3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

The one thing on the new fit that just won't grow on me...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 04:20 AM
The one thing on the new fit that just won't grow on me...

So at first glance of the new 2015 Fit, I wasn't a huge fan. Looking to buy a car in the next few months, part of me just wanted to get the 2013. However with the improved interior, fuel economy, safety (see new small overlap test) and horsepower...it didn't take me long to realize I'd be better off with the new 3rd generation. Over the last month, most of the car has grown on me, notably the lines along the sides.

Alas, the rear taillights just aren't growing on me though. The way they go all the way up the back of the car. It doesn't appeal to my eyes in the slightest. Just for giggles, I did a very crude photo editing job of the car and how it would look without the lights extending so far. Is it just me, or would that make the rear of the car look 100x better?

*sigh* It won't be a deal breaker for me, but I do wish the rear was a little more simple such as in the photo above. Less would have been more in this case I think. Maybe it'll grow on me more over time.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:07 AM
It looks like the lenses or reflectors are part of the rear hatch.

Maybe someday there will have a blackout kit for it.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Rear tail light lens

[IMG][/IMG]

Above picture shows the full real tail light that we will get. I kind of like it myself

Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
I do like the look of the lenses on the tailgate. I"ve seen a mock up with the chrome horizontal bar with the H logo on it also in red and it looked great..

Old 02-16-2014, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe this will convince you a bit.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:18 AM
I like the look too. I was giving an option that might help ncoflin like it a little more.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
You could add some black glossy vinyl on the hatch tail light trim.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nomar
I was thinking about that too and I think if you could find someone who could apply it well then it would be hardly noticeable.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Nomar
That's a good thought.

Regarding the possibility of using black glossy vinyl, I wonder if covering those parts of the taillights up would hinder any functionality that would possibly impede performance or safety.

In all likelihood it'll probably just a. grow on me, or b. I'll get over it. It's still nice to have that option though.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by ncoflin
That's a good thought.

Regarding the possibility of using black glossy vinyl, I wonder if covering those parts of the taillights up would hinder any functionality that would possibly impede performance or safety.

In all likelihood it'll probably just a. grow on me, or b. I'll get over it. It's still nice to have that option though.
If they are lights and not just reflectors, then you could just disconnect the wiring to them.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:07 PM
Holy Volvo!

Old 02-16-2014, 05:50 PM
that red fit looks nice

Old 02-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
If I was in the market would have no issue with looking at a 2015 Fit. I like the look and the modified MR above is awesome! Give me some CF and I'd be happy.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Sorry but NO.

Looks a lot uglier in my opinion than the GE8. It hasn't grown on me yet, and probably wont. Im just not a fan of the euro looking (Volvo) taillights and the chrome accents. I think chrome only belongs on luxury vehicles, and looks too cheesy on ANY Fit. Gloss Black would have been fine their, but i just dont get trying to make an entry level car look fancy by adding chrome accessories to it. At this point Im a hater, but im looking forward to seeing some modified ones.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by SBFT09
Sorry but NO.

Looks a lot uglier in my opinion than the GE8. It hasn't grown on me yet, and probably wont. Im just not a fan of the euro looking (Volvo) taillights and the chrome accents. I think chrome only belongs on luxury vehicles, and looks too cheesy on ANY Fit. Gloss Black would have been fine their, but i just dont get trying to make an entry level car look fancy by adding chrome accessories to it. At this point Im a hater, but im looking forward to seeing some modified ones.

the non LED tube lights you guys are getting can easily be spray tinted out, it does look kind of cool.

the only chrome is the front grill and tail gate I think?

front grill already has a bunch of aftermarket replacements with no chrome

the tail gate also has aftermarket ones that are not chrome, and some models here are released just black (I was considering it but plain black looks pretty cheap)

noblesse has a red one.

I saw a dead stock GK fit at the convenience store today... I have to agree it can be a kind of ugly car.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by Japan Tragic
I saw a dead stock GK fit at the convenience store today... I have to agree it can be a kind of ugly car.
Will have to see it in person. However, the more I look at it the more it grows on me. To be honest, I didn't like the design of the older model Fits either until after a while. I expect this one will be an acquired taste, much like the first. I'm not one for doing too many modifications to the stock, and now yes even the back taillights are growing on me.

Old 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
The tail lights don't bother me either. In fact, the more pics I see the more I'm starting to like the new design.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
I was supposed to be going over to Suzuka for a J's event on the 25th, but being the only network guy on site and moves of the higher ups of the company, I had to cancel and miss a chance to go full tilt on the beautiful full course Suzuka. Suzuka East I've done which involves the main straight and the amazing esses, but full course trumps that for sure even in a low-powered Fit. Why am I posting this here, well J's will be putting their new GK to work at the event.

Theirs has been completed gutted, seam welded and cage welded in as well. It should be quite good when it comes to handling. I'm not sure if they went with the Crux or Ohlins sussy setup on it though.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by okayhoang
Maybe this will convince you a bit.

Wow, I love that.

I don't mind the rear reflectors at all, not something that stands out when I look at it. The upgraded interior is more than enough reason for me to like the GK

Old 02-20-2014, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
I was supposed to be going over to Suzuka for a J's event on the 25th, but being the only network guy on site and moves of the higher ups of the company, I had to cancel and miss a chance to go full tilt on the beautiful full course Suzuka. Suzuka East I've done which involves the main straight and the amazing esses, but full course trumps that for sure even in a low-powered Fit. Why am I posting this here, well J's will be putting their new GK to work at the event.

Theirs has been completed gutted, seam welded and cage welded in as well. It should be quite good when it comes to handling. I'm not sure if they went with the Crux or Ohlins sussy setup on it though.
putting any car thru the paces on a real roadcoarse track is soooo addicting, i'm sure one day you'll have a chance at the full coarse, I wish you guys that have seen fits in person would snap pics and post them in any stage as we are still a couple months out from getting ours on the ground, i'd like to see a plain jane one in different colors just to see what you start with over there.
as mentioned above it might take time to grow on some of us, I myself ordered a 2007 fit sport in 2006 without really seeing what this site had to show because it hadn't blown up yet, and when I took possession of my 07 I really didn't like quite a lot as I had bought it because I needed a DD and I worked at Honda in the parts department, so I got a decent deal on any car and I wanted a basic car to DD - THEN I drove it and fell in love within weeks I had lowered it and done several other cosmetic things to it and it didn't take long seeing everyday for the things I hadn't really liked to grow on me, then pretty soon the GE came out and I hated the huge front wing window and the stretch Honda had seemed to put on it, but I bought one anyway. then they offered the mugen stuff and as I added a lot of it, it too started growing on me, I remember making decals to take to a SoCal fit meet and having to make them resemble our longer bumpers and I hated it. but after awhile and seeing our USDM fits from different perspectives I once again got to the point that I couldn't understand how anyone wouldn't WANT to buy a fit if they were in the market for a new car, ANY CAR!
Well now the GK is on it's way and I once again I will eventually pick one up as I am a sucker for usability, and MPG, I don't love everything Honda does, buy I like to think I understand why they do what the do, and they make a shit ton of green in the procress. their (Honda's) time will come full circle again and we might just be seeing the beginning as we speak with all the current new and refreshed model in the market now

Quick Reply: The one thing on the new fit that just won't grow on me...