Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/)
-   -   Sprintex Supercharger? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning-sub-forum/100433-sprintex-supercharger.html)

mnapuran 04-21-2019 02:25 PM

Sprintex Supercharger?

So... any plans or update for Sprintex to have a system for the 3rd gen??

Baldwin Nguyen 04-21-2019 02:38 PM

I'm still looking for one for my GD3...

CeeCab705 04-23-2019 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by mnapuran (Post 1427358)

I'd be all over it.

Myxalplyx 06-09-2019 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mnapuran (Post 1427358)

You could ask Sprintex directly here ----> Sprintex USA
Good luck!

F-It051995 06-12-2019 03:38 AM

That’d be pretty damn legit if they did come out with one for us!

FAT BASTARD 06-14-2019 10:31 AM

Spoke with them yesterday, They do not have this kit for the GK5 yet!

F-It051995 06-14-2019 11:59 AM

Did they sound like they even have a plan to do so for it? It’s been awhile since the gk5 has been out

FAT BASTARD 06-14-2019 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by F-It051995 (Post 1430327)
Did they sound like they even have a plan to do so for it? It’s been awhile since the gk5 has been out

Not at all

F-It051995 06-14-2019 03:37 PM

Bout to plan on piecing a turbo together then I guess. Kinda kills me that they wouldn’t do one for us but that’s cool I guess. The guy I talked to seemed very uninterested as well.

FAT BASTARD 06-14-2019 03:58 PM

Cool. Let me know. I would be very interested!

F-It051995 06-14-2019 04:21 PM

I’ve seen others do it but you have to run a very low amount of boost with the stock internals. I wish I could find the link to the last guy that did it with 7 pounds of boost.

Goobers 06-14-2019 04:34 PM

I find it very unlikely Sprintex would ever build for the Fit ever again.

The reason is, for the GE/2nd gen, they were supposedly sold out with pre-orders and people claiming they would definitely buy their limited initial release.

At the time, I hadn’t ordered one for myself. I decided to try my luck and order one anyway... and got a kit immediately, as it turns out at the same time a bunch of people were dropping their pre-orders and reneging on their “promise” to definitely buy one. I won’t say people were “wrong” for now following through on their promise, but it was pretty funny to just how adamant some folks were about buying it (knowing price and specs beforehand), only to remain silent when the time came. Where as I bought it for the shits and giggles just because I had made a passing comment about being interested about.

So the shop I bought it from ended up with a surplus of kits. And I’m fairly certain other dealers also ended up the same. Then there was an update to the kit (I don’t recall the specifics beyond the piggyback unit) and those showed up on Amazon. I wonder how many of those were first release units with the piggyback swapped as opposed to completely new kits.

Another thing is, when I needed to have my kit rebuilt after it blew a seal, the shop said they stopped carrying it due to defects in the design and that Sprintex wouldn’t listen to them. In this case, I don’t know if other shops are in similar situations or not.

Whatever the case is with the dealers now, from what I’ve mentioned, I would end up shying away as a manufacturer. If I can’t make a profit by the second or third release and/or get good sales or feedback from the initial release, any motivation to continue down this path would dry up pretty quick.

F-It051995 06-14-2019 08:33 PM

Yea it really does suck how that works out sometimes. But all in all it does not shift me away from wanting to do forced induction. I see a lot of potential in the L15. Of course us Fit owners get shot down about anything for this car. I catch flack all the time about doing anything to my car but I don’t pay it any attention. I’m not trying to make it a “sports” car, just a fun daily.

Myxalplyx 06-17-2019 09:01 PM

For you manual trannied guys, you do know you can purchase aftermarket camshafts for your Fit, from Deltacams right? It moved the powerband up further so the CVT folks couldn't take advantage of any power potential that was there. I had custom ones made from Deltacams. And posted up the specs. All the information was there. Heard nothing but crickets afterwards though. :rotfl: Why not go that route since it's available (Maybe not anymore now...I dunno).

silverrose12 06-22-2019 01:48 AM

i have been searching all over the web to see if there is any supercharger for 2015+ fit... but it looks like not in USA at least..

I am not sure about other asia countries where ppl mode fit like crazy (eg japan)

Even thinking about doing custom supercharger but have no clue where to even begin =(

F-It051995 06-22-2019 02:31 AM

That would be an awesome, yet tough project. I wonder if there’s any other companies we could talk into running a supercharger. Lots of brands out there. Kraftwerks was the shit back when I was running k series.

silverrose12 06-22-2019 02:34 AM

i saw that superchargers are "generally" more simple and easier to install than turbo charger..

so i was thinking if i can find small supercharger, i can simple custom make pipes and small pieces...

but then again, i know nothing about mods so =/

GolNat 06-22-2019 03:31 PM

A Rotrex/Paxton style would probably be the easiest supercharger as it looks more like a turbo and is compact. Custom fabricating will be needed like a bracket to hang the supercharger near the accesory belts.

https://www.jegs.com/photos/700/769/769-novi_big.jpg

To have a shop do it would be more investment then the amount of power you would get out of it IMO. Would be one of kind which is really cool.

Myxalplyx 06-22-2019 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by silverrose12 (Post 1430747)
i saw that superchargers are "generally" more simple and easier to install than turbo charger..

so i was thinking if i can find small supercharger, i can simple custom make pipes and small pieces...

but then again, i know nothing about mods so =/

Talk to a shop that does know. Let them get the parts that are needed and have at it.

JDMike78 01-07-2020 09:16 AM

I also feel that part of the problem with adding forced induction to the Fit is the fact that it already starts at 11.5:1 compression. It is hard to add boost to something with higher compression like that.