Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/)
-   -   I could no longer suppress my inner ricer and started painting things. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-gen-gk-specific-fit-exterior-modifications-jdm-styling-sub-forum/99678-i-could-no-longer-suppress-my-inner-ricer-started-painting-things.html)

highvolkage 12-29-2018 04:43 PM

I could no longer suppress my inner ricer and started painting things.

7 Attachment(s)
I've been trying to keep my '17 Fit EX 6MT ....civil..... looking but I think I just blew it. Oh well :) I took off the bumper to realign my LED driving lights and install Hella horns this weekend and ended up going hog wild with some amber glass spray paint. It is a little bit extra but overall I am digging it. Yes I painted the backup lights amber, yes it was kinda dumb. I really hated the clear in the tail light lens. I am considering removing the amber and spraying it with a matching red instead but I'll see if this look grows on me first.

Attachment 85617

Attachment 85618

Attachment 85619

Attachment 85620

Attachment 85621

Attachment 85622

Attachment 85623

C&C welcomed.

GolNat 12-29-2018 09:18 PM

Not sure what stock looks like but I like it.

highvolkage 12-30-2018 08:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1420386)
Not sure what stock looks like but I like it.

Thanks. Here it was when I bought it last year.

Attachment 85613
Attachment 85614
Attachment 85615
Attachment 85616

eulogy 12-30-2018 01:17 PM

i opened this thread expecting to see neon lighting, different colored lips and a fart can tip!

personally i prefer the clear markers...but it looks like you did a good job! definitely not ricey...more of an old school jdm look to a modern car....i like it.

its funny, in the 90s first we did whatever we could to rid our cars of anything amber....then the jdm phase came and we wanted amber corners and sidemarkers because all the car manufacturers started making everything "clear" along with "altezza" rear lights ...now we have LEDs!

GolNat 12-30-2018 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by eulogy (Post 1420425)
more of an old school jdm look to a modern car

Exactly this.

After seeing the stock pics I think I like it better now! Takes me back to JDM days lol

highvolkage 12-31-2018 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1420433)
Exactly this.

After seeing the stock pics I think I like it better now! Takes me back to JDM days lol

Thanks man. This is the newest car I've owned by almost 15 years and most of my older cars were ratty and similarly appointed with obnoxious lights, etc. I dragged my feet doing anything to the Fit besides Tein S-Tech springs but, like title says, I was finally defeated by my urges. The only thing I'm not totally happy with is the shade of the amber tint...I settled for the closest thing I could find and it ended up being a little bit Halloween-y.

evilchargerfan 01-02-2019 03:22 PM

okay, I give up. what was painted?

the entire car .... purple?!

2Rismo2 01-02-2019 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1420561)

Front turn signals and reverse lights :)

ieandro 01-02-2019 08:59 PM

I'm digging the driving lights. I've been looking for a way to mount auxilliary lights without drilling into onto the bumper. You have a link or a pic on how yours are mounted. Looks very stealth.

eulogy 01-02-2019 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1420561)

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1420579)
Front turn signals and reverse lights :)

lol...took me a minute to realize it too. it not standing out proves its not so ricey. as for the color of orange...i think you made a good choice...i wouldnt have gone any lighter

highvolkage 01-03-2019 08:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ieandro (Post 1420586)
I'm digging the driving lights. I've been looking for a way to mount auxilliary lights without drilling into onto the bumper. You have a link or a pic on how yours are mounted. Looks very stealth.

I am not 100% happy with the mounting situation, but it was by far the least amount of work that yielded acceptable results. I'm a pragmatic guy haha. If you remove the bumper you will see that there is a molded plastic "shelf" that spans between the fog light recesses just below the bottom of the lower bumper grille. I drilled two holes in this shelf and mounted the lights on a length of galvanized slotted angle steel* and oversize washers for stability and wired them through a relay (they come on when the high beams come on, I rarely use them but WHOA good visibility when I do). The fog light setup was actually from my old CRV** but it was easy enough to adapt for the Fit.

Attachment 85611
* talking about this stuff

Attachment 85612
** CRV with the LEDs

Originally Posted by eulogy (Post 1420596)
lol...took me a minute to realize it too. it not standing out proves its not so ricey. as for the color of orange...i think you made a good choice...i wouldnt have gone any lighter

Thanks. I am honestly not happy with it and will probably redo it. I want the shade to be a bit darker but this (Krylon Tangerine haha) was all I could find. I applied probably a dozen coats to the fog lights, the front turn signals, and the rear back up lights...after the first 7 or 8 coats it just wasn't getting any darker :/ This was sort of an experiment from the start...if I really wanted to do it permanently I plan on baking the headlights/tail lights and adding the tint inside the housings.