2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

FastBrakes drum to disk conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
not available anymore is it

Old 05-12-2017, 01:33 AM
Where did you pick up the caliper bracket? Do you have a link for it.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Available again

Yay. For those of you who are interested. Looks like this kit is available again from fastbrakes.com. 1st and 2nd gen

Fastbrakes Honda Fit rear drum to 11" disc conversion big brake kit

Old 08-18-2018, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
I have the urge to do this now.

I already swapped out my front brakes for some Wilwoods DPHA calipers (on EBC BSD850 stock sized rotors) and I was thinking that, if I do the rear swap to disc, I'd like them to match the front (at least in looks). Or if possible, I'd move the front calipers to the back and then do a big brake kit on front (since the FB kit makes the rear bigger than the stock sized front).

Old 08-18-2018, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know the details, but I can tell you that FastBrakes did a run of the adapter plates needed to mount rear discs to the GD for their own car. Those plates may also work on the GE.

Found that out after I bought adapter plates from ScareBird.

Brian is a good guy. Probably worth shooting him an email if you're interested.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
Man, what is the turnaround time for orders from FastBrakes?

Old 08-28-2018, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Man, what is the turnaround time for orders from FastBrakes?
It took several months for me to get the brackets from Scarebird and then a couple of months to get brake lines from FastBrakes. I've been waiting for the release of the parking brake cable bracket from FB for over a year.

It's not easy for them to supply parts for forgotten platforms and it's not easy for us to wait an eternity.

Old 08-28-2018, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
A couple of months?!

Oh man... I thought they had the parts on hand, since it doesn't say anything about being special order or back ordered.

Sigh, I guess I'll just do my front brake job in the mean time. I was planning on remedying my front brake issue and do the rear swap at the same time so I could also replace the brake fluid just one time.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I'll briefly mention the front brake issue here too. Swapped rotors, kept OEM calipers. Pads left ridge/lip on rotor. Swapped calipers, but new pads sat on the ridge. Cheap/lazy, did not get ridge machined out. Ridge plus pad meant uneven contact and partial overheating without ability to lock up wheels at all or trigger the ABS. Conclusion due to both rotors only partially turning blue closer to the rotor hat but not near the ridge.

That out of the way, I decided because of that, I might as well go for the big brakes for the front (urgh, only had the Wilwood DHPA for a year or so), "so that I only need to do the brake fluid once, since I was going to do the rears anyway." HAH... If I had known the rears would (possibly) be a few months out, I would just gotten new rotors and pads. And if I had known before placing the order, I probably wouldn't have put the order, since it was more of a "form" than "function" purchase. What an expensive decision that was...

Old 08-28-2018, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
I already swapped out my front brakes for some Wilwoods DPHA calipers (on EBC BSD850 stock sized rotors) and I was thinking that, if I do the rear swap to disc, I'd like them to match the front (at least in looks).
Wilwood's in the rear, that is the mission. anyone know, if this has ever been successfully done in the past?

Old 08-28-2018, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
Wilwood's in the rear, that is the mission. anyone know, if this has ever been successfully done in the past?
I keep wanting to do it (like to make use of the DPHA I'll have left over)... but then keep remembering, most Wilwoods are just calipers for braking, not the e-brake. Wilwood does make a combination brake, but aside from the look of it, it's still a single piston caliper, no different from the one in the kit. Another option is to use a non-combination caliper for braking and a separate caliper for parking.

In either case, you'll need the correct adapter plate. Maybe the adapter plate used for the FB rear swap will work for the combo brake (unlikely, since Wilwood doesn't have any kits for RSX's rear that the FB caliper is supposedly from), but definitely not for the two caliper setup.

@evilchargerfan, since you posted a GK thread, I'm assuming you have a GK. For you, you have another option... don't recall if I saw the topic here on FF or just google result, there's a combo brake swap for the GK. It has drum-in-disc setup for disc braking and drum parking. But then you'd still need to match up the mount on the adapter for a Wilwood caliper. This option also means it's harder to replace the rotors when the time comes as it's not very common.

PS, the BBK is here after a mere 3 days from ordering... can't do the install until I get the brake lines the kit requires (why can't it just use a damn banjo like everything else?!?). And unfortunately, I just ordered it last night. *sigh*

update: to avoid double posting, I'll just add it here. I got a response from FB saying they should get all the parts by Friday. I'll probably still do the front separately as I can't afford to have the car down too long, I need it for work. Going over the GD's "how-to" do the swap, it seems like it'll take me the better part of a day at least just for that.

Oh, after some more googling, I have found that there is both drum-in-disc setup for Wilwood kits (maybe only certain makes/models of cars? one example) AND at least one result of a 4 pot Wilwood with e-brake. It has the e-brake cable directly pinch the two pads onto the disc (example example). It's also possible that Wilwood decided to discontinue them, as you can't find those options on Wilwood's site.

Last edited by Goobers; 08-29-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:45 AM
I just messaged fastbrake to see if they think the kit would work on the third gen. I may also just borrow my gf's first gen and compare it to my GK.