3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 3rd Gen GK Honda Fit

2018 Sport Front/Rear Bumpers On My 2015 EX.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
Question 2018 Sport Front/Rear Bumpers On My 2015 EX.

I was thinking about getting 2018 Sport front and rear bumpers installed on my 2015 EX. From viewing the EX and Sport it looks like it should fit right in without any drilling or modifications. What do you guys think?

Old 02-05-2018, 02:17 PM
You could, you probably need to paint it unless you can find a used 2018 bumper.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up 2018 Sport Bumpers.

Originally Posted by wmo168
You could, you probably need to paint it unless you can find a used 2018 bumper.

The 2018 Sport trim is available in the same color as my 2015 EX. Milano Red. I'm going to buy the same color 2018 Sport Bumpers to match my 2015 EX.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb Update;

I called College Hills Honda in Ohio;

The Sport Bumpers are available. It's not a one piece set as I thought it would be. According to College Hills the pieces are available separately. They're not painted. They come in primer black ready to be painted. I was quoted at $800 for the front and about $500 for the rear. No way I'm paying these prices. I'll check locally to see if I can get a better price.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
This has already been covered in a different thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...older-fit.html

But long story short, you will need more than a bumper cover.

Originally Posted by nisco
I also looked into this when 18' Sport parts started to get added into their online parts database. At the time, all the parts for Sport trim had a glitch (or human error) pricing and I took advantage. I was able to purchase 2 sets of sideskirts, a front lip spoiler, fog light garnish, and rear diffuser for stupid cheap prices.

Anyways, at the time, I thought about converting as well but have been putting it off. From comparing the 15-17 vs 18 I've circled all the parts (not including clips and hardware) that are different between the two.

Front bumper:
Aside from the obvious bumper cover, lower grill and fog garnish, not much has changed underneath. You can still use the same beam and add the foam insert (#20) the two brackets (#17,19). As for #7 and #9 they LOOK to be the same as 15-17 but the part number are different.

Front Grill:
Everything is different here including emblems.

Air ducts:
Also have been updated, not sure how much of an effect there is on performance but I am curious.

Headlights: slightly different inside but the overall dimensions have not changed.

Fender:
Same as 15-17.

Hood:
Also same as 15-17.

Hope this can help with your conversion!

Old 02-14-2018, 01:04 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up 2015 To 2018 Sport Bumper Upgrade.

This has already been covered in a different thread:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...older-fit.html

But long story short, you will need more than a bumper cover.

Thanks for the great info. Did you or are still planning this bumper upgrade? I'm still planning on upgrading my 2015 EX.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Post Update;

I went to my local Honda Dealer where I bought my Fit from. The parts guy compared the parts number for the front and rear bumpers for my 2015 EX and the 2018 Sport. The bumper parts numbers are different for both years. He compared both the front and rear bumpers for both years on his computer. From the way things look it's possible for the 2018 Sport bumpers to fit my 2015 EX. The only sticking point is the spacers for the bumpers. If the spacer connecting side to my EX is the same as the Sport bumpers it's possible that that they would fit. The side that connects the spacer to the bumper itself is different on the 2018 and 2015. The front bumper spacer seems to look the same for both years on his computer. The parts guy suggested I go to the body repair shop they use to ask if the 2018 spacers will fit my EX before going further in this bumper upgrade. I'll go to there in a few weeks to find out.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
I went to my local Honda Dealer where I bought my Fit from. The parts guy compared the parts number for the front and rear bumpers for my 2015 EX and the 2018 Sport. The bumper parts numbers are different for both years. He compared both the front and rear bumpers for both years on his computer. From the way things look it's possible for the 2018 Sport bumpers to fit my 2015 EX. The only sticking point is the spacers for the bumpers. If the spacer connecting side to my EX is the same as the Sport bumpers it's possible that that they would fit. The side that connects the spacer to the bumper itself is different on the 2018 and 2015. The front bumper spacer seems to look the same for both years on his computer. The parts guy suggested I go to the body repair shop they use to ask if the 2018 spacers will fit my EX before going further in this bumper upgrade. I'll go to there in a few weeks to find out.
Thanks for sharing! Will be waiting for more updates~

Old 02-21-2018, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up 2018 Sport Bumper Upgrade.

Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
Thanks for sharing! Will be waiting for more updates~

At least I have one fan.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:05 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the great info. Did you or are still planning this bumper upgrade? I'm still planning on upgrading my 2015 EX.
I'll probably get around to it sometime this year. Want to do suspension and wheels/tires first, then get into exterior alteration. Let us know how your's goes!

Old 02-22-2018, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up 2018 Sport Bumper Upgrade.

I'll probably get around to it sometime this year. Want to do suspension and wheels/tires first, then get into exterior alteration. Let us know how your's goes!

Will do.

I'm planning on getting the Sport blacked out wheels (not the HFP's). Are you getting the HFP Sport Suspension? Sometime this summer I'll ask the body shop my dealer uses to find out about the Bumper Spacer issue.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
I was thinking about getting 2018 Sport front and rear bumpers installed on my 2015 EX.
What compels you to spend all that money and effort to put a part from a different year model on your 2015?

Old 02-22-2018, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up One Reason.

Originally Posted by john21031
What compels you to spend all that money and effort to put a part from a different year model on your 2015?

I think the 2018 Sport Bumpers look great.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Will do.

I'm planning on getting the Sport blacked out wheels (not the HFP's). Are you getting the HFP Sport Suspension? Sometime this summer I'll ask the body shop my dealer uses to find out about the Bumper Spacer issue.
No. I'll be using coilovers, most likely BC Racing. HFP is non-adjustable height and damper wise so that is out of the question for me. Combined with lightweight wheels and sticky rubber, this summer has me excited

Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Summer Excitment.

No. I'll be using coilovers, most likely BC Racing. HFP is non-adjustable height and damper wise so that is out of the question for me. Combined with lightweight wheels and sticky rubber, this summer has me excited

Yeah me too!

The two things that might get in the way of my Fit;

My girlfriend(s)
My Honda Ruckus

Old 03-22-2018, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
Post Comparing The 2018 Sport And 2015 EX.

My next oil change at my local Honda dealer I'm going to compare the two cars next to each other to get a better sense of the bumpers. I took pics of the 2018 sport and compared it to my 2015 EX. It looks like it will fit.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Post Update.

The body shop I go to suggested I get the front bumper first since it's going to be more complicated than the rear bumper. According to the body tech they can do some custom modifications if needed. Now it's just of time and money to start this process.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:35 AM
The body shop I go to suggested I get the front bumper first since it's going to be more complicated than the rear bumper. According to the body tech they can do some custom modifications if needed. Now it's just of time and money to start this process.

​​Hi, would like to heard update from you. Went to call up my local dealer and they said modification is needed to install the new front bumper.. have you managed to find anyone that does it?

Old 07-04-2018, 08:03 AM
anyone manage to change fit’s 2018 bumper to our fit 2015 ?

Old 11-06-2018, 12:40 PM
I am also curious to see, if it fits without any issues.

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Front/Rear Bumpers On My 2015 EX.