2019, 08:56 PM
Looks real nice!

Old 03-04-2019, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Looks real nice!
Thank you!

Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
lookin good!

did you get around to replacing that 1 stud?

Old 03-04-2019, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
lookin good!

did you get around to replacing that 1 stud?
Thank you D!

It just happened yesterday, and my uncle's shop is closed today. Tomorrow it will be rectified.

Old 03-25-2019, 08:00 PM
Could not resist modifying the Fit some more. Picked up a set of H&R spacers (thank you datkidpatrick!) and installed them immediately. I tried to snap pictures at the same angles.

Before spacer

After spacer

Before spacer

After spacer

Old 03-25-2019, 08:02 PM

On a side note, a simple spacer install was made more difficult by my run yesterday....

Running sucks. But at least the hardware is fun.

Last edited by marmaladedad; 03-25-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator
If I may ask, how big of a wheel spacer are you running?

Old 03-26-2019, 09:15 AM
25mm spacers.

Last edited by marmaladedad; 03-26-2019 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:28 AM
wheels lookin good! now just needs a lil drop?......

btw did u ever install your speaker/amp combo? definitely wont fit in my spare tire now, where i was thinking of installing one...but was curious on how it fits under front seats. ive been trying to get use to stock system but sounds so.... empty.

Old 06-20-2019, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by eulogy
wheels lookin good! now just needs a lil drop?......

btw did u ever install your speaker/amp combo? definitely wont fit in my spare tire now, where i was thinking of installing one...but was curious on how it fits under front seats. ive been trying to get use to stock system but sounds so.... empty.
Thank you! I am tempted to lower the car, but with the hitch and bike rack in the back, I would prefer not to scrape. As it sits, I can hit most speed bumps and dips at speed and not worry about scraping anything.

I installed the Kenwood sub/amp underneath the driver's seat. It sits there perfectly, almost as if it were designed for that space. The only downside is that when you turn the bass up on the controller, you can really feel it through the seat bottom. I may yet move it to the front passenger's seat.

Old 06-21-2019, 10:35 AM
drop wise...i have my fit on max drop with the tein coilovers...almost never scrape. they did a good job of tucking everything flush under our cars. unless u have an aftermarket H brace installed. if your hitch hangs lower than that i suppose it would be a problem after all. i clear my speedbumps cleanly as is. i wanted to get the Cusco h brace but im pretty sure it will introduce problems

and as for hitting speedbumps full on...lol...be careful...i did that on some baby ones in my townhome community daily...and the speedbumps had the last laugh as after about a year of that i needed new shocks. lol

so do u like the sound of the sub? i replaced my rear door speakers w the ones u did. i didnt notice much improvement in sound either....aside from the popping i was getting from one of them dying.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:49 PM
drop wise...i have my fit on max drop with the tein coilovers...almost never scrape. they did a good job of tucking everything flush under our cars. unless u have an aftermarket H brace installed. if your hitch hangs lower than that i suppose it would be a problem after all. i clear my speedbumps cleanly as is. i wanted to get the Cusco h brace but im pretty sure it will introduce problems

and as for hitting speedbumps full on...lol...be careful...i did that on some baby ones in my townhome community daily...and the speedbumps had the last laugh as after about a year of that i needed new shocks. lol

so do u like the sound of the sub? i replaced my rear door speakers w the ones u did. i didnt notice much improvement in sound either....aside from the popping i was getting from one of them dying.
I have a set of stock shocks/struts that are waiting to go on the car, so I guess I am purposely trying to wear out the current ones. My biggest concern is the scraping of the bike rack on big dips, as it extends a decent amount behind the hitch.I would not care as much if the hitch were to be scratched; the bike and rack are worth more.

I do enjoy the sub. In the end, it ticks every box that I wanted - inexpensive, easy to install/hide, not too "boomy," and inexpensive (you know I am cheap when I mention this twice!). If you are looking for just a little bit more filler down low, then this is the ticket for you.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:17 AM
i feel you on the bike stuff. i still have been putting off getting some clips for my yakima roof rack. wish they werent so expensive. ive had notifications on my ebay and craigslist for them though...hoping a deal comes through eventually. i do need to get some rides in regardless though.

im leaning towards that same sub...thanks for the recommendation. just need a little bit more low end to balance things out over the stock configuration.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
I do enjoy the sub. In the end, it ticks every box that I wanted - inexpensive, easy to install/hide, not too "boomy," and inexpensive (you know I am cheap when I mention this twice!). If you are looking for just a little bit more filler down low, then this is the ticket for you.
I have that KSC sub in my GK and agree with your assessment. When I was going for my cheap audio upgrade, just replacing the stock speakers wasn't enough to introduce bass. Once I added the KSC, everything came together. Grand total spent, $0.00 = used credit card points to fund total audio replacement

Old 06-24-2019, 10:13 AM
i feel you on the bike stuff. i still have been putting off getting some clips for my yakima roof rack. wish they werent so expensive. ive had notifications on my ebay and craigslist for them though...hoping a deal comes through eventually. i do need to get some rides in regardless though.

im leaning towards that same sub...thanks for the recommendation. just need a little bit more low end to balance things out over the stock configuration.
It seems to me that whichever Yakima clip I need is the one that is never on sale. IIRC, there is a roof rack for sale on FF.net. I do not know if he would be willing to part with just the clips, but you never know. At worst, fold down the rear seats and toss that bike in the rear.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I have that KSC sub in my GK and agree with your assessment. When I was going for my cheap audio upgrade, just replacing the stock speakers wasn't enough to introduce bass. Once I added the KSC, everything came together. Grand total spent, $0.00 = used credit card points to fund total audio replacement
I need to use my points, too! My wife has been wanting to go on vacation - maybe I can use the points to send her and the kids somewhere.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:10 PM

Ripped out the original headunit. Put in a new Sony unit with a Metra kit from Crutchfield. Have not had a chance to take a picture of the completed install yet though. A buddy of mine is borrowing the Fit for a few days.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by marmaladedad

On a side note, a simple spacer install was made more difficult by my run yesterday....

Running sucks. But at least the hardware is fun.

I coulda sworn I saw on the news not too long ago, someone was caught cheating the marathon.... then a few days later.... found dead

is there like, some sort of marathon mafia, that "take care of" those who cheat?

Quick Reply: marmaladedad's 2011 Honda Fit