3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Not gonna lie......killing me not knowing what parts will fit.............what wheels will fit.......my parts NOW........
Ain't gonna lie either, its been killing me longer!!! lol!!!!!!

Have been regularly check Tirerack, Carid, Discount Tire etc............. but have finally found a link to a retailer who is, specifically, supplying non-OEM wheels for the GK. Check it out.

16 inch custom wheels - RIMSnTIRES.com

For sure they are 4x100 (as informed to me by JapanTragic - he installed Advans on his Nippon GK RS). Now its confirmed that offset can range from 40 - 45. With that info. I'll be placing my order today once I determine the exact style.

Am after Enkei's too but the cheaper ones. Am sure your eyeing their racing series. Looking like your intended set-up is gonna be "HOT".

Happy shopping to both of us and the rest of this growing GK ownership family!!!

Old 06-14-2014, 01:24 PM
if i got one it would be a yellow lx 6spd
- OEM window visors
- OEM rear applique
- OEM rear deck cover
- rubber floor mats
- 16" wheels
- tint + front strip
- plastidip/wrap hood, roof, side mirrors and spoiler black
- replace the paper filter with something better
- debadge rear of car/remove dealer stickers

longer term stuff would be
- replace rear view mirror
- suspension, bushings, chassis stiffening
- civic si front seats if they fit
- short throw shifter
- retrofit headlights
- upgrade audio system

Last edited by itsmycookie; 06-14-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by itsmycookie
.........it would be a yellow lx 6spd........
Here's hoping that your forecasted purchase will materialize. Have learned so much from the modders of FF about all the various things that can be done to our FITS. Can't imagine why I never did a single thing to my GD (too cheap and too many debts).

This time, have prepared for the GK (pulling all those double-shifts). Thought of starting slow but alas, the fever has set in, and the buying spree continues (till the wife cuts me off).

Keep us posted. This new yellow is the best one for Honda in the last decade.

ADDENDUM:

Okay follow FF's. am choosing between Enkei EDR9 or GW8 16x7. My ordered LX GK is White. Opinions, suggestions, anything welcome as long as its made by Enkei.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-14-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by ntx
On the topic of parking sensors the rear camera pivots down so you can see directly behind the car. It has three different reverse camera modes.
Yes and they work really well, I love the dynamic view which bends when you turn the wheels to show where you will end up. The camera looking down has an 18" line, it is pretty close.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:22 PM
The EX steering wheel...

Why didn't they do the leather wrap like the Fit Sport? Oh well.

Anyone planning to get a leather cover for the steering wheel? I am thinking of trying the '13 Fit accessory since it looks like the right position for the 3 spokes and there is no '15 wheel cover listed.

Any better ideas?

Old 06-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Brianflys
....Anyone planning to get a leather cover for the steering wheel? I am thinking of trying the '13 Fit accessory....
Likewise (definitely needed on an LX too!!!) wanted to get the '13 OEM Leather steering but according to Pacific Honda (online wholesale pricing), their Parts manager said it won't be an exact Fit. It was $56 shipped with genuine leather and a factory Honda part.

The alternative was to make a special order from Wheelskins. Full cowhide and made in our good old USA. They require a measurement of the steering wheel outer diameter and thickness of the outer rim. They guarantee a perfect fit. Approx. $50 from their Ebay listing.

https://www.wheelskins.com/index.php

If you decide pls. share the dimensions. Happy shopping!!!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-14-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Bought with car:
all weather floor mats
cargo cover
body side moulding

Will buy:
roof rack
hitch (for my bike rack)
cargo tray
window tint
allow wheels
Leather 2 tone steering wheel cover (blue/black)
interior lighting (maybe, still debating)
lighted door sill thingies
window sill covers
door edge guards
bumper edge guards
mud flaps
wheel locks

my husband is going to kill me. hahahaha

Old 06-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by curlgurl
.......my husband is going to kill me. hahahaha
He won't. Just tell him your giving up the money used for handbags and shoes. He'll end up buying more Fit add-ons, himself!!!

Do post pics once you've installed the new toys. Let us see pics of that cargo cover. Tell us how the install went.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-21-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:31 AM
I actually ordered a 2014 JDM fit/jazz Mugen brochure...I will share it with you guys when it comes in. Those will be some mods worth ordering.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JediPat
..........ordered a 2014 JDM fit/jazz Mugen brochure...I will share it with you guys when it comes in. Those will be some mods worth ordering.
That's a royal gesture!!! Can't wait for the share.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Ain't gonna lie either, its been killing me longer!!! lol!!!!!!

Have been regularly check Tirerack, Carid, Discount Tire etc............. but have finally found a link to a retailer who is, specifically, supplying non-OEM wheels for the GK. Check it out.

16 inch custom wheels - RIMSnTIRES.com

For sure they are 4x100 (as informed to me by JapanTragic - he installed Advans on his Nippon GK RS). Now its confirmed that offset can range from 40 - 45. With that info. I'll be placing my order today once I determine the exact style.

Am after Enkei's too but the cheaper ones. Am sure your eyeing their racing series. Looking like your intended set-up is gonna be "HOT".

Happy shopping to both of us and the rest of this growing GK ownership family!!!
OMG!!! Really thanks for the link and info. Unlike probably 98% of the people on the board, I'm really excited that 14" wheels can fit this vehicle (if it is correct). IF I can find a lightweight 14" wheel that'll fit with a tire that is less 15lbs or less, that would be the ticket (for me and probably only me). Big thanks!

I'm horrible about specifications. Feel free to PM any 14" rim specs I'd need for a wheel that would fit the 2015. I can use that to search on Tirerack and other sites to compare weight.

(Tire for personal reference: 175/65R14 General AltiMAX RT43 (T-Speed Rated) Blackwall. 14lbs)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 06-18-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
....I'm really excited that 14" wheels can fit this vehicle...
Gladly give you suggestions if I felt qualified to do so but am so outta touch with today's wheels. Just continued to surf the GE/GD threads and those FF mods guys posted so many good looking set-ups. Made my decision largely using their pics and input.

My purpose is for looks and maintaining MPG.

At least we both can ascertain the needed specs. Good luck on your hunt.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 AM
ntx
So I hit up the accessories counter last night and got some kit. I like installing my own stuff unless it involves dash panel removal for electtrical work. However, I got the instructions to install the door edge guards and you have to scrape off the soft rubbery painted surface directly forward of the edge. Well I don't think I'm cool with messing with the paint of a brand new car no matter if it's in an area not readily seeable and I'm fixing to cover most of that area with a guard. Thoughts?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by ntx
So I hit up the accessories counter last night and got some kit. I like installing my own stuff unless it involves dash panel removal for electtrical work. However, I got the instructions to install the door edge guards and you have to scrape off the soft rubbery painted surface directly forward of the edge. Well I don't think I'm cool with messing with the paint of a brand new car no matter if it's in an area not readily seeable and I'm fixing to cover most of that area with a guard. Thoughts?
Personally if it is going to be covered I would not be concerned as long as no paint is removed to permit metal to be exposed to its worst enemy RUST!

Once you have it installed you will be happy, afterall you are not doing anything that the dealer wouldn't do most likely!

Old 06-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ntx
.....instructions to install the door edge guards.....scrape off the soft rubbery painted surface directly forward of the edge..........Thoughts?
Suggest using a plastic scraper to do the job. Something like a putty knife with the help of sticky chemical remover (Goo Gone or Goof Off). That should do the job and allow for a seamless removal without any paint damage. Let us know how it finally looks. You should do a You Tube video!!!!

Originally Posted by tmfit
......as long as no paint is removed to permit metal to be exposed to its worst enemy RUST! .......
Heed these words of wisdom. Thank goodness I live away from the local beaches. Salt water/air and metal - bad combination!!!

Here's hoping that our MDM's are better-finished than the China-made GE's supplied to Canadians. Have seen a few pics posted from our Northern cousins with lotsa underbody/internal surface rust.

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-19-2014 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:37 PM
ntx
So after taking a gander at it you only have to remove about a 1/5 to 1/4 of the sealing strip lengthwise. I'll take a picture of it later. The instructions go too far and are excessive.

Old 06-20-2014, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Is the gk and ge interchangeable suspension? I wanted to transfer my coilovers to the gk when I get it.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator
Illuminated Door Sill Kit

PM'd Bernardi for some quotes and suggestions. Erik Pm'd back almost immediately and gave me the info. including a full set of install instructions for the Illuminated Door Sill kit.

For GK owner's who are interested in this accessory, these instructions are extremely detailed including wiring harness routing and connections.

It came in a PDF file but don't know how to upload it.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Mods in my future GK5:

Plasma Cluster Honda Access Japan

PIAA LED licence plate

PIAA H4 Arrow Star White

PIAA and Philips WY21W

Yellow Fog Lights

Tein Luxury High Tech springs(maybe )

Old 06-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by maxair
Mods in my future GK5:................Tein Luxury High Tech springs(maybe )
Niceee!!! Will those Tein springs lower the ride??? By how much in inches???

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK