Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   2015 Honda Fit Price Quotes (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/82353-2015-honda-fit-price-quotes.html)

AustinDriver 05-01-2014 10:39 AM

2015 Honda Fit Price Quotes

I've been talking to 3 different dealerships in my area (Central Texas) about getting a new CVT EX. They all claim the cars are on the way and should be on their lot in the next week.

Not sure if anyone would find this info helpful in some way, but I thought some folks here might be curious as to the pricing that is being quoted. No real surprises here, they are all starting with MSRP. I don't expect much wiggle room there.

So, for what its worth, here is how it's broken down so far (exactly as they sent them to me). I'd be curious to hear from anyone else who has gotten price quotes.

DEALERSHIP #1: $19,025 (which is obviously MSRP + destination)
6.25% tax
Roughly $300 for tax/title/license/fees/
.2052% dealer's inventory tax
TOTAL PRICE: Roughly $20,553

DEALERSHIP #2: $18,235 (which is obviously MSRP)
2015 Fit Ex CVT $ 18,235.00

Destination & handling $ 790.00
Dealer inventory Tax $ 43.76
Sales Tax $ 1,189.06
License Fee $ 69.25
Title Fee $ 33.00
Inspection Fee $ 23.75
Document Fee $ 125.00
TOTAL PRICE $ 20,508.82

DEALERSHIP #3: $19,025 (which is obviously MSRP + destination)
State Sales Tax $ 1,189
Inventory Tax $ 43
License, Title, etc $ 136
Doc Fee $ 125
TOTAL PRICE $20,518

exl500 05-01-2014 10:43 AM

Thanks. This is very helpful.

ADVphotography 05-01-2014 10:55 AM

Great thread idea. My wife and I are going to be checking out a couple dealerships in the Seattle area once they finally arrive. I'll post our pricing quotes once we get them.

AustinDriver 05-01-2014 11:14 AM

Unless something unforeseen happens during my test drive, I plan on buying on EX CVT pretty much as soon as they arrive
(assuming I can get a color I want without added dealer options).

Once I do I'll make sure to post up my final price breakdown.

I was really hoping to keep the first digit to a one... but I'm guessing that probably won't happen.

SR45 05-01-2014 12:20 PM

With the fee's, and taxes you posted, we here in Florida pay for the following on our new car purchase:

(nothing arrived yet in my area)

1. 7 % tax
2. Registration $150.00
3. Battery, and tire fee's $8.50
4. Government stamps fee $43.75
5. Pre delivery & profit $699.00 - Just went up from $599.00 last year (Have to fight this)
6. Lic plate or transfer of plate fee $150.00
7. Motor Veh WEA ? $2.00
8. Private Tag Fee $55.00

Too many fee's and other garbage

tommycrx 05-01-2014 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by SR45 (Post 1235426)
With the fee's, and taxes you posted, we here in Florida pay for the following on our new car purchase:
1. 7 % tax
2. Registration $150.00
3. Battery, and tire fee's $8.50
4. Government stamps fee $43.75
5. Pre delivery & profit $699.00 - Just went up from $599.00 last year (Have to fight this)
6. Lic plate or transfer of plate fee $150.00
7. Motor Veh WEA ? $2.00
8. Private Tag Fee $55.00
Too many fee's and other garbage

Feel free to pay state income taxes, then. :p You're feeding the machine the same as other states, just in a different way.

TCroly 05-01-2014 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by AustinDriver (Post 1235407)

DEALERSHIP #1: $19,025 (which is obviously MSRP + destination)
6.25% tax
Roughly $300 for tax/title/license/fees/
.2052% dealer's inventory tax
TOTAL PRICE: Roughly $20,553

DEALERSHIP #2: $18,235 (which is obviously MSRP)
2015 Fit Ex CVT $ 18,235.00

Destination & handling $ 790.00
Dealer inventory Tax $ 43.76
Sales Tax $ 1,189.06
License Fee $ 69.25
Title Fee $ 33.00
Inspection Fee $ 23.75
Document Fee $ 125.00
TOTAL PRICE $ 20,508.82

DEALERSHIP #3: $19,025 (which is obviously MSRP + destination)
State Sales Tax $ 1,189
Inventory Tax $ 43
License, Title, etc $ 136
Doc Fee $ 125
TOTAL PRICE $20,518

It is always interesting to see how car dealers attempt to mislead their customers about fees. The inventory tax that each of these dealers is passing on in these transactions is a property tax on his business. It is not a tax on the sale of a car. It really is not the obligation of a vehicle purchaser to pay this tax. But I can see from the fact that all 3 dealers are showing this tax, that it has become convention in Texas to ask the purchaser to pay this portion of the dealer's cost of doing business. It would be similar to the dealer charging a lot space tax equivalent to the property tax that is paid on the portion of the lot that the car was sitting on during the time it was in inventory.

Now ever dealer has the right to make a profit and nothing says that they have to sell cars at MSRP. It. Is up to them to set the price at whatever they want. And a fee like State and County Sales tax that is levied on the buyer is a valid fee, but sone of the things they come up with and try to pass off as "mandatory or government mandated Fees" are really just creative deception. That having been said, all three of these dealers are playing straight with you. Any one of these is a fair deal on a new model.

sooznd 05-01-2014 03:08 PM

The prices from all 3 dealers are within $50 of each other... I would buy from the dealer with the best reputation

exl500 05-01-2014 04:09 PM

SR45, especially helpful to me as I may be buying as your neighbor. I'll see what I can do here in NYC registered to a FL address and compare. I'm getting conflicting advice as to whether I'd pay the NY or FL sales tax.

Thanks!

MontrealBagel 05-01-2014 04:44 PM

Since they will be producing so much more of these 3rd gen Fits, and for cheaper too at the new Honda plant in Mexico, do you think dealers will be more flexible in the negotiation process in comparison to the last generation model? I understand that Honda couldn't keep up with demand with the last generation Fits so they were being sold pretty close to MSRP.

Do you think there will be quality issues due to the use of this new plant? I don't think it will be a problem because I read that almost everything is built by robots these days. Were there issues back when Honda first started building their cars in the US?

By the way, thank you guys for being early adopters. I had really bad luck with my last 2 Honda purchases and don't want to make that mistake again! I bought a 7th gen Civic and then an 8th gen Accord, both of which are known to be pretty crappy cars compared to other Hondas. I think one of the guys who designed the Fit mentioned the 8th gen Accord along with the 2012 Civic as examples of Honda's most recent design failures. I am 99% sure that the 3rd gen Fit will be my next car but I don't plan on getting it until they come out with a refresh, and hopefully by then we will know about any reliability issues that could come up.

SR45 05-01-2014 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1235451)
SR45, especially helpful to me as I may be buying as your neighbor. I'll see what I can do here in NYC registered to a FL address and compare. I'm getting conflicting advice as to whether I'd pay the NY or FL sales tax.

Thanks!

Interesting question about registration....

If you have a Florida address, but purchase anything in NYC, including a car, I would assume it would be taxed in NYC, but I could be wrong. Good luck with that one

One thing you might not want to hear is that once you get a Florida drivers lic for the first time, you will be paying out the nose, unless of course, NY is higher, which it might :(

patm95 05-01-2014 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by SR45 (Post 1235462)
Interesting question about registration....

If you have a Florida address, but purchase anything in NYC, including a car, I would assume it would be taxed in NYC, but I could be wrong. Good luck with that one

One thing you might not want to hear is that once you get a Florida drivers lic for the first time, you will be paying out the nose, unless of course, NY is higher, which it might :(

I bought a car in Missouri recently, but I live and the car is registered in IL. I had to pay Illinois sales tax.

SR45 05-01-2014 07:22 PM

Here is a photo from True Car site and its shows a 3.9% cost above MSRP. Of course that is just a guess I think. I would never pay above MSRP on a Fit. If they do, I will be looking at the 2015 Buick Encore instead :rotfl: I bought a 2013 EX-Nav honda civic for about $24,800 out the door, tax, lic, fee's etc

[IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...psb268a94d.png[/IMG]

KenBT 05-01-2014 07:40 PM

Still amazed a person will actually pay as much as "3.9% above MSRP"- I haven't decided if I will get one but I have asked two local Southern California Honda- General Manager's that I know and for me- they both emailed and texted to me- they would sell it at their "cost" (EX-L NAV) once it hit their lots.

exl500 05-01-2014 08:48 PM

SR45, the rep at the NY auto show said I'd pay NY sales tax (assuming 8.25%), but a co-worker bought her Fiat in NY, registered it to NJ, and insists she paid NJ sales tax.

I agree with the rep and you, but more research required...

Paying out the nose for what? (I'm so clueless after 35 years of not owning a car.)

SR45 05-01-2014 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1235480)
SR45, the rep at the NY auto show said I'd pay NY sales tax (assuming 8.25%), but a co-worker bought her Fiat in NY, registered it to NJ, and insists she paid NJ sales tax.

Paying out the nose for what? (I'm so clueless after 35 years of not owning a car.)

For first timer's coming to Florida or kids/adults getting their lic, you pay a hefty price nowadays that we did not have years ago. Over $100 bucks I believe for lic/registration of your new car. Than it goes down a bit. Those with good driving records can have a florida lic for up to 9 years before renewal. Guess the State needs new revenues.

When you do get your lic, you will have to bring all kinds of documents to ID one self. You can make an appointment as well which is a good way in getting everything from the Motor veg department.

http://www.dmvflorida.org/drivers-license-fees.shtml

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dhsmv/newflres.html

xorbe 05-01-2014 10:25 PM

I read that TrueCar is actually set by dealers, like a no haggle offer. So it's actually the dealer asking over MSRP. Think about it, why else would a dealer honor the TrueCar price.

tommycrx 05-02-2014 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by exl500 (Post 1235480)

Ok, I'll tell you how the taxes should work (been in corporate tax since 94). The dealer from whom your co-worker bought the car collected the proper sales tax, as the car was to be registered in NJ, and forwarded that on to the state. Generally, dealerships that are in close proximity to another state will register themselves for sales taxes in both their state and the state(s) that are close, in order to facilitate easier sales for their customers.

Otherwise, your co-worker would have had to buy their Fiat in NY and pay NY taxes and registration, then go to the NJ DMV, re-register for NJ, and pay NJ sales tax (with a credit from NY). As NY is a higher sales tax state, the credit would have exceeded the amount of NJ sales tax required, meaning that she would have been screwing herself by paying more taxes than she needed to. The state in which her Fiat broke down while driving it home from the dealership doesn't matter. :p

This is all why it's best to buy the car in the state in which it will be registered, or at least use a dealer that can handle the paperwork appropriately. Otherwise, it will be a part-time job to sort out things til they're correct.

Now, if you're registering the car in another state to avoid high taxes/insurance, that's another issue, and generally to me, seems to be more of a PITA than the savings would justify.

exl500 05-02-2014 01:43 PM

Thanks everybody. Great advice.

snowmany 05-02-2014 09:14 PM

Got 3 quotes from Truecar for Fit LX manual (MSRP +$790 for shipping would be $16,315)

One for $16,061 and the other two were both $16,561.