Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Coilover help. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/78999-coilover-help.html)

azzi1990 07-23-2013 04:30 PM

Coilover help.

Hi all, Im from the UK and I've just bought a 2010 Honda Jazz 1.4 GE3. I've been trying to look through this site for useful information about coilovers for the Jazz and it proves to be impossible so much not relevant stuff is popping up. It seems more differcult to find part for my Jazz than it did for my JDM Honda CRX Del Sol. Only thing I can find about coilovers for the jazz are H&K Coilovers + Buddy Club but there abit out of my budget. I'm looking to spend around £500. Any help on other coilovers? Im just looking for Stance coilovers.

Wanderer. 07-23-2013 05:11 PM

2010 GE3? Do you mean GE6? That might be part of your problem. GE3 were first gen late models (2007).

You'll probably have more luck searching GE8 coilovers through Google for information from here and for products as well.

azzi1990 07-24-2013 11:37 AM

Explains why I haven had much luck finding anything. Does anyone recommend any certain coilovers? Most likely get buddy club and take helpers out for the stance. Only thing I'm not sure of there quailty

13fit 07-24-2013 04:01 PM

Dont cheap out on coilovers

Bilstein, Tein, Buddyclub, the upper models of K sports, to name a few of the great coilover offerings

TPColgett 07-24-2013 04:06 PM

^ This. You get what you pay for.

Originally Posted by azzi1990 (Post 1193973)
Most likely get buddy club and take helpers out for the stance.

If your just going to "slam" the car.... be prepared for a harsh ride and parts to where out quickly.

I just recently saw a set of GE Buddy club coils that had been run SO LOW that the rear struts we blown in something like 8500 miles...

azzi1990 07-24-2013 04:14 PM

Yeah I agree. I am looking at either tein or buddyclubs coilovers. Im used to sump scrapping and the harsh ride due to my previous cars have been on coilovers and helpers removed. There not alot info I coukd dig up about coilovers for jazz but I guess its just a fit so have order from us or japan for parts. Uk market doesnt have alot of jdm parts for GE jazzs.

TPColgett 07-24-2013 04:23 PM

Not sure what you mean by helpers either... If you mean "helper springs," I don't think there are any on the GE Fit coilover kit's from the brands you mention. I have helped install/ adjsut both Buddy Club and Tiens as well. The Buddy club is a VERY stiff coilover and has a LOT of adjustment in height at the front, not so much the rear. The Tiens I would call a more "civilized" setup as far as ride and feel, but they wont put the car as low. Either one will get you low enough to rub tires, so think about getting some simple camber bolts to get more negative camber in the front :D

azzi1990 07-24-2013 04:48 PM

Yeah I ment helper springs. Hmm well ill just have to buy and see. Also do buddy club do front and rear camber arms for jazz? I had some for my del sol and found them the best to use.

Wanderer. 07-24-2013 05:02 PM

So you're trying to slam the car?

You can look into BC Racing, they're around your price range and have facilities and sellers in the UK and can go decently low. There's a few people on here who have had them and liked them.

Just another option to consider.

TPColgett 07-24-2013 05:36 PM

Good suggestion from Wanderer actually with the BC Racing.

No such thing as a camber arm for the Jazz/Fit due to the suspension layout. The GE model cars are NOT adjustable in the rear as the rear stub axle is welded to the torsion beam. The front can be easily adjusted with camber bolts. Moog, Eibach, SPC and tons of other folks make "14mm camber bolts." Try to find a place that specifies your car when you order, but any brand should work.

azzi1990 07-25-2013 05:57 PM

Ah guess its the old washer trick then. Also what width wheel max can you fit under the arches? 8j front and 9j rear 16inch on streched tyres with et35?

TPColgett 07-25-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by azzi1990 (Post 1194275)
Ah guess its the old washer trick then. Also what width wheel max can you fit under the arches? 8j front and 9j rear 16inch on streched tyres with et35?

Washer trick wont work in the rear... the axle is WELDED in place...

Take a look at some of the wheel threads on here, lower off sets have been used. Not many people have gone 9j I dont think though.

mike410b 07-25-2013 06:02 PM

I wouldn't mess with BC/Tein/KSport/etc.

If you want to go low without sacrificing all handling/comfort, you want HKS.

azzi1990 07-25-2013 06:07 PM

Washers behind the rear discs. My jazz a weekend car as I have company vehicle.

TPColgett 07-25-2013 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by azzi1990 (Post 1194279)
Washers behind the rear discs. My jazz a weekend car as I have company vehicle.

Your car has rear disks? In the US that is not an option. If you take apart the rear brakes to see the stub axle mounting, it would be very interesting to see pictures. On US cars, we only get drum brake rears, and for the 2009+ cars the stub axle is welded in place so rear camber adjustment isn't possible via a washer trick.