3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by TCroly
........Honda has clearly failed in their initial marketing launch of the new Fit. They would not do this without good reason. Hopefully, all will be right......wait is killing me...my order is for a manual transmission car.........quite a bit longer.
Failed? Maybe in the eyes of us retail buyers. But as a company? Doubt it. These guys are masters in the marketing game. They have pushed the numbers and know how to play "catch-up" to achieve their year-end volume goals.

Case in point, your interpolation of produced cars is solely based on VIN's posted in dealer online inventory ads.

You've got to add additional volume at the three main ports that Honda has contracted namely: Port of Brunswick (GA), Port of Dainsville (Rhode Island) and Port of Baltimore (Maryland). A minimum of 10 acres at each port. (one acre holds 180 sub-compacts). That would equal an additional 5,400 vehicles that could be held in port inventory.

Takes a max of three weeks to clear 10 acres. From here the math works itself out. That should give them a total of 50k 2015 GK's from Mexico. Add that to the 2013 GE's sold since Jan. 2014, would get them close to the 70K they expect to sell for 2014.

The delay in actual release is killing many of us too, but in my case, have decided not to die over it. Am resigned to the fact that my M/T LX will be delivered by the end of Aug.

Thinking positive will make the wait more rewarding. Have enough grey hairs so don't need to provoke more!!!!

Old 05-12-2014, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by john21031
Drug cartels seized the factory and all of its inventories?
Drugs were found to be packed into airbags and cars are sitting at the border being "operated" on to remove meth and heroine?
THIS is hilarious!

Old 05-12-2014, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by warrsega
... For example Herb Chambers honda of Seekonk Mass shows eighteen fits on their site.
You might just file that with the usual reputation of the Chambers chain. Credibility does not seem to be a priority with Herb and his dealerships.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Approximately 3300 2013 Honda Fits remain unsold in the inventories of approximately 650 Dealers. They are presently selling at a rate of 117 cars per day, representing a 28 day supply.
Dealership here in Anchorage, AK only has 1 2013 left in stock.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
I am continuing to contact dealers to try to get a feel for when the twenty fifteen fit will come in. I received two emails today. Earnhardt honda say's ten to fifteen days. Duncan Honda say's the anticipate them coming in this week. Other members have said that they have put money down and are expecting them this week. I am surpised that there is not more activity on this post as I cannot be the only one who really wants to buy one of these new fits NOW. I need a new car bad as I am sharing one with my wife. She is getting mad because it is very inconvenient to share a car. C'mon Honda let them loose already!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
We'll be in the same position. We'll need a car straight away once we get to Florida round the end of June.

Where are you in FL? We'll be in Dunedin.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
I am down in Naples Florida just above the everglades.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Waiting and Waiting...

. I need a new car bad as I am sharing one with my wife. She is getting mad because it is very inconvenient to share a car. C'mon Honda let them loose already!
I'm in a similar situation. I keep telling my PREGNANT wife "1 more week" until your new car is finally out...of course I've been telling her that for over a month now. At least we are not at the car sharing stage yet. She still has her 92 Honda Accord but on its been on its last leg for far too long.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Dealer sales man who preordered the car for me just called me. Said that it was delayed due to the rain. I'm not sure that means its in the city, or if that was an excuse lol. We had flash flooding here today but it is already starting to clear up.

He said "a few more days". Not sure if car shipping is usually this sensitive. First a train "derails" and now a flash flood delays it further.

Who knows! I just want my car :P

Old 05-13-2014, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Emirii
Dealer sales man who preordered the car for me just called me. Said that it was delayed due to the rain. I'm not sure that means its in the city, or if that was an excuse lol. We had flash flooding here today but it is already starting to clear up.

He said "a few more days". Not sure if car shipping is usually this sensitive. First a train "derails" and now a flash flood delays it further.

Who knows! I just want my car :P
I do not know the reason for the one month delay but it is not rain!

The typical sales person bullshit. They have no problem making up and telling you anything. Again it continues to reinforce the car salesperson stereotype.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
....The typical sales person bullshit.....making up and telling you anything....car salesperson stereotype.
Totally correct and that's the reason people hate going to dealerships. Most of them are so similar in selling styles.

But its their livelihood, and no sale, means no food to bring home. The thing is, the lies, at times, too obvious, ya just feel like pouncing on them.

As the years move forward, can only hope that online car purchasing becomes the new norm. In the last 2 years, have closed 3 deals online, for one nephew ('13 Honda Fit - Boston), two sons ('13 BMW M3 - New Jersey and '13 Aprilia Shiver - San Francisco).

Hard to negotiate on a newly introduced car like the GK cause dealership staff are usually unaware of details until the cars are on the lot.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
Woot our local dealership no longer shows having the one 2013 Fit in stock online anymore. Bring on the new ones!!

Old 05-15-2014, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
Info from honda boss site yesterday.

2015 Fit Delay for U.S. Market

The third generation Honda Fit was supposed to go on sale in the U.S. in mid-April. However, logistical problems have delayed the first deliveries. It's now mid-May, and there are still no 2015 Fits at dealerships.

This is not surprising considering the RLX Hybrid, TLX, and next-gen Pilot have been delayed as well.

Here is sort-of official information from someone with connections to corporate Honda.

"Honda is now quoting the launch date as "Rolling". basically they're not committing to a launch date even though it was originally announced as 4/15/14.

I was told that they are working out some logistics kinks, getting the cars delivered from Celaya has apparently created a few more headaches than anticipated. There is one 2015 Fit currently in the media fleet for the southeast. I was told that they have VIN numbers for the other Fits that are destined for the fleet but no delivery dates as of yet. In the old days we'd get a few pre-production cars in the press fleets but now they seem to be using production cars to populate the press fleets, so they usually get here about the same time the first customer cars are available."

There have also been other interesting comments about the delay.

"Yesterday we actually had a new Fit unloaded - but the driver said there was a key problem, loaded it back on the truck and took it away!"
"Maybe they found a bottle of Cholula hot sauce in one of the door panels and it was causing a rattle. I guess Honda just wants to make sure that there are no more condiments leaving the facility in their new Fit's."
We're waiting, Honda. Not a bad thing, though. They are ensuring that their products are as perfect as possible before releasing them.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:13 PM

The third generation Honda Fit was supposed to go on sale in the U.S. in mid-April. However, logistical problems have delayed the first deliveries. It's now mid-May, and there are still no 2015 Fits at dealerships.

This is not surprising considering the RLX Hybrid, TLX, and next-gen Pilot have been delayed as well.

Here is sort-of official information from someone with connections to corporate Honda.

"Honda is now quoting the launch date as "Rolling". basically they're not committing to a launch date even though it was originally announced as 4/15/14.

I was told that they are working out some logistics kinks, getting the cars delivered from Celaya has apparently created a few more headaches than anticipated. There is one 2015 Fit currently in the media fleet for the southeast. I was told that they have VIN numbers for the other Fits that are destined for the fleet but no delivery dates as of yet. In the old days we'd get a few pre-production cars in the press fleets but now they seem to be using production cars to populate the press fleets, so they usually get here about the same time the first customer cars are available."

"Yesterday we actually had a new Fit unloaded - but the driver said there was a key problem, loaded it back on the truck and took it away!"
"Maybe they found a bottle of Cholula hot sauce in one of the door panels and it was causing a rattle. I guess Honda just wants to make sure that there are no more condiments leaving the facility in their new Fit's."
We're waiting, Honda. Not a bad thing, though. They are ensuring that their products are as perfect as possible before releasing them.
Is this gonna push back the Canadian release-date as well?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cmchan
Is this gonna push back the Canadian release-date as well?
What release date?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

The key quote is obviously from someone in the press, who is used to being able to call up their Honda rep and request a press car and quickly get it.

The Logistics reason for the delay is vague enough to mean anything. However, I was surprised to read the article about the Savannah, Georgia port being awarded the contract to handle the importing of Mexican made Fits two weeks after the official release date. This would indicate that the original transportation plan somehow fell thru. I also was a bit surprised to think that cargo ship would be the preferred shipping method for cars manufactured at an inland Mexican city.

Nevertheless, I would be more comforted to believe that transportation problems, rather than manufacturing problems, are the reason for the delay. But that still does not explain the cars that showed up at dealers and then got "taken back" by Honda. Or cars that are presently at dealers with a No Test drives yet restriction.

Last edited by TCroly; 05-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Dealer says...

On my visit to my local Honda dealer yesterday, I was told the Fit was pulled back due to a " pre delivery recall". Those were his words. No details, just that. He also said that the sales people were going to a training at the end of the month for the new Fit.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Cars taken back

Originally Posted by Anewfit
On my visit to my local Honda dealer yesterday, I was told the Fit was pulled back due to a " pre delivery recall". Those were his words. No details, just that. He also said that the sales people were going to a training at the end of the month for the new Fit.
He also confirmed that Fits had been delivered and then picked up by Honda. And common sense would allow that to mean a safety issue... Its not like Honda is going to pay to pick up cars on a semi, move them, just to repair something like a turn signal switch or a glove box lid...that a dealer could fix. And personally I think the rumor of incorrect window stickers is silly b/c new ones could be produced and overnighted to dealers at the store. A car picked up by a manufacturer is surely more serious than the above mentioned. But, props to Honda for doing it right! Our new Ford Focus had a front suspension rebuild at 2k miles, a new steering rack at about 5k and a junk transmission they wont fix...my 2013 Boss 302 had a clutch that would stick to the floor at 7000 rpm.... I imagine Honda is trying to avoid stupid mistakes like that.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah it doesn't look like I'll be getting mine this week after all.

So disappointing! But, alas, I will get it as soon as it arrives

Old 05-15-2014, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Yes it is depressing but then again as you probably heard GM had another recall today affecting 2.1 Million cars- so far this year- just in US alone the total amount of GM cars with any type of recall is 11+ Million

Quick Reply: Waiting for 2015 Honda Fit to go on sale?