Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Do you will like to change your FIT for the NEW 2015 model??? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/81447-do-you-will-like-change-your-fit-new-2015-model.html)

StormSurfer 02-23-2014 11:45 PM

Do you will like to change your FIT for the NEW 2015 model???

Hi to ALL FF members.It had be time that all of us had enjoy and love(or maybe not love)the Honda FIT from 2007 to 2014.Many of us had have a great time with our FITs.I'm loving mine for so many reasons.Loving the cargo space area,the fuel economy,is a fun to drive car,easy to park in tight spaces and maybe a lot of reasons from all of us.I went to my local Honda dealer and ask when the new FIT will be in the streets.They told me from the end of March or the first or second week of April.I'm really want to see this new FIT in person.Is the only way if i will like it or not.A picture or a video from You-tube is not enough.For me i think that the ALL NEW 2015 Honda FIT will be a HIT.We are going to see a lot of them in the streets in this year.Maybe for ALL of us it will be a GOOD chance to change ours FITs and grab the new 2015 model.In my case i will keep my 2010.I'm happy and glad with my GE8.Like the title said....Do you my friend will like to change your FIT for the new 2015 model???If YES or NO...Why???Let see what all members will like to said...:popc:

spreadhead 02-24-2014 09:00 AM

Plenty of miles left on my '07. It's got 150K miles. Would not want one of the "first ones out of the chute" for a new model from a new assembly plant. Will probably get a new Fit when the time comes, but not yet.

StormSurfer 02-24-2014 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by spreadhead (Post 1224421)
Plenty of miles left on my '07. It's got 150K miles. Would not want one of the "first ones out of the chute" for a new model from a new assembly plant. Will probably get a new Fit when the time comes, but not yet.

Hi spreadhead...My wife has the 2007 Honda Fit Sport and she still love the car.It had 94k...:).I understand your point in not buying the first ones coming out.You have a GOOD point there.I think is very important that the first lot most come out with no issues and also with no "small" problems of production on the car.They must have no recalls to be a GOOD HIT if they want to sell a lot of them.If you have the chance to buy it my friend i hope you enjoy it :vtec:.I was thinking....Who will be the first US citizen to buy one???Maybe one from the forum...:).

alanchan 02-24-2014 11:56 AM

Definitely will buy the new one
got to move on with new technology and plan for the future

mike410b 02-24-2014 01:19 PM

I sat in a 2015 at a recent auto show, its worlds nicer than both the GD and GE, it is also better on gas.

The only flaw? Its still horrifically uncomfortable and the rear seat is now unusable for anyone 5'11" or taller, yes it has more legroom but at the sacrifice of any headroom.

ncoflin 02-24-2014 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1224445)
I sat in a 2015 at a recent auto show, its worlds nicer than both the GD and GE, it is also better on gas.

The only flaw? Its still horrifically uncomfortable and the rear seat is now unusable for anyone 5'11" or taller, yes it has more legroom but at the sacrifice of any headroom.

Yeah I was wondering about the headroom of the new FIT. Since it looks noticeably shorter than previous versions...I thought that may be a problem. If this turns out to be true, it's kind of a shame.

mike410b 02-24-2014 05:16 PM

Height is not the issue, its the position of the rear seat, its shifted further towards the rear and in my case, places my head at exactly the point where the roofline begins to drop.

Thus, no headroom for me and I'm only 6' tall.

ikutoisahobo 02-24-2014 06:23 PM

The new Fit. I just can't imagine myself in it, it's just not for me. Wayyyyy too hefty looking.

Waiz 02-24-2014 06:56 PM

I won't be upgrading to the GK, I plan on keeping the GE for as long as I can and just upgrading things as I need to in order to keep me interested :thumbups:

patm95 02-24-2014 08:15 PM

I'd definitely like to get the'15 Fit, but I just can't justify it. My Fit has given me 5 years of trouble free service and I couldn't justify trading it in and paying probably a 10k difference to upgrade when I have at least another 5 years left in my car.

GTRPLYR 02-24-2014 10:40 PM

It just wouldn't be financially responsible for me to upgrade my 2012 Fit at this point with only 13K on it. Just getting the engine broke in and love it as much as the day I bought it.

However I will be reading with interest about the experiences of those who buy the new 2015. No doubt it will be a nice car with some nice upgrades over the GE but I'll sit tight and observe for awhile. :vtec:

MTLian 02-25-2014 12:15 AM

I got 55k miles on my Fit sport. Bought new winter tyres and summer tires this year. It's in perfect condition and has all the sweet upgrades: clazzios, dead pedal, remote start. Plus mine is made in Japan, rather than Mexico or China. Why mess with perfection :) ?

I'm more interested in a Fit EV. My next car will be an electric. Hopefully in the near future I will win the lottery and buy a Tesla lol

FIT4LIFE 02-25-2014 01:07 AM

I'm assuming you sat in the driver's seat? That was "horrifically uncomfortable"? It appears in the all-new '15 Fit you sit somewhat lower in the front compared with the GE. In the GE you feel like you're perched on top of the driver's seat instead of sitting in the seat.

I have a feeling some of the folks here saying they'll stick with what they have just might be changing there tune once they see the '15 Fit in person and test drive it. Everything about it seems A+++. We'll see in the next several weeks.

mike410b 02-25-2014 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by FIT4LIFE (Post 1224516)
I'm assuming you sat in the driver's seat? That was "horrifically uncomfortable"? It appears in the all-new '15 Fit you sit somewhat lower in the front compared with the GE. In the GE you feel like you're perched on top of the driver's seat instead of sitting in the seat.

I have a feeling some of the folks here saying they'll stick with what they have just might be changing there tune once they see the '15 Fit in person and test drive it. Everything about it seems A+++. We'll see in the next several weeks.

I still felt like I was sitting on the car, not in it.

As usual with Fits, the seats were junk, I sat in the car for about 3 minutes, already started to get the back ache that takes my GD about 30 minutes to provide (it takes about 1.5 hours for a GE to get to that back pain stage).

SR45 02-25-2014 09:09 AM

2011 Fit for me, and I'm 6' 3". The rear seats ar just fine, with good headroom/leg room. Will be getting the 2015 Fit with even better rear leg room, leather and all those bells and whistles.

ncoflin 02-25-2014 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by MTLian (Post 1224511)
Plus mine is made in Japan, rather than Mexico or China. Why mess with perfection :) ?

I really wonder how much is truly to the whole "made in Japan, so it's better" mind set a lot of people seem to have. Are there any statistics that show cars made by Euro/Japanese companies outside of their home countries really fair any worse in craftsmanship or reliability?

FIT4LIFE 02-25-2014 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by ncoflin (Post 1224537)
I really wonder how much is truly to the whole "made in Japan, so it's better" mind set a lot of people seem to have. Are there any statistics that show cars made by Euro/Japanese companies outside of their home countries really fair any worse in craftsmanship or reliability?

This is and old perception issue. There was a time (many, many years ago) that cars manufactured in Mexico might have been slightly inferior to cars made in other countries. I think most people zero in on VW products, most of which are made in Mexico for American consumption. Jetta's are not known for being very reliable for example but this is a VW issue and not a country of manufacture issue. I know of lots of VW's and Audi's manufactured in Germany that are an absolute nightmare. The new Honda Celaya facility is a world class plant and will produce world class Honda vehicles.

Wanderer. 02-25-2014 01:26 PM

No. I've already got a bond going on with this one and like the simplicity. Perfect for me, I feel no need for a change.

mike410b 02-25-2014 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by SR45 (Post 1224525)
2011 Fit for me, and I'm 6' 3". The rear seats ar just fine, with good headroom/leg room. Will be getting the 2015 Fit with even better rear leg room, leather and all those bells and whistles.

You just completely missed the point of my post.

Yes, the '15 Fit has more rear legroom, however unless you have the torso of someone who is about 5'8", you won't have ANY headroom.

kenchan 02-25-2014 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by alanchan (Post 1224432)
Definitely will buy the new one
got to move on with new technology and plan for the future

is the new fits really THAT much advanced? kinda hard to believe. can't you just get a new HU with BT and everything to update your car to 2014/2015?