2nd Generation GE8 Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Kevin's GE8

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 09:15 AM
Hi!
Welcome back!
Nice car!
wish mine was manual...but I guess that can hold off till I get a second "project car"...which hopefully is something Japanese vintage!

Old 01-24-2019, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by USDM
Noooot necessarily...

Look at BMW ALPINA's GE8 for example.
Yeah he's put a lot of effort and $$$ into his ride and its uniqueness shows.

Old 01-24-2019, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by eulogy
Hi!
Welcome back!
Nice car!
wish mine was manual...but I guess that can hold off till I get a second "project car"...which hopefully is something Japanese vintage!
Hey, thank you! The manual bit was unintentional. I was actually looking for an A/T car, but I ended up finding this.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator
Had the Progress 19mm rear anti-sway bar powder-coated in gloss white.

Progress 19mm rear anti-sway bar installed.

Here's another view of the Progress 19mm rear anti-sway bar installed.

I also purchased an OEM cargo tray...

And cargo organizer!

Old 01-26-2019, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Forgot to mention these!

Old 01-26-2019, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Those are purdy!!

That progress sway bar looks nice in white!!!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by GolNat
Those are purdy!!

That progress sway bar looks nice in white!!!
Thank you; I thought it was a nice touch!

Old 01-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Your undersides and insides are so clean!

Old 01-28-2019, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by marmaladedad
Your undersides and insides are so clean!
Thank you! I bought the cargo tray and cargo organizer to help keep it that way!

Did you ever get around to installing your Beatrush front performance bar?

Old 01-28-2019, 02:34 PM
Thank you! I bought the cargo tray and cargo organizer to help keep it that way!

Did you ever get around to installing your Beatrush front performance bar?
I almost did. I had just finished installing my rear sway bar and was going to do the front bar next, but had to bring my kid to basketball practice (last minute schedule change). C'est la vie!

To be honest, I am not completely blown away by the RSB. I can feel the difference - my rear end does not wander as much during lane-changes and canyon-carving. But it is not the amazing game-changer that I had thought it would be. Nor should it be, but given the amount of positive feedback ("Should be your first mod" and the like), I expected much more.

How are you liking your RSB? I could never keep my interior as clean as yours - between cycling and running gear, kids' basketball equipment, and general day-to-day things, I am amazed I can squeeze the family in there.

Old 01-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
I almost did. I had just finished installing my rear sway bar and was going to do the front bar next, but had to bring my kid to basketball practice (last minute schedule change). C'est la vie!

To be honest, I am not completely blown away by the RSB. I can feel the difference - my rear end does not wander as much during lane-changes and canyon-carving. But it is not the amazing game-changer that I had thought it would be. Nor should it be, but given the amount of positive feedback ("Should be your first mod" and the like), I expected much more.

How are you liking your RSB? I could never keep my interior as clean as yours - between cycling and running gear, kids' basketball equipment, and general day-to-day things, I am amazed I can squeeze the family in there.
You beat me to the punch on that thing! I saw the listing, but I was too late, haha. C'est la vie indeed! :P

I had the same bar on my GK5 and I loved it. It was the first mod I did and it happened only two weeks into ownership of the car. I immediately noticed an improvement in ease of rotating the back end of the car. I'm really sensitive to these types of stuff, so it was a noticeable change for me with no drawbacks. Some people have reported increased NVH, but that was not the case for me.

My favorite mod done to my GK5 was upgrading the tires. No other mod done to the car made as drastic of a change as upgrading the tires did.

As for my interior, I try to keep things neat and organized. It's only me, myself, and I in my car 99% of the time, so that helps keep it clean as well.

Last edited by USDM; 01-28-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:06 PM
You beat me to the punch on that thing! I saw the listing, but I was too late, haha. C'est la vie indeed! :P

I had the same bar on my GK5 and I loved it. It was the first mod I did and it happened only two weeks into ownership of the car. I immediately noticed an improvement in ease of rotating the back end of the car. I'm really sensitive to these types of stuff, so it was a noticeable change for me with no drawbacks. Some people have reported increased NVH, but that was not the case for me.

My favorite mod done to my GK5 was upgrading the tires. No other mod done to the car made as drastic of a change as upgrading the tires did.

As for my interior, I try to keep things neat and organized. It's only me, myself, and I in my car 99% of the time, so that helps keep it clean as well.
Tires, along with an alignment, might be coming sooner than I would want - I just noticed some odd wear on one of my rear tires (outside tread).

What else have you planned for your car?

Old 01-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Tires, along with an alignment, might be coming sooner than I would want - I just noticed some odd wear on one of my rear tires (outside tread).

What else have you planned for your car?
The rear tires can wear funny due to the "fixed" alignment setup out back. I've seen a 100% stock GK5 with rear tire wear that looked like the owner had lowered the car 4" and never had it aligned. Apparently, this is normal because of the torsion beam..

I don't think there's much you can do about it without loosening the rear beam and shifting it around on an alignment rack.

As for future plans, I'm not sure yet. I'm still doing research and learning about this car, but I have some things in mind.

Old 01-30-2019, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
hes gonna k swap it

I can see the future

Old 01-30-2019, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
hes gonna k swap it

I can see the future
You're buying the engine and swap kit for me, yes?

Old 01-31-2019, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
As for future plans, I'm not sure yet. I'm still doing research and learning about this car, but I have some things in mind.
If you're planning to tune it someday, I'll be selling my Ktuner v.1.2 as soon as I can unlock it from my ECU. Ktuner is still working on software that'll allow unlocking from my unsupported ECU.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by hotkey
If you're planning to tune it someday, I'll be selling my Ktuner v.1.2 as soon as I can unlock it from my ECU. Ktuner is still working on software that'll allow unlocking from my unsupported ECU.
I appreciate the offer, hotkey! Factory engine will remain stock on this one though.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator
On today's episode of bad financial decisions...

Beatrush front performance bar:

JDM taillights:

Annnnd I had my Monroney sticker laminated:

Old 02-04-2019, 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
Attended the #GRIDLIFE TrackBattle Brackets: Streets Special event today! The event was held at Streets of Willow and race configuration was CCW.

Here I am parked behind my buddy, Michael, who took home third place in the "Street Modified" class! Great driving out there, Michael!

Came across this extremely unassuming FX35 as well...keep scrolling for a surprise!

GT-R wheels and StopTech brakes...why would this car need these? Keep scrolling!

Yes, you are seeing that correctly!

Brandon, in the MR-S, preparing to go out and race!

This 240SX was putting on quite the show going into turns 1 and 2; very fun to watch!

Had the pleasure of meeting, and chatting with, Ryan Passey! Very friendly guy with a super fast Miata!

Check out those 245/40ZR15 Hoosiers and side-exit exhaust! This thing means business!

Amazing clouds!

Old 02-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Congrats.

GE8 and S2000 is a good combo when you find one.

Shameless plug.

So jealous!

Quick Reply: Kevin's GE8