3rd Gen GK Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 3rd generation GK Honda Fit

Cargo LED -Huge Improvement!

Old 09-22-2014, 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by spaghetina
I would like to know where to get them, too. Honestly, I don't know what all the letters and numbers associated with each of these bulbs means, but am gathering that the bulb is a T10. I don't know which bulb style or base (pin?) style I'm supposed to be looking for though, so if anyone knows of links where to get the pure white (or I thought I saw someone mention some that were almost pink/purple hued, but I don't want warm white), can you please post the link? Would be super appreciated, as I'm trying to learn all these things as I go.
I would still appreciate it if someone could give a link to the pure white (not bluish or yellow cast) LED lights (T10?) for the interior dome lights as well as the pancake shaped LED for the cargo section with the correct pin insert. The previous links were sold out. Thanks.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JFit123
I would still appreciate it if someone could give a link to the pure white (not bluish or yellow cast) LED lights (T10?) for the interior dome lights as well as the pancake shaped LED for the cargo section with the correct pin insert. The previous links were sold out. Thanks.
Read this whole thread ... from page one. Also there's a link (about five posts ago) for ADV's HOW TO GUIDE: interior led upgrade .... read that whole link as well. All the information you're asking for has already been posted.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JFit123
Check your private messages I gave you a link

Old 09-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Pf9938
I don't think it's the same. It looks like the wedge comes out at a different point. From underneath rather then from the side.
I tried the 1439 bulb and it does not work, puts light on inside of fixture. So I just put one of the bulbs from my interior 10 pak in. It does seem brighter but I want the multi bubs.
Bill #22335

Old 09-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Here's the one I have. It's plenty bright, and it's available in Warm White.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ase-tower/910/

Old 10-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Has anyone tried these?

Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Warm White: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Warm White: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics

Since I just replaced all the interiors with the JTech bulbs with the blueish cast (which I kind of like), I'm thinking of going with the cool white, but I've only seen people mentioning bulbs with 10 SMD vs these bulbs with 24 SMD. I imagine these would be quite a lot brighter than the already very bright ones I'm seeing in this thread.

Can anyone see any reason why these bulbs wouldn't work before I bite the bullet and try them out?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:54 AM
m_x
Has anyone tried these?

Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Warm White: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics

Can anyone see any reason why these bulbs wouldn't work before I bite the bullet and try them out?
I just bought one of the cool white ones. I had bought the LED that was originally discussed in this thread and it is AWESOME. I wish I had bought two of them because I want one for the center dome light and now they are unavailable. I'm hoping these will be as bright. I'll report back when it arrives and I can install it.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
I have installed this 12 SMD 5050 LED in the Cargo Bay Light Assembly.

Amazon.com: TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb: Automotive Amazon.com: TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb: Automotive

This LED just fits into the lens assembly. It's dimensions are 45mm x 30mm x4mm.

The ones you are linking have dimensions of 25mm(D)X 40mm(L) which are 5mm shorter than the 12 SMD one I installed so they should fit just fine.

The 12 SMD I have installed is about three times brighter than the original incandescent bulb. However I would like a brighter one and more blueish in color to match the interior LEDs (map, center, license plate) so I have just placed an order for the 24 SMD Cool White one you linked.

EDIT: 10/15/2014 - I have installed the
Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics
and they are fantastic. They are about 5 times brighter than the original incandescent bulb and about 50% brighter than the Warm White 12 SMD that I had originally put in the Cargo Bay Light Assembly.

These 24 SMD LEDs put out an almost white light with just a slight hint of blue and really look great in the interior my Fit.

I am highly recommending these 24 SMD Cool White LEDs. And they only cost $6.79 for a pair. I used one for the Cargo Bay and one for the Dome light.

Last edited by CIOWN; 10-15-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by CIOWN
I have installed this 12 SMD 5050 LED in the Cargo Bay Light Assembly.

Amazon.com: TOOGOO(R) T10 501 W5W 194 921 12 SMD 5050 LED Warm White Car Boat Marine Light Lamp Bulb: Automotive

This LED just fits into the lens assembly. It's dimensions are 45mm x 30mm x4mm.

The ones you are linking have dimensions of 25mm(D)X 40mm(L) which are 5mm shorter than the 12 SMD one I installed so they should fit just fine.

The 12 SMD I have installed is about three times brighter than the original incandescent bulb. However I would like a brighter one and more blueish in color to match the interior LEDs (map, center, license plate) so I have just placed an order for the 24 SMD Cool White one you linked.
How "warm" is the white of the 12 SMD? Would you consider it a true white-white, or does it have a yellowish/orangeish cast that's more similar to the incandescent bulbs?

I just installed the 24 SMDs a few minutes ago, and they look to be bluer and brighter than the JTech white 5 SMD bulbs linked over and over in this thread. It fit without issue, and I used the extra bulb in my dome light (wanted that one to be as bright as possible). I left the 5 SMDs in the map lights, so I'll really be able to see if there's a discrepancy in color once it gets dark out. I'll try to snap some photos of the brightness and color later if I have a minute.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Ok, snapped some pics before total darkness last night. I did it with my cell phone, so excuse the crappy quality.

In the first pic, you can see a little bit of the difference in color between the 5 SMDs installed in the map lights and the bluer dome light. It's really not all that pronouced:
Name:  20141008_190019.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  74.4 KB

And here's one of the pancakes installed in the cargo area:
Name:  20141008_185837.jpg
Views: 573
Size:  71.5 KB

The left side of the cargo area looks pretty dark, but the towel is still well illuminated:
Name:  20141008_185918.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  68.2 KB

I'd love to get my hands on some true white pancakes, but I think I'm done buying and swapping bulbs for the time being unless I come across something really special (I mean, as special as a light bulb can be...).

Old 10-09-2014, 05:28 PM
m_x
I am very sad to report that I broke my cargo LED while testing it out in the dome light. The original LED linked at the top of this thread is comprised of 10 5050 SMDs. It is incredibly bright and puts off a nice white light with no real bluish tint.

The ones linked above by spaghetina are comprised of 24 1210SMDs which are not as bright as the 5050's. There are more of them though so I'm hoping it balances out.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Has anyone had any luck finding another place to order the Ledwholesalers 2x T10 Base 10 SMD 5050 LED White Side Pin10-30v Dc Bulb, 2x 1438wh
??

I've searched a ton of online stores but had no luck yet.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:37 AM
m_x
It's there just take out some of the search terms. Try "T10 LED 10 5050SMD."

I was able to find it a few places, and several are being sold by "LEDWholesalers," but the price was better on Amazon.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
It's there just take out some of the search terms. Try "T10 LED 10 5050SMD."

I was able to find it a few places, and several are being sold by "LEDWholesalers," but the price was better on Amazon.

Thank you! By doing that, I was able to find these
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00EKMHH2I
Could you tell me if these are the right ones? I know nothing about car lighting and if these would fit.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:22 AM
m_x
The connection type (T10) is correct, however I believe the disc is too large to fit inside the cargo/dome light fixtures. It says it is 4 inches wide, where as the fixtures are probably close to 2 inches wide.

I am not sure of this though.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Can I get a link to these bulbs as well? I would like bright white, not the bluish ones. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:07 PM
m_x
Has anyone tried these?

Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Warm White: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics

Since I just replaced all the interiors with the JTech bulbs with the blueish cast (which I kind of like), I'm thinking of going with the cool white, but I've only seen people mentioning bulbs with 10 SMD vs these bulbs with 24 SMD. I imagine these would be quite a lot brighter than the already very bright ones I'm seeing in this thread.

In honesty, I would have preferred to have two of the LEDWholesaler lights, but I couldn't find them for less than $15 each + shipping. For $7, the Jtechs are good.

Just as a point of comparison since I had the LEDWholesalers light from the top of the thread and now have these JTechs: the J-tech lights in these links seem to me to be as bright as the LEDWholesaler one. However, the light is distinctly more blueish. The LEDWholesaler light is a nice bright white, not "warm" but not blue. These JTechs might be slightly less bright, but if they are it's not noticable.

Nice thing about the Jtechs is that they came in a two pack for $7 shipped. I paid $10 for the LEDWholesaler light and only got one, which turned out to be really fragile. I put one of these jtechs in the cargo area and one in the dome. I found that when I had the map lights set to "door," if I would turn them on, I would forget to turn them off because when I opened the door they went on anyway. It was a problem with me, not the light, but my solution was to turn them off and get a brighter light for the dome that will light the whole car without the maps. The Jtech light linked here are bright enough for that.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
Highly recommend the 24 SMD Cool White LEDs

I have installed the
and they are fantastic. They are about 5 times brighter than the original incandescent bulb and about 50% brighter than the Warm White 12 SMD that I had originally put in the Cargo Bay Light Assembly.

These 24 SMD LEDs put out an almost white light with just a slight hint of blue and really look great in the interior of my Fit.

I am highly recommending these 24 SMD Cool White LEDs. And they only cost $6.79 for a pair. I used one for the Cargo Bay and one for the Dome light.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CIOWN
I have installed the Amazon.com: Jtech 2x T10 921 194 24- SMD LED Bulb Super Bright Cool White: Car Electronics and they are fantastic. They are about 5 times brighter than the original incandescent bulb and about 50% brighter than the Warm White 12 SMD that I had originally put in the Cargo Bay Light Assembly.

These 24 SMD LEDs put out an almost white light with just a slight hint of blue and really look great in the interior of my Fit.

Yep, I bought this set and it really made a difference in the cargo area. Dunno why Honda couldn't made LED lighting as standard as it's really cheap to do?

I also replaced all the interior light bulbs with LED with the same brand and all turned out really nice.

Only thing left to do is replace the bulbs for the license plate.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
m_x
Originally Posted by DArkk
Yep, I bought this set and it really made a difference in the cargo area. Dunno why Honda couldn't made LED lighting as standard as it's really cheap to do?

I also replaced all the interior light bulbs with LED with the same brand and all turned out really nice.

Only thing left to do is replace the bulbs for the license plate.
Your username + this thread = Irony.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargo LED -Huge Improvement!