3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

Body kit question from the noob

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Body kit question from the noob

*zips up flame suit*

Ok guys, I've been searching on the forums and using the Google machine and I've found SOME info on what does and doesn't fit on... well... The Fit. So since I'm new to this game I thought I'd ask all you fine gents for a little help and info.

I've got a 3rd gen fit, 2015 EX. Most of the stuff I'm finding lip and body kit-wise seem like they only fit the JDM Jazz and not the USDM versions. Can you guys recommend websites that have stuff that fits the USDM spec stuff? I see a lot of stuff on eBay that says yeahhhh sure it'll fit, why not? Sounds like bs.

Or, is there a thread already that has a comprehensive list of what works with what?

Also, another question, WHY is the JDM and USDM versions different? Different shape and design, or do the bolt holes just not line up, or is it a totally different front clip or what? Sorry for asking retarded questions, but so far some of the info seems kinda vague and not 100% sure about the accuracy of what they're saying.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:27 PM
From what I have gathered on the differences of JDM vs USDM the main point is both the front and rear bumper are longer on the USDM Fit. This is to hide a steel brace beam that allows for the Fit to score better in US impact standards. I really wonder the benefit sometimes when a lifted truck pulls up behind me and my entire car fits in their front end profile.

You can always tell a JDM Jazz by its stubbier nose and tailgate that drops straight off - no bumper ledge.

Most of the kits as you have found are specifically for the Japanese market. Even the JDM grilles won't fit ours. (See Myxalplyx's thread about his J's Racing grille, long story short - it didn't fit.) There are some Mugen knock offs on Ebay, but you will be getting Ebay quality. You can find some threads about them around on this forum.

This company makes some items, but I never could get a real answer from them about it fitting the USDM Fit. 2015 + Honda Fit / JAZZ (GK3 / GK5) - CF-Spec Carbon

You could always order a JDM front and rear bumper it would probably be easier than finding something for ours sadly.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:15 PM
We kinda got screwed on the looks department in the US