Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Honda GK,GK3 and GK5...Any change on them??? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/82259-honda-gk-gk3-gk5-any-change-them.html)

StormSurfer 04-23-2014 01:11 PM

Honda FIT/JAZZ GK,GK3 and GK5...Any change on them???

Hi there to ALL FF members.We ALL know that the Fit 07-08 is the GD,the Fit 09-14 is the GE8 and NOW the Fit '15 is the GK.I was asking myself... Does the letters and numbers means something special(maybe no maybe yes)?I found that it looks that there are 3 different GK...GK,GK3 and GK5....Is this because the engine specs???:rolleyes:.Maybe some friend here from the forum can explain and help us to understand it better because i really don't know...:iough:

shakedown94 04-23-2014 03:13 PM

If it is like alot of Honda designations, then gk is the chassis and the numbe is the trim. ie ek4 was their bottom line civic hatch w/ the B16A and ek9 was the type r w/ the B16B

TCroly 04-23-2014 03:26 PM

Here are the car codes for the third generation Fit
GK5=third generation Fit
H = CVT
G = 6 speed manual transmission
5 = LX trim level
8 = EX trim level

So the different VIN codes for the 3rd generation Fit are:
GK5G5 = LX 6MT
GK5H5 = LX CVT
GK5G8 = EX 6MT
GK5H8 = EX CVT

So a whole VIN looks like this:
3HGGK5H88 FM701456
The first digit (3) indicates the country where the car was assembled in this case 3 means Mexico
the second digit (H) indicates the manufacturer in this case Honda
The third digit (G) indicates this is a passenger car
The next 3 digits indicate the model in this case the GK5 means 3rd generation Fit
The H after the model means CVT transmission
The 8 after the transmission digit means it is an LX
The next 8 is called a "check digit" that is used in a mathematical formula using the other digits to verify that a VIN is correct.
The F indicates the year in this case 2015
The M indicates the specific manufacturing plant in this case Celaya Mexico
The 7 indicates it is a car for the US market
The last 5 digits are the sequential production number

So you see, you can learn allot about a car from the VIN.
There is no VIN digit to indicate for the paint color or leather interior.

StormSurfer 04-23-2014 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by shakedown94 (Post 1234239)
If it is like alot of Honda designations, then gk is the chassis and the numbe is the trim. ie ek4 was their bottom line civic hatch w/ the B16A and ek9 was the type r w/ the B16B

Hi there shakedown94.Welcome to FF.Thanks for the help.This is your first writing here on FF...Cool.I really don't know much about Honda engines and specs BUT i like and love my Honda Fit.I had add you to my friend list.I hope you can make a lot of new friends around here in FF.They are GREAT people.They like to help and always you can count of them.What year is your Fit???

StormSurfer 04-23-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TCroly (Post 1234241)
GK5=third generation Fit
H = CVT
5 = LX trim level
8 = EX trim level

GK5G5 = LX 6MT
GK5H5 = LX CVT
GK5G8 = EX 6MT
GK5H8 = EX CVT

3HGGK5H88 FM701456
The first digit (3) indicates the country where the car was assembled in this case 3 means Mexico
The next 3 digits indicate the model in this case the GK5 means 3rd generation Fit
The next 8 is called a "check digit" that is used in a mathematical formula using the other digits to verify that a VIN is correct.

Hi there TCroly.Thanks...I know it means something ALL the letters and numbers.This is GREAT...I'm learning.You see...There is no silly questions here.I think a lot of people don't really know about the meaning of each letter and number of any car.Cool information.Thanks again for the GOOD help my friend.Mahalo TCroly...:).Rep send...:)

shakedown94 04-23-2014 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by StormSurfer (Post 1234242)
Hi there shakedown94.Welcome to FF.Thanks for the help.This is your first writing here on FF...Cool.I really don't know much about Honda engines and specs BUT i like and love my Honda Fit.I had add you to my friend list.I hope you can make a lot of new friends around here in FF.They are GREAT people.They like to help and always you can count of them.What year is your Fit???

Thanks.
I am a long time Honda guy that stepped away. 1st car was used 1980 Civic hatch and have owned 5 others since then. But seriously looking at FIT. I am driving a 2012 accent 5 door 6 spd now. Readyto come back w/ the improvements on the GK. Will be looking to get a LX 6spd and doing intake/exhaust/suspension mods.

StormSurfer 04-23-2014 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by shakedown94 (Post 1234252)
Thanks.
I am a long time Honda guy that stepped away. 1st car was used 1980 Civic hatch and have owned 5 others since then. But seriously looking at FIT. I am driving a 2012 accent 5 door 6 spd now. Readyto come back w/ the improvements on the GK. Will be looking to get a LX 6spd and doing intake/exhaust/suspension mods.

Nice...I will keep a eye on your new '15 LX.Any color preference???

shakedown94 04-23-2014 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by StormSurfer (Post 1234254)
Nice...I will keep a eye on your new '15 LX.Any color preference???

dark gray, red, blue

StormSurfer 04-23-2014 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by shakedown94 (Post 1234262)
dark gray, red, blue

In White it look SUPER with black rims...:bowdown:.

http://www.noblesse-japan.com/20131207blog.jpg

It look that the owner install a black stripe down below the doors and remove the side skirts when he install it.This new body style looks really nice.Crazy to see them with a drop and with mods in the street :vtec:.

BrianKearsey 04-25-2014 02:46 AM

GK5=third generation Fit
H = CVT
5 = LX trim level
8 = EX trim level

GK5G5 = LX 6MT
GK5H5 = LX CVT
GK5G8 = EX 6MT
GK5H8 = EX CVT

3HGGK5H88 FM701456

Can you tell me what all the digits mean for my VIN as the digits you listed a few don't seem to make sense
VIN = JHMGE67509S215242
I'm guessing
J = Japan
H = Honda
M = ?
GE6 = (I know it is 2nd gen, but why the 6 and not 8)
As for the rest of the digits, can you explain (Please)

TCroly 04-25-2014 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by BrianKearsey (Post 1234489)
Can you tell me what all the digits mean for my VIN as the digits you listed a few don't seem to make sense
VIN = JHMGE67509S215242
I'm guessing
J = Japan
H = Honda
M = ?
GE6 = (I know it is 2nd gen, but why the 6 and not 8)
As for the rest of the digits, can you explain (Please)

The car is a Canadian car based on the 2 preceding the sequential production number and perhaps Canada has a unique model that is different from the base and sport US models, DX, LX in Canada, but it really seems like it should be GE8 instead of a GE6. The M is a passenger car manufactured in Japan

If it was a GE8 then it computes to being a Canadian LX manual transmission car manufactured in Japan.

BrianKearsey 04-25-2014 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by TCroly (Post 1234498)
The car is a Canadian car based on the 2 preceding the sequential production number and perhaps Canada has a unique model that is different from the base and sport US models, DX, LX in Canada, but it really seems like it should be GE8 instead of a GE6. The M is a passenger car manufactured in Japan

If it was a GE8 then it computes to being a Canadian LX manual transmission car manufactured in Japan.

Ok, the car I have is in South Africa, and they come from Japan. it is a 1.3L Base (or LX) manual, entry level is it possible that the GE6 is for the 1.3L and GE8 is the 1.5L

simonx314 07-16-2014 11:02 AM

I just bought a Fit on Monday and the VIN ends with 1056x. (I'm obscuring the last digit with an x for some reason)

Does that mean 10,500 2015 Fits have been manufactured? I presume this is the count of just the Fits made by the Mexico plant, not world wide.

Goobers 07-16-2014 05:40 PM

GK5=third generation Fit
H = CVT
5 = LX trim level
8 = EX trim level

GK5G5 = LX 6MT
GK5H5 = LX CVT
GK5G8 = EX 6MT
GK5H8 = EX CVT

3HGGK5H88 FM701456

slight bit of conflict in the info there...

Originally Posted by simonx314 (Post 1249964)
I just bought a Fit on Monday and the VIN ends with 1056x. (I'm obscuring the last digit with an x for some reason)

Does that mean 10,500 2015 Fits have been manufactured? I presume this is the count of just the Fits made by the Mexico plant, not world wide.

At least that many. By the time you get yours, there would've already been more made.

As for the running count being limited to just the Mexico plant... I'm not sure, but it's probable.

Tonyride 06-21-2018 09:39 AM

GK5=third generation Fit
H = CVT
5 = LX trim level
8 = EX trim level

GK5G5 = LX 6MT
GK5H5 = LX CVT
GK5G8 = EX 6MT
GK5H8 = EX CVT

3HGGK5H88 FM701456

In the VIN for my 2015 that highlighted #8 check digit is a "9". Should I be concerned about that? We just bought the car CFO from a Honda dealer.

Uncle Gary 06-21-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyride (Post 1403159)
In the VIN for my 2015 that highlighted #8 check digit is a "9". Should I be concerned about that? We just bought the car CFO from a Honda dealer.

the check digit can be any number 0-9. It just happens to be an “8” in the example shown.

Tonyride 06-21-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary (Post 1403181)

the check digit can be any number 0-9. It just happens to be an “8” in the example shown.

OK, thanks.