3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Projector headlight install

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
I just finished my retrofit this weekend. Same setup as the OP.

I also ended up stripping the adjustment on the drivers side, which really sucks because it now needs adjusting so I'll have to take it back out and re-aim it. Once I go back and redo that, I'll be thrilled with the results.

Other than that, it was really easy project, much easier than I planned. I ended up taking the bumper completely off because I also replaced both horns while I was working.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:46 AM
what kind of kid and lens do u buy?

Old 06-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Red face Hyperflash Fix do i need this

Originally Posted by payluder
Which base adapter did have for the V3 led? Im thinking about getting the LEDs.
Hello i use a Honda jazz in India and i wanted to replace the signal bulbs with the vled triton switchbak. please help me my default main headlights are H4 and does this 7440 suits me and should we take this Hyperflash Fix. Please help me because i'm getting it with lot of shipping cost so i don't want to make any mistake in it. if you people want any photos of the housing or anything else please do ask ill give the info. So that i get a good set of lights.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
how did you dim the vleds.

Originally Posted by Superfly
Yes, I removed the clear diffusers and painted the reflectors black. The Vled’s are so bright that they work fine without a reflector. I used semi-gloss paint which still gives a decent amount of reflection, not that reflection is needed. I still need to hook them up so that they dim 50% at night as they are actually too bright at night for someone in an opposing lane. The Xenon’s are TRS Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III DS2 with 4300k bulbs. The LED’s are V3 Triton. The V3 switchbacks plug directly into the factory turn signal harness. I don’t have them running as DRL yet. I need to hook the positive to an ignition source for that to happen. Just haven’t got to it yet.
The V3’s were $145 and the Xenon kit was about $320. I bought the V3’s directly from Vled and the Xenon’s directly from TRS.
5K WHITE AMBER SWITCHBACK V3 TRITON LED SYSTEM | 1 PAIR - Switchback - Bulb System - V3 Triton
Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (D2S)

hello i have done a projectors to my headlight with Apollo 2 Shroud, but the Vleds are way brighter then the Shroud ring, Did you dim the VLEDS and How, Please help me in this.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:28 PM
hello i have done a projectors to my headlight with Apollo 2 Shroud, but the Vleds are way brighter then the Shroud ring, Did you dim the VLEDS and How, Please help me in this.

Old 10-06-2016, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kakarla
There should be a white wire. That needs to be hooked to the power wire of the headlight. That way when the headlights come on, the LED dims.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Talking Thank you

Originally Posted by Superfly
There should be a white wire. That needs to be hooked to the power wire of the headlight. That way when the headlights come on, the LED dims.
thank you i'll try this weekend.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:51 PM
I also retrofitted projectors into the car + HID, and now I can actually see at night.
Car should have came this way.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Hello need to change the Halo ring

Originally Posted by TofuShop
Awesome, thanks for all the this info
Hello my Halo ring is not working properly I have done the work with third party. So I wanted to change it again myself. I have browsed and saw that Apollo shroud 2.0 inside ring is 110 mm. And outside is 80mm. But as per your info your saying 100 mm. Which one should I take. Is the morimoto good. Or any other brand.

Last edited by kakarla; 04-05-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Did not see it here but I am in the process of trying to do a retrofit with some aftermarket Hella G5 projectors which will require cutting and nut/bolts. Problem is, I cannot figure out how to take off the big reflector bowl. There are 4 screws that are holding two points down, only two of which are accessible, and the other 2 are behind the reflector. Also 1 screw adjusts the up/down of the bowl but it is hard to unscrew it otherwise the bowl will grind on the headlamp housing. Any ideas?

Old 01-06-2018, 08:21 AM
so much work! nice job

Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by dvleucsd
Did not see it here but I am in the process of trying to do a retrofit with some aftermarket Hella G5 projectors which will require cutting and nut/bolts. Problem is, I cannot figure out how to take off the big reflector bowl. There are 4 screws that are holding two points down, only two of which are accessible, and the other 2 are behind the reflector. Also 1 screw adjusts the up/down of the bowl but it is hard to unscrew it otherwise the bowl will grind on the headlamp housing. Any ideas?
If I remember correctly, a couple of them are a ball and socket type thing that you can just pop out by pulling the reflector bowl.

Old 01-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Retrofitted my 2017 EX manual several months ago, I tried posting but it failed for some reason.

Anyway here's the specs:
  • 55w Morimoto XB ballasts/igniters
  • 6500k Morimoto XB Bulbs
  • Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Bi-Xenon Projectors
  • Mini Turbine shrouds painted to match body
  • Black painted reflector bowls

I like how it came out, the output and cutoff is amazing. In the near future I will be making a few modifications including adding RGB Demon Eyes/Halos as well as trying to better align and secure the projectors.

That being said the retrofit has been very reliable and I've had no issues other than a small amount of moisture that was cured with the addition of some small silica gel packs.

Freshly painted & assebled

Test fitting & aligning projectors. You can also see the ballast mounting location and relay harness.

Lens back on

Side view

Installed

Head on with switchback LED turn signal/parking lights

Old 06-11-2018, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
does removing the reflector bowl thingees, mess with the ability to aim/adjust the projector?

Old 06-11-2018, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
does removing the reflector bowl thingees, mess with the ability to aim/adjust the projector?
Nope. It's just a screw into a type of fixed retaining nut.