Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   2015 Fit for Us & Canada (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/80991-2015-fit-us-canada.html)

siguy 01-13-2014 08:16 PM

2015 Fit for Us & Canada

Detroit Free Press reports that the new Fit introduced in Detroit today will be built in Mexico, and imported to US and Canada. Good news for Canadians, eh? :) As long as you don't care that it's built in Mexico - gotta be better than Chinese Fits.

I think I looked at 4 million press releases on the new Fit today, including the "live coverage" and all of it's drawn out details. heh

MTLian 01-14-2014 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by siguy (Post 1218906)
Detroit Free Press reports that the new Fit introduced in Detroit today will be built in Mexico, and imported to US and Canada. Good news for Canadians, eh? :) As long as you don't care that it's built in Mexico - gotta be better than Chinese Fits.

I think I looked at 4 million press releases on the new Fit today, including the "live coverage" and all of it's drawn out details. heh

We'll have to see. The Mexican VWs in Montreal all sound bad and have a low rumble that sounds like their exhaust pipe is destroyed. The 2000+ VW sound more squeaky and noisy than the 1990+ old honda civics.

mingo 01-15-2014 04:55 PM

I was looking at getting a Fit, but when I saw the sticker of the country of origin, I walked away. I'm not going to buy a Fit made in China, not because I think it's inferior in quality. I'm ok with the Fit made in Mexico. Honda Canada exports Civics to Mexico. We buy from them, they buy from us. The Chinese send us containers full of goods and we send them empty containers back.

siguy 01-15-2014 06:22 PM

Hey Mingo, I agree with you! Same thing USA, everything is from China. We are way underwater with trade imbalance.

ROTTBOY 03-24-2014 10:53 PM

Once my new Fit (made in Mexico) arrives, will be making them visits to Taco Bell daily. Am hoping the quality suits me as well as a grilled chicken chalupa sits in my stomach!!!! :popc:

fitvtec 03-30-2014 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by mingo (Post 1219295)
I was looking at getting a Fit, but when I saw the sticker of the country of origin, I walked away. I'm not going to buy a Fit made in China, not because I think it's inferior in quality. I'm ok with the Fit made in Mexico. Honda Canada exports Civics to Mexico. We buy from them, they buy from us. The Chinese send us containers full of goods and we send them empty containers back.

lol, i don't think north america will get vehicle that is made in china. i know china has its own honda factory for their domestic market. the quality is not good as what we get here, and consumers pay more. :rotfl:

fitvtec 03-30-2014 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by siguy (Post 1219310)
Hey Mingo, I agree with you! Same thing USA, everything is from China. We are way underwater with trade imbalance.

at least, automobile parts are still made in other countries. their currency exchange is no longer an advantage, and increased labor rate will just bring things to other nations.

ohw 03-30-2014 09:31 PM

It is true, the Canadian FITs are made in China. It was confirmed by Honda. See link.
Watching the progress and the improvement of quality of the goods made in China, I would buy one made in China. Just won't buy the early batches. Don't own a car or have experience with other things made in Mexico before.
Japanese subcompact cars ... now made in China - The Globe and Mail