2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

New to GE, I want stiffer suspension, but little drop

Old 08-21-2014, 12:39 AM
New to GE, I want stiffer suspension, but little drop

I had a GD, but it was totaled. I found a 2010 GE8 at a good price and like it a lot.

As with the Gd3, I wish my GE8 suspension was slightly stiffer, but I'm not really interested in lowering much or at all.

Swift springs seem to be the consensus on the forum as slightly stiffer than stock and well performing.
Why does swift make the front spring stiffer than the rear? Makes it less twitchy ?

Has anyone added a 1/2 in spacer to keep the springs from lowering the ride height? On front or rear?

I was planning on swift springs, the koni orange shocks up front and the redshift yellows in the rear. Not sure if the progress rsb will make a difference with GE or not, it made a huge difference with gd3.
Thanks.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Floydvoid
I had a GD, but it was totaled. I found a 2010 GE8 at a good price and like it a lot.

As with the Gd3, I wish my GE8 suspension was slightly stiffer, but I'm not really interested in lowering much or at all.

Swift springs seem to be the consensus on the forum as slightly stiffer than stock and well performing.
Why does swift make the front spring stiffer than the rear? Makes it less twitchy ?

Has anyone added a 1/2 in spacer to keep the springs from lowering the ride height? On front or rear?

I was planning on swift springs, the koni orange shocks up front and the redshift yellows in the rear. Not sure if the progress rsb will make a difference with GE or not, it made a huge difference with gd3.
Thanks.
Because that easy to answer if you think about it. more weight up front than the rear.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 AM
So with the GD3, all the springs increase the rear spring rate, as I have gathered, to increase the oversteer of the vehicle. For most of the springs for the GE8 the balance is swapped, the spring rate is made higher in the front than the rear, with an increase over the stock in both.
I was reading that stock had a lower spring rate in the front than the rear something like 95lbs for front and 120lbs for rear.

Does the R&D show that changing the steering balance in the GE8 in this way make for better handling?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
It must, or Swift would not have done it.

Swift does significant R&D before putting anything to market, the only lowering spring in which that occurs.

As for your opposition to lowering the car...~1" is not much to lower a car.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by Floydvoid

Thanks.
I've got the Bilstein PSS coilovers on my '10, along with the progress bar, factory crash bolts on the bottom of the front and camber bolts on top to get camber to around -1.5 degree. I set it just a hair under stock ride height (half inch, tops) on the summer tires. I cranked it up much higher to get ground clearance on my recent adventure up north in Michigan. I'll have it higher over the winter, too. Nice to have that flexibility.

Gigantic improvement over stock. The damping is phenomenal...as good as on my M3 on Koni Yellows and HR springs. It's still a pretty mild setup...the car still won't rotate on me unless I'm very deliberate about it or start monkeying with tire pressure a lot.

The rear bar is a must, depending on what you're looking for. Much bigger deal than the coilovers in terms of overall balance.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:17 AM
I am subscribing to this thread and also would like to share that there is Fortune-Auto who is offering a set of coilovers for our cars. They use the same technology as Bilstein and offer some of the "must-have" features as basic.

That's the route I am going to take next summer :-)