Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Ground Control (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/69006-ground-control.html)

bunz559 12-08-2011 02:21 AM

Ground Control

Does anyone have any experience with Ground Control coilovers? I was looking into ways to lower the GE8 Fit without having to purchase complete coilovers or purchasing springs.

I am not looking for performance, so there is no reason to spend a grand on performance coilovers. In addition, lowering springs do not have the ability to adjust and often lower the car too low.

I am looking to lower the vehicle about an inch with the option of raising the vehicle when ever needed/wanted without uninstalling the entire suspension consonants. The question is, is anyone using the Groundcontrol coilovers? Or if not, does anyone know if they make it for the GE8?

I have checked the website but the description does not say which model it is applicable to. I have emailed, but thought I'd ask here as well while I am waiting on a response.

Thanks!:)

Bthasht 12-09-2011 08:58 AM

Ground control are great, but they do not work on a fit. They do sell them, however on our rear shocks they have nothing to sit on. So they cannot be used in rear. No coil over sleeve will work for our foot rear.

bunz559 12-09-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bthasht (Post 1055549)
Ground control are great, but they do not work on a fit. They do sell them, however on our rear shocks they have nothing to sit on. So they cannot be used in rear. No coil over sleeve will work for our foot rear.

got ya. that sucks then! i appreciate the input. :wavey:

supremeXorio 01-23-2012 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bthasht (Post 1055549)

I have searches around and have seen threads where people say they have GC sleeves for their fit. So for the gd and ge the rears can not be installed?Wonder how everyone lowered their bak end???

bunz559 01-23-2012 12:21 PM

Good question, can anyone confirm this? There must be a way if they offer coilovers for the gd, no?

supremeXorio 01-27-2012 05:53 AM

bump anyone?

solbrothers 01-27-2012 08:26 PM

have you contacted them? I'm sure they would know the answer to whether they make or don't make a product by their own company

supremeXorio 01-27-2012 09:12 PM

I'm sure their response would be like "ya it'll work " and than maybe it wouldn't... Why would member say it didn't. I want to know some one who has them. I once bought buddy club ball joints for my 06 dc5 just to find out they don't work and needed custom work done. But when I called buddy club they were just like"ohh it works"but it just so happened that my local machine shops and mechanics couldn't do it.

solbrothers 01-27-2012 09:46 PM

Why would they lie?

eurobeaner 01-27-2012 10:26 PM

They make them. The question lies with, who has them, and how are the aluminum adjuster parts fixed to our stock spring base? What bthasht is saying, no coilover period will work in the rear.... But I'm pretty sure every coilover made for us works this way, by replacing the rear shock, and putting the aluminum adjuster and spring on the stock spring perch

supremeXorio 01-28-2012 02:22 AM

Soooo the ground control sleeves would work.? Lol

space egg 08-27-2015 01:03 AM

thinking about getting these. any comments anyone?