3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Autoweek's Unglowing REview - 2015 Fit

Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Autoweek's Unglowing REview - 2015 Fit, plus Cabin review

Knew that the CVT would be not my bag to purchase but their take on the M/T is not glowing. Guess I'll have to live with my decision.

Read the articles:
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140409/CARREVIEWS/140409876
or try this
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us (thanks to snowmany)

Gas 2 | Bridging the gap between green heads and gear heads.

Objectively written drawing their firm conclusions. Can't wait for Accordguyintake's review and the Motorweek review on Velocity channel later this month.

Wouldn't mind the light clutch but the "as is the six-speed's action" - oh no!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-09-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:29 PM
It looks great to me! The trunk looks ginourmous but I'm assuming it's the photo distorting it. Can't wait to check it out- practical, fuel efficient, affordable. Yes, that means a bit less exciting to drive but so much more uses.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina
It looks great to me! ......Yes, that means a bit less exciting to drive but so much more uses.
That's a positive attitude that keeps us future GK drivers going.

Keep 'em comin!!!!!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
The trunk is smaller on the GK than in the GD/GE.

They stole space from it in order to add that 'miraculous' extra rear leg room. I'm still unsure as to who benefits from that extra space, if my 6'4" brother can sit behind my 6'3" dad for 13 hours in a GE without issue...who really needs 4.5 more inches of legroom?

As for the review, it looks like Honda has finally injected their post 2000 soulessness into the Fit. Good job Honda, you've built yet another loser!

Old 04-08-2014, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Boy, I did not get the negativity out of that review that is reflected here. It starts off by saying the fit is one of their favorite small car. While the review lacks any specific performance or dynamic measures, it really only criticizes wind noise at hwy speed. All in all a rather thin commentary, but not what I would call a bad review.

Last edited by TCroly; 04-08-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:03 PM
If I'm correct, some of these auto mag's of yesteryear have given the older Fits a lower not so fun noisy engine, and wind comments, so I just ignore them until I test drive one this Friday at my dealership. The interior colors I have now learned are gray or black just like the ones today, except a different pattern for the cloth and sold back for the Leather.

Old 04-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Well, no way to please everybody. Personally I did not like the look of the previous gen Fit's and I really like this one. Maybe I have no soul

Old 04-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Anyone just click on that link for the review again and now its missing ? Or is it just me

Old 04-08-2014, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
thank goodness Honda finally used their brains and stole room from the cargo area to provide more leg room for human beings. Gee, just what we needed all these years was tons of cubic feet to carry our umbrella. That's about the same logic as to why people feel the need to drive a Suburban around. All that room for one person is ridiculous. It just amazes me how families of 5 or 6 got around in the 60's and 70's with just an ordinary station wagon. Thanks Honda and Subaru for finally getting it. When I need cargo room, I'll put the seats down. For the 95% of the time cargo capacity is not used, I'm sure my umbrella will be just fine in the smaller cargo space of the 2015 Fit.

Old 04-08-2014, 04:43 PM
I agree with Mike for sure on this one... I haven't had anyone in the back seats that needed more leg room, and the first comment is always "wow there's a lot of room back here for a small car". This is GE anyway idk about GD.

I'd be pissed if the trunk area was any smaller than it is now. I can barely fit decent sized suitcases laying down in there as it is. For a party of four it's already a bit of a hassle fitting luggage.

Article doesn't come up for me either. Honda probably called the magazine and threw money at them

Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
There wasn't really anything ground-breaking said in the pulled article. Some basic vehicle praise, but light clutch / light shifter, want engagement feedback.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
The one area where more back seat legroom will be great is when using a car seat for small children. My 4 year old in his car seat is a little cramped even with the front seats up further than normal, but the car seat is one of the larger ones.

-Dustin

Old 04-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I'd be pissed if the trunk area was any smaller than it is now. I can barely fit decent sized suitcases laying down in there as it is. For a party of four it's already a bit of a hassle fitting luggage.
If you looked at the trunk space in a lot of the other subcompact hatchbacks out there you would freak the flip out!

I just think the intention of a vehicle like the Fit is for cruising around town, maybe with a couple friends. So added legroom even if it isn't needed, just for the feel of more space, makes sense.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR45
Anyone just click on that link for the review again and now its missing ? Or is it just me
"the article cannot be found" was all I could see.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
I agree with Mike for sure on this one... I haven't had anyone in the back seats that needed more leg room, and the first comment is always "wow there's a lot of room back here for a small car". This is GE anyway idk about GD.

Article doesn't come up for me either. Honda probably called the magazine and threw money at them
GD is pretty much the same as the GE as far as cargo/rear seat space is concerned.

GK is inferior to both as far as rear headroom and trunk space are concerned.

Will not consider as future boring daily.

Originally Posted by TCroly
Boy, I did not get the negativity out of that review that is reflected here. It starts off by saying the fit is one of their favorite small car. While the review lacks any specific performance or dynamic measures, it really only criticizes wind noise at hwy speed. All in all a rather thin commentary, but not what I would call a bad review.
Neither the CVT or 6MT rated highly. The MT has always been Honda's greatest ally.

The steering was criticized.

The wind noise was pointed out.

Wind noise is a given in the old Fits, in this new more boring Fit its inexcusable.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Link is gone??????

Anyone just click on that link for the review......now its missing ?...........
Just checked Autoweek link and its missing. Probably Honda PR got a hold of Autoweek to inform them that the article was released prior to the embargo??????? (could be reposted later at 12am)
At least a few of us here know what one magazine thinks.
We should be bombarded tomrw by tons of articles.

The editorial that should matter to us the most will be accordguyintake's as he is a bonafide Fit owner, modder, FFreak and contributor. His critique will be from the heart!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mike410b
......GK is inferior to both......Will not consider as future boring daily.
Neither the CVT or 6MT rated highly.............wind noise...its inexcusable.
Inferior, could be.
Boring, possible.
Both trannys not highly rated, subjective.
Wind noise, definitely inexcusable.

Accordguyintake! Your REVIEW???? BRING IT ON!!!!!!! Give us the truth from the eyes of a full-fledged FITFREAK!!!!!
PLEASE POST IT 12am EST!!!!!!!!!! Technically, that should address embargo issues.

Just got off the phone with my dealer to finalize my order and finally decided to spec-down my GK to an LX. Have convinced myself to live without the perimeter entry/push button start. Will just buy a factory push/button and retrofit it myself later. Am just too cheap to pay the extra for a sunroof and alloys which I will never make full use off. Looks like it won't be delivered till July/Aug.

In the meantime, will be totally entertained reading all the comments from all you knowledgeable folks!!!!!!

UPDATE: Added other link on the first post giving impressions on the interior. Check it out.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-08-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Knew that the CVT would be not my bag to purchase but their take on the M/T is not glowing. Guess I'll have to live with my decision.

Read the article:
2015 Honda Fit road test, review, driving impressions, price and photo gallery - Autoweek

Objectively written drawing their firm conclusions. Can't wait for Accordguyintake's review and the Motorweek review on Velocity channel later this month.

Wouldn't mind the light clutch but the "as is the six-speed's action" - oh no!!!
Did they just kill the link? It's not working now

Old 04-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I had a 2011 Fit, and though I could sit in the back seat all right, the extra 4 1/2 inches will be welcomed, to be even more comfortable with long legs. Wind noise, well, the 2011 Fit was tolerable, but this new model should be better. Unknown if the writer on that Autoweek article took a reading of the noise level compared to the 2013 Fit or not, but that is not an issue for me. The offset collision test is important and looking forward to the results.

This new Fit is better looking to me, has a ton of safety features ( Well, not a ton ), has Honda quality, good gas mileage. This is a econo vehicle, so anyone does not want that should look else where.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Please note, I said inferior in terms of rear seat head room and cargo space, not as a whole. I've got no opinion on driving dynamics, I haven't driven one and likely won't for a long while.

Old 04-08-2014, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
I had a 2011 Fit, and though I could sit in the back seat all right, the extra 4 1/2 inches will be welcomed, to be even more comfortable with long legs. Wind noise, well, the 2011 Fit was tolerable, but this new model should be better. Unknown if the writer on that Autoweek article took a reading of the noise level compared to the 2013 Fit or not, but that is not an issue for me. The offset collision test is important and looking forward to the results.

This new Fit is better looking to me, has a ton of safety features ( Well, not a ton ), has Honda quality, good gas mileage. This is a econo vehicle, so anyone does not want that should look else where.
Not a lot of Honda quality though. It's built in Mexico. Not that it matters but it's nice knowing your car was built in the same country as the manufacturer. Better fit and finish imo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autoweek's Unglowing REview - 2015 Fit