Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation GE8 Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-wheel-tire-sub-forum/)
-   -   Continental DW's? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge8-specific-wheel-tire-sub-forum/78978-continental-dws.html)

Codger01 08-11-2013 11:32 PM

OK, 200+ miles on the DW's, impressions so far:
Smooth rolling, better than the Yokohama's.
Very quiet, little or no tread noise.
Am experiencing some tramlining on grooved pavement, and the car is a little squirrely on the grating of the Park St Bridge (drawbridge) going into/out of Alameda Island.
I've scrubbed off the release agents left on the tire tread (sidewalls still an issue, need a stiffer brush than my current wheel/tire brush) so the bridge issue can't be caused by that, probably the thick bands of treadless rubber in the center of the tire.
other than that, I think I am going to be very happy with these. Will see what happens when we get some rain out here (usually late Oct).

Buhrawhaus 08-17-2013 10:06 PM

What are your guys mpg looking like after switching to 205's?

Codger01 08-17-2013 11:05 PM

Generally, going to a larger tire reduces mileage somewhat because the tire is heavier than stock. But there is more to it than that, the rubber compound used is also a big factor.
The DW, being a "high performance summer tire" has a fairly soft & sticky compound for better traction & handling. This means higher friction (which helps the traction/handling) which reduces the mileage even more- also why there is no mileage warranty on the tire. I find it an acceptable trade off.
When I went to the Yokohama's from the stock Dunlops I saw a 1-2 mpg reduction. Waiting for a couple of more tanks of gas to assess what difference the DW is making. My right foot has suddenly become a little heavier because these tires grip so well.:vtec:

kenchan 08-19-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Buhrawhaus (Post 1198041)
What are your guys mpg looking like after switching to 205's?

for me, not much of a difference i could tell. the temperature/humidity and winterized gas we get in the colder months have a much bigger effect than the 185 vs 205 tire resistance. :)

zilla8 08-20-2013 12:54 AM

I ran the DW on my 2011 Mustang and they did really good in the rain and I pushed them pretty hard.I'm running the Kumho Ecsta 4X in 205/50 on my Fit and my mileage did not drop at all.

My tire pressure seems to affect mpg's more then anything else.I increased to 36psi cold and saw a 1-2mpg increase from 32-33 psi cold

C-Web 06-06-2014 05:43 PM

Just got a set of Conti DW's on my GE today. What tire pressures are you guys running?

iAmFinatic 07-18-2019 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1195702)
I found another thread where someone put 205/55/16 on their Fit so I think I will stick to 205/50/16 DWS.

I run 205/55/16 all around on a 13 fit and have no issues. I’d actually want to run 205/60/16 in the rear but idk if it’ll work . I’m stock height