Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/)
-   -   Need help installing led Pillar Tail Brake Lamps (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/88044-need-help-installing-led-pillar-tail-brake-lamps.html)

Edisonvu 03-05-2015 05:12 PM

Need help installing led Pillar Tail Brake Lamps

Here is the link for installation instruction but i am stuck on step 4, i located the "existing harness" but unable to to know which wire is ground, tail light, or break light.

Link: Install Honda FIT LED Rear Pillar Light Tail Light JDM

noneterry 03-06-2015 12:27 AM

Quoted from step 4: "black to ground, red to tail light, white to brake light"

What's there you don't understand?
The wires are not colored?

GeorgeL 03-06-2015 01:18 AM

The colors may be off, but from the LED cluster I see three wires, blue, black and brown. In the harness I see gray, blue, brown, and black wires.

The text does not reference whether it is talking about the harness or the taillight wires.

Also, if it is a brake light, why have a connection to the tails? It should just be brake and ground. It would be cool if it were dual-function, but I don't think that is so.

Once you get them working I'd be interested to know if their intensity is well-matched to the existing lights. In the pictures the new LEDs seem a bit dim by comparison.

andre181 03-06-2015 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeL (Post 1295577)
The colors may be off, but from the LED cluster I see three wires, blue, black and brown. In the harness I see gray, blue, brown, and black wires.

The text does not reference whether it is talking about the harness or the taillight wires.

Also, if it is a brake light, why have a connection to the tails? It should just be brake and ground. It would be cool if it were dual-function, but I don't think that is so.

Once you get them working I'd be interested to know if their intensity is well-matched to the existing lights. In the pictures the new LEDs seem a bit dim by comparison.

They are dual function.

I have these lights and have had them for about 2-3 weeks. They look great. They almost perfectly match the intensity of the stock tail lights.

I decided not to hook up the brake function because I just wanted them more for look rather than functionality.

They are very easy to install. Only took me about 45 mins.

Here are some videos of mine:

myplugins 11-28-2015 02:07 AM

honda jazz upper tail light fitting instructions

Originally Posted by andre181 (Post 1295729)
They are dual function.

I have these lights and have had them for about 2-3 weeks. They look great. They almost perfectly match the intensity of the stock tail lights.

I decided not to hook up the brake function because I just wanted them more for look rather than functionality.

They are very easy to install. Only took me about 45 mins.

Here are some videos of mine:
2015 Honda Fit Aftermarket LED upper taillights 1 - YouTube
2015 Honda Fit Aftermarket LED upper taillights 2 - YouTube

Please Explain upper tail light fitting instructions...thanks