Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   I love my 2015 Fit EX-L (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/100133-i-love-my-2015-fit-ex-l.html)

Derk59RedFit 03-05-2019 04:38 PM

I love my 2015 Fit EX-L

It's mostly stock. I added rubber mats and cargo liner, LED lights in the cabin, Philips X-treme headlights, front bra to keep from getting rock chips on the hood and bumper. I just got new Michelin Premier tires.

My wish list:
Wilwood front brakes
Stiffer struts and springs
Sway bar

I don't think there are many things I can do, without breaking the bank, to add HP. So why try huh? I thought about one of those air filter do dads but gave up. Any bolt on HP you guys did?

evilchargerfan 03-05-2019 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Derk59RedFit (Post 1424827)
I don't think there are many things I can do, without breaking the bank, to add HP. So why try huh? I thought about one of those air filter do dads but gave up. Any bolt on HP you guys did?

add hp? get a ktuner.

/the end

GolNat 03-05-2019 05:11 PM

ktuner is about it for added performance. Intake for better engine sounds.

Get a set of sticky summer tires, coilovers, poly suspension bits and enjoy. Great handling and MPG all in one!!

hasdrubal 03-05-2019 11:42 PM

I don't think anyone has dyno results for the RV6 pipe, but it seems like I can take some of the hills on my commute in a taller gear after installing one. Has a somewhat unpleasant rasp for the catless version until you switch the muffler out, though.

evilchargerfan 03-06-2019 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by hasdrubal (Post 1424848)
I don't think anyone has dyno results for the RV6 pipe, but it seems like I can take some of the hills on my commute in a taller gear after installing one. Has a somewhat unpleasant rasp for the catless version until you switch the muffler out, though.

interesting, just checked rv6's site, and yea..... not a single dyno chart

hasdrubal 03-06-2019 04:37 PM

I asked them about that, they said they didn't have a local car to use for a dyno run. I think they got someone to send them the factory part, took measurements from it, and sent him a prototype to check fitment. No idea who that was or if they're on the board, though.

ROTTBOY 03-08-2019 10:53 PM

8.5 sec. 0-60mph is pretty decent for a sub-compact!

Want it to go 1 sec. faster, don't think it's worth the effort and cost unless you want to track/autocross consistently.

Our household is loving it's daily useability. The wife takes it from me more often over her SUV as it's a no-brainer to park. Our sons love driving it cause it's so easy, smaller, and still spacious! To think, it's only a base LX manual at that!

A few recalls for this Mexican built GK, but for now, still going strong, reliable and totally easy on gas consumption. Am keeping this one till it dies!!!

Myxalplyx 03-09-2019 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by hasdrubal (Post 1424905)
I asked them about that, they said they didn't have a local car to use for a dyno run. I think they got someone to send them the factory part, took measurements from it, and sent him a prototype to check fitment. No idea who that was or if they're on the board, though.

That was me. Posted up a some info about it all. See link below.
Need GK to Test Fit RV6 Pipe

Yes it adds some power. How do I know? Tested it at the track. Some mph was gained (Used J's Racing non-catted for original test, in another thread). The same mph was maintained when I switched to the RV6 pipe except I had no check engine light. I could not feel the hp/tq difference. It was measurable though. I no longer dyno anything. Plus it was a CVT.