Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Review my current alignment spec... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/67072-review-my-current-alignment-spec.html)

roguenode 08-25-2011 07:20 PM

Review my current alignment spec...

My car's on Swift springs. I recently got 17x7 +42 rims with 205/45/17 tires. No rubbing in the rear, but I am rubbing a bit on hard bumps in the front. Presently, I'm getting along fine by slowing on rough roads, avoiding potholes, standard take care of your ride stuff. However, I'm wondering if some alignment/camber adjustment might give me more breathing room before rubbing.

I had an alignment done after the springs, but before the new rims. The pic below shows the post-alignment spec. Now, I know very little about this stuff, so I'm not sure the spec below is even good, let alone if there's room for improvement that might help my rubbing in front without notable adverse side-effects.

Could some negative camber be added in the front to help the rubbing on the stock parts? Would camber bolts be better? Any other things worth asking for if I take it to a shop for some fine tuning?

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-M.../alignment.jpg

Wanderer. 08-25-2011 11:42 PM

Add camber in the front. I do not know the max camber you can get OEM suspension components on the Fit though, someone else can chime in on this i'm sure.

Everything else looks fine to me.

roguenode 08-26-2011 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1026822)
Add camber in the front. I do not know the max camber you can get OEM suspension components on the Fit though, someone else can chime in on this i'm sure.

Everything else looks fine to me.

I took the car by an alignment shop this morning, they put it on a lift and the mech said he may be able to get it dialed in on the oem setup, but even if it's not enough, he'd have to charge me. Or, I could buy some camber bolts, put 'em in, and stop by to have him adjust it then, and it would be right for sure. My choice.

He's not trying to sell me the bolts, so I'm thinking this might be decent advice. Looking on eBay now for SPC's.

Thanks for the advice and feedback on the rest of the alignment spec Wanderer.

The BOM 08-28-2011 05:38 PM

I don't trust camber bolts for anything other than commuting. I had bolts for 3 weeks and they moved twice on me after/during track events. They were tight, so nobody try and be a wise-a$$. If you're hard on your car, then i'd go a different route.

$.02 :wavey:

Edit: Your alignment specs look a-ok. You'll be lucky to get -.3* camber on oem components. I'm lowered on bilstein PSS coilovers and i'm at about -1.0* camber.

roguenode 08-28-2011 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by The BOM (Post 1027535)
I don't trust camber bolts for anything other than commuting. I had bolts for 3 weeks and they moved twice on me after/during track events. They were tight, so nobody try and be a wise-a$$. If you're hard on your car, then i'd go a different route.

$.02 :wavey:

Edit: Your alignment specs look a-ok. You'll be lucky to get -.3* camber on oem components. I'm lowered on bilstein PSS coilovers and i'm at about -1.0* camber.

Thanks for the warning. I drive it pretty easy most of the time. Without the bolts, it's rubbing maybe twice a week either when I hit a big bump I didn't know about or am driving more aggressive than normal on a rough road. This is my daily driver that will not see a track and only be driven aggro occasionally and for a short stints here and there, so I'd like to think the bolts will stay set.

This upcoming week I'll be installing them and getting the camber added. If that helps with the rubbing I'll have to see how the bolts hold up.

Anything I can do for the install that will allow them to be adjusted, but help keep them from slipping over time?

Wanderer. 08-28-2011 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by roguenode (Post 1027546)
Anything I can do for the install that will allow them to be adjusted, but help keep them from slipping over time?

Loc-tite might help? I think the forces involved might be a little too strong to make a difference. Just throwing it out there.

blackvitzrs 09-01-2011 03:17 AM

I've got SPC camber bolts and I'm running max camber at -2 degrees.
I have 205 40 offset on a 7 inch rim. I would still rub on big dibs on the road. Other than that it is fine.