2nd Generation GE8 Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 2nd generation Honda Fit (GE8)

hawk hps 5.0 vs oem or akebono

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:35 AM
hawk hps 5.0 vs oem or akebono

hey guys looing to upgrade my front brakes to summtin with a little bit better feel and bite, i dont track the at all and dont plan to either, i am a lil heavy on the brakes,i was never happy with the stock brakes, my only experience over the years are wagner TQ and akebono, juss wondering if their some other good options,

Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ASHNED1215
hey guys looing to upgrade my front brakes to summtin with a little bit better feel and bite, i dont track the at all and dont plan to either, i am a lil heavy on the brakes,i was never happy with the stock brakes, my only experience over the years are wagner TQ and akebono, juss wondering if their some other good options,

I've run Hawk HP+ and Hawk HPS, but never the newer Hawk 5.0 I'll never buy Hawk pads again. HP+ stopped well but had tons of dust and unbearable squeal. HPS didn't really stop the car any better than OEM, were more dusty, but I guess on a plus didn't fade. These were on a car that I daily drove and autocross.

On my current autocross car, I have Carbotech AX6. They are their autocross only pad. VERY DUSTY, but no squeal. VERY high initial bite almost too much. Carbotech 1521 is their daily pad which might be better suited for your needs? Unfortunately I don't have any experience with the 1521.

Being a Fit, I think the biggest issue is going to be finding companies that actually make a performance pad for it? It's the whole return on investment thing. It's not a performance car and the average buyer is cheap. Most probably buy the cheapest white box stuff at their favorite discount auto parts store or whatever has lifetime replacement.

With all that said, you might want to see if Project Mu has pads? Japanese company so I'm thinking the odds are better? I know a couple guys who use them on their autocross cars. They seem to be happy, but I've never driven their car to compare