3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Mugen style body kit for USDM model 2015+ Honda fit exist!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit419
Damnit, y'all are making this too tempting

Is the brake light on the rear bumper functional?
yes, comes w misc wires so you can tap it somewhere. i will probably leave it not hooked up and as just a reflector

Old 04-09-2016, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
$299? So getting this when it warms up!

Old 04-18-2016, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TofuShop
yes, comes w misc wires so you can tap it somewhere. i will probably leave it not hooked up and as just a reflector
How's the fitting overall?

Old 04-18-2016, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kdawgz
How's the fitting overall?
Front lip is tight and fits pretty well. Slight gap on the driver side where the fog light cover is. If you paint the lip body color, it would be hard to notice

Sideskirts need to be heated up a little to make them shape to the body better. There were dimples in my lips from when they were released from the mold. They had to be filled in and smoothed

Rear lip fitment is pretty bad. Needs to be heated up to get it to get closer to the bumper (otherwise there's like a 1/4" gap in the middle). But when you do that, on the right corner where it screws into the bumper, there is now a gap that will require like 3 washers or so. Corners where it meets fake grille vents isnt that tight either

Lip kit is still at the bodyshop waiting for paint. I'll post closeups showing imperfections when i get it on

If you're a perfectionist, i'd pass on this kit. If you're getting it for the hell of it since it's only 250$ (be prepared to spend 3x more on paint and labor if you want it to look decent), go for it.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by roksta
My kits on the way so I'll let you know for sure how it fits with the Tanabe.
hey Roksta, does your Tanabe fit under the lip? any pics to show clearance?

Old 04-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
hey Roksta, does your Tanabe fit under the lip? any pics to show clearance?
It clears, but the corner hangs down a little in front of the right tip. It just needs a little trimming so it doesn't melt.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
ah, that's what i was afraid of. thanks for posting

Old 04-26-2016, 02:08 AM
Are there any carbon fiber rear spoilers for our usdm model?

Old 04-26-2016, 01:41 PM
I haven't fully installed the sides and rear yet, but do you really just screw these right to the underside of the body? I think I'm just worried about rust forming.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Careful with these if you live anywhere that has cold winters. It was in the 20s for a few days and I came out of work to a crack in the center section of the front lip. The lip basically shattered in several places after that. Whatever material they used to make (at least the first round) of these kits is really brittle when cold.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by roksta
Careful with these if you live anywhere that has cold winters. It was in the 20s for a few days and I came out of work to a crack in the center section of the front lip. The lip basically shattered in several places after that. Whatever material they used to make (at least the first round) of these kits is really brittle when cold.
That sucks. Have any pictures of the damage?

Old 01-06-2018, 08:20 AM
love it so nice

Old 01-07-2018, 11:15 AM
That was one of my fears about purchasing this lip. I want one bad, but we just had a lot of snow, and while I was driving through it with my car I was just thinking about how much damage it would do if I had purchased the lip kit last summer. Of course I could remove it for the winter, but that's a bit of a hassle.

The ad says the lips are made of polypropylene, which is used in a lot of newer cars and is probably the same material that the bumpers are made out of, just not held to as high of quality as an OEM. I figured they would probably be FRP until I read that they could be better formed with a heat gun.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:48 AM
These were everywhere on eBay for $130. Now it looks like they're going for $500. Any other source for these?

Old 01-23-2018, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThadCastle
These were everywhere on eBay for $130. Now it looks like they're going for $500. Any other source for these?
I believe there is a distributor located in Southern Cali. I have yet to find them! Will share info if I do discover the company as I am visiting So.Cal again next weekend! Can't wait to run thru the mountains in my friend's 2018 STi!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
I contacted a few of the sellers with the $500 and $900 pricing, the reason why the price was so high is because they are all waiting shipments for more lips and "eBay system" raised their prices to prevent people from purchasing. I'd like to purchase a front lip as well so let's keep each other posted on this thread

Old 01-29-2018, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by nisco
I contacted a few of the sellers with the $500 and $900 pricing, the reason why the price was so high is because they are all waiting shipments for more lips and "eBay system" raised their prices to prevent people from purchasing. I'd like to purchase a front lip as well so let's keep each other posted on this thread
Thank you! Very good to know that more will be coming. I was interested in the lip and skirts, but I am even more interested in the rear bumper piece now that I know that the material is PP and not FRP, and can be heated to Fit a little better. The above story about the lip becoming brittle and shattering in the cold weather does make me a little hesitant though.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Anybody have a direct link for this kit? sorry if i missed it im new here and in the us. I love my fit but this kit is beautiful

Old 11-20-2018, 12:28 AM
Arcade Ultra FRP reps made soon

hey everyone,

so after hours and days days of searching I realized this once cheap kit is now super expensive and unreliable. Furthermore the anti dumping laws, tariffs, and outrageous shipping charges make this more difficult to get.

i decided to say fuck it I’ll do it myself.

i bought a Taiwanese set for the JDM bumpers (minus the front lip because I opted for a full mugen front bumper) ordered on Nov. 19 2018 and expecting it to come December or January due to holiday and Anti Dumping law delays.

i will be working with my buddy’s body kit hustle, who’s instagram is @arcadeultra_ to modify the rear apron to fit a USDM model and possibly sell reps for you guys.

if you are interested stay posted I will update as the year comes along 2019.

you can also DM me on my IG @baja.brigade or his @preciadoe and @arcadeultra

no price is set yet
no solid schedule yet

cheers!

Old 11-22-2018, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
I have this same kit and bought it when it first came out, paid around $250 shipped to Washington state. Was checking around for rear wings for the Fit and saw that these same kits not go for over $1000 on ebay!!!

Glad I bought mine when it first came out. OP is correct with fitment, it is pretty close but there will be some "massaging " needed if you want it show quality. And since this is my wife's daily I really don't care for show quality.

Quick Reply: Mugen style body kit for USDM model 2015+ Honda fit exist!!