Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Air Shock GE8 info needed. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/72157-air-shock-ge8-info-needed.html)

DaveFL 05-24-2012 09:00 PM

Air Shock GE8 info needed.

Found on this forum the Monroe Air shocks 793 for the rear, does anyone have a part number to match the oem front shock to convert to air shock.
Might be a solution for the passenger side sag, and to raise level above parking lot bump stops. :confused:

Goobers 05-24-2012 09:08 PM

How about an alternate solution....

Swap springs from left to right to "even out" the sag.

And the Fit is so short, that you simply don't have to pull as far forward as most other cars.

There have been plenty of times where the adjact vehicles have pulled up until their front tires are on the stops... and their rear ends STILL block any view of my Fit.

Triskelion 05-24-2012 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by DaveFL (Post 1102148)
Found on this forum the Monroe Air shocks 793 for the rear, does anyone have a part number to match the oem front shock to convert to air shock.
Might be a solution for the passenger side sag, and to raise level above parking lot bump stops. :confused:

The Monroe Air Shocks that were discussed on the forums were not actually MADE fot the 2009+ Fit. they were made for a much older model Chevrolet small station wagon. They were used on the GE Fits simply because their stroke length was similar to stock Fit shocks, and the top and bottom mounts were close enough to work on the Fit with some slight modifications.

These shocks absolutely would not work to replace the fromt struts.

Suggest that you follow the above post. If you really want to spend money, you might consider adjustable coilovers for the front.

DaveFL 05-25-2012 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Triskelion (Post 1102187)
The Monroe Air Shocks that were discussed on the forums were not actually MADE fot the 2009+ Fit. they were made for a much older model Chevrolet small station wagon. They were used on the GE Fits simply because their stroke length was similar to stock Fit shocks, and the top and bottom mounts were close enough to work on the Fit with some slight modifications.

These shocks absolutely would not work to replace the fromt struts.

Exactly, but restating my question "has anybody found one made for some other brand that would fit the 09-12 Fit Sport, size, configuration and modifiable as easy as the Monroe.
Found Monroes for the rear at 50 including shipping at Amazon, coilovers are a 6-10X that and I am not interested in lowering or racing my Fit.

Triskelion 05-25-2012 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by DaveFL (Post 1102194)
Exactly, but restating my question "has anybody found one made for some other brand that would fit the 09-12 Fit Sport, size, configuration and modifiable as easy as the Monroe.
Found Monroes for the rear at 50 including shipping at Amazon, coilovers are a 6-10X that and I am not interested in lowering or racing my Fit.

You obviously do not uderstand the difference between the McPherson struts and shock absorbers, and do not understand the design and layout of the front suspension of the Fit. If you did understand those things, you would be embarrassed by your own question. What you want is not possible based on the design of Monroe shock absorbers. The Fit's struts have inegral springs that sit on top of the strut to provide, guess what? -- suspension. The combined spring/shock absorber are mounted INSIDE of a tubular "strut tower". There is no room inside the strut tower for the air bag and air hose connection on air shocks, and air shocks have no springs. Shock absorbers absorb shock. Struts provide suspension by providing up and down travel of the front axles and cushion sharp changes in the terrain surface.

I am trying to be polite here, but your question is a little like asking "how close to the edge of the earth can I sail before falling off?". You seem to be missing some BASIC knowledge.

DaveFL 05-25-2012 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Triskelion (Post 1102249)
I am trying to be polite here, but your question is a little like asking "how close to the edge of the earth can I sail before falling off?". You seem to be missing some BASIC knowledge.

Thanks, exactly the info I needed. Polite it is, no denying, knowledge I needed. :)

NIGHTHAWKSI 05-25-2012 11:39 AM

this is what your looking for. im sure not at the price range you wanted though.
Ksport Airtech Air Suspension System - Basic HONDA FIT 2009 - 2011 CHD270-ABA

good luck.

DaveFL 05-25-2012 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI (Post 1102258)
this is what your looking for. im sure not at the price range you wanted though.
Ksport Airtech Air Suspension System - Basic HONDA FIT 2009 - 2011 CHD270-ABA

good luck.

Right product but you are right, wrong price.