3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

WellVisors Aerodyn Door Visors for GK

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
WellVisors Aerodyn Door Visors for GK

So I wanted to get some door visors for the GK but the OEM stuff was waaay too expensive and didn't want to get the ebay stuff. I came across WellVisors, who make visors for a bunch of cars, including the Fit, so I decided to give it a try. I bought the Aerodyn, which is the Mugen visor style. They also offer the OEM-looking one in black trim and chrome trim. I hate chrome so I'm not touching it.

It can be bought from there website here: WellVisors Aerodyn Visors for Honda Fit GK

The shipping was pretty quick and received it like the day after (I live down the highway from them, so there's that). According to the site, their visors are made from poly-carbonate, like the OEM visors, so they should hold up pretty well. I chose these because they use both 3M double-sided tape and clips that go under the weatherstripping to mount the visors, again, like the OEM visors. Last thing I want is to have one fall off on the highway.

Name:  ik17R4w.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  1.78 MB

It came well packaged and had plenty of mounting accessories and two alcohol cleaning wipes. I was even left with some leftovers.

Name:  cNZjRui.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  1.45 MB

Name:  q246itz.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  1.38 MB

One did come with the tape misplaced. I normally would have trimmed the excess if it was just a little bit but unfortunately, it was too much coming out. I called their support and they sent me a little roll of tape to replace it. I got the tape quickly and reapplied it. Very light trimming was necessary with an X-acto blade.

Installation was very easy and only took about 20 minutes. Instructions can be found on their YouTube channel and is specific to each car.

Fitment was actually very good. I didn't notice any gaps when mated to the door.
Name:  RHpNHnN.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  1.56 MB

Name:  Oz92WIA.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  1.54 MB

Name:  jTMSqgt.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  1.60 MB

The clips that go under the weatherstripping are metal and the retainers are plastic. All parts are black.

Name:  uOi7drS.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  1.49 MB

Name:  0EdS4Um.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  1.49 MB

The visors also don't stick out too far at all so I think it looks pretty good.
Name:  4QPPqPb.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  1.46 MB

Name:  ylXyIIs.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.46 MB

This is the first time I've ever bought door visors for a car, so I can't really compare with anything else.

The visors are smoked and do have a slightly blueish color to them. I personally don't care, but some people might not like that.

Name:  wIxMMVw.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  1.23 MB

Name:  nLcQiFP.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  1.58 MB

Name:  1ckosJP.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  1.42 MB

Name:  JLAQEEt.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  1.14 MB

Visibility through them is not that great, but I'm not sure if all visors do that. For me it's not an an angle that I use for daily driving so that's fine. Taller people may have an issue with that, I don't know.

I wish it did have slightly better visibility through them and didn't have that blue hue, but like I said, I'm fine with that. I'm also not a fan of having the logo there. I do understand that they do want to put their brand name on their product, but at least it's not a bright color font, so it's not too noticeable. This is just me nitpicking, really.

Overall, I did like this purchase. It was significantly cheaper than the Honda visors and mount the same way, so it does feel secure. The quality of the material feels good as well; very sturdy. I noticed that wind noise on the highway was drastically reduced with the windows open. Enough sun was also blocked so it helped with that. I bought them right after the huge rainstorms we had here in SoCal, so I didn't get a chance to see if they leak or not, but I'll take a look at that once we get some more rain. IF we get some more rain. I'll have to test more to see how they hold up in the longer term. For the price though, I think it's pretty good.

Last edited by wanako; 02-15-2017 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the very detailed review. I have window visors on my 4Runner, not sure I want to install them on the Fit though. It is nice having the ability to crack the window for temp control without worrying that it'd get water intrusion from a random rain storm. Did not like that it made cleaning the window harder, but that's me.

For the logo, is it screen printed on or is it etched in? Maybe try some goo gone or goo off to see if it can be pulled off. Try on a hard to see area first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic but it shouldn't.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Thanks for the very detailed review. I have window visors on my 4Runner, not sure I want to install them on the Fit though. It is nice having the ability to crack the window for temp control without worrying that it'd get water intrusion from a random rain storm. Did not like that it made cleaning the window harder, but that's me.

For the logo, is it screen printed on or is it etched in? Maybe try some goo gone or goo off to see if it can be pulled off. Try on a hard to see area first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic but it shouldn't.
Good idea. I think it's screen printed on, so I might be able to goo-gone it off. Not that big a deal since I don't notice it much due to the grey-ish color, but if it's something that I don't like later I'll try it.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
thanks for this review, just what I needed to see/hear

Old 06-11-2018, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
sweet .......... well visors advised..... orders will be delayed until at least till mid aug 2018

Old 06-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
looks just like my mugen visors, just missing the rubber inner piece

Old 07-18-2018, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
look at their website, I noticed WellVisors sells an aerodyne, which looks mugen-like, and 2 more that looks more boring, oem like .... one of which has chrome trim, one has black trim

I still want a damn aerodyne, but they are still out of stock on ebay, and their own website =\

(ebay = pref, due to those awesome coupons that always pop up)

Old 04-22-2021, 11:40 AM
Just say no to replica parts. Those are clear Mugen copies. Just buy the real thing here.

https://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-52...ted-visor.aspx