3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by mike_c70
How did you wire up the DRLs?
In Brazilian GK case, I used the positive Fuse 25 (IGP-FI) to power the relay!

More info on: http://www.fitfans.com.br/forum/view...115633#p115633

Old 04-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by makamine
In Brazilian GK case, I used the positive Fuse 25 (IGP-FI) to power the relay!

More info on: Fit Fans Forum - Entrar

Basically you wired it to an ACC/Ignition On powered fuse. Very cool. simplistic, and it works!

Question, has anyone looked at this kit for the USM Fit?

2015-up Honda FIT OEM Fitting High Power LED Daytime Running Lights

I was thinking of get this with the switchbacks and relocating the DRL off the high beam of the H4 headlight, now that I have LED H4s for headlights the DRL unit will cause flicker of the high beam. This IJDMToy kit would solve my dilemma.

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-20-2015 at 03:21 PM. Reason: more info
Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Basically you wired it to an ACC/Ignition On powered fuse. Very cool. simplistic, and it works!

Question, has anyone looked at this kit for the USM Fit?

2015-up Honda FIT OEM Fitting High Power LED Daytime Running Lights

I was thinking of get this with the switchbacks and relocating the DRL off the high beam of the H4 headlight, now that I have LED H4s for headlights the DRL unit will cause flicker of the high beam. This IJDMToy kit would solve my dilemma.

yes, this also works great model !

Old 04-22-2015, 10:00 AM
Aftermarket Armrest!

Hey Fitsters! Looking for a new armrest to put into my 2015 Fit. Looks like there is one for the previous gens, but all the ones I seem to find are for the "Jazz" and does not look like it will fit in the Fit that I have. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks the arms need a rest...

Old 04-22-2015, 03:40 PM
Rear Sway Bar

Good news - after 8 weeks, my Cusco rear sway bar has finally arrived, It is almost the same color blue as the car.
Bad news - the instructions are 100% Japanese.
There are two pictures however. Doesnt look very difficult.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Spacecoast Tardis
Good news - after 8 weeks, my Cusco rear sway bar has finally arrived, It is almost the same color blue as the car.
Bad news - the instructions are 100% Japanese.
There are two pictures however. Doesnt look very difficult.
where did you order it from?

Old 04-22-2015, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Foglight/DRL/HEated seat install

In preparing for our eventual relocation to the mainland, decided to install the foglight/drl kit that's been lying around for months. Fit is being shipped by June (wife's Lexus is sold). Added heated seats using OEM switches. I cheated putting the heated seat core under the neoprene seatcovers instead of ripping apart the factory cloth seats.

For those who had doubts about the Chinese sourced Foglight/DRL housing, let me say that its an exact fit. Got mine on Ebay for $150 shipped. Comes complete with two harnesses and a foglight switch.

Installed Hellas horns last year and one tone is already sounding weird. Replaced them with horns from College Hills (saw this from one of the forum guys - SAM SNEED). Good thing I didn't snip off the original connectors as it was a simple swap. These are nice and loud.

College Hill horns installed

Name:  DSC04037.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  193.4 KB

Name:  DSC04036.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  181.1 KB

Name:  DSC04035.jpg
Views: 1244
Size:  215.8 KB

Aftermarket Fog/DRL kit unpacked

Name:  DSC04038.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  275.2 KB

Blank LX OEM Bumper garnish

Name:  DSC04025.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  167.6 KB

TEst fit of aftermarket Foglight housing

Name:  DSC04026.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  154.8 KB

Fitting foglight

Name:  DSC04048.jpg
Views: 1226
Size:  190.1 KB

Wiring set-up for testing

Name:  DSC04047.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  231.6 KB

Wiring harness left and right sides
Name:  DSC04051.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  231.0 KB
Name:  DSC04050.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  203.8 KB

TEsting

Name:  DSC04053.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  220.1 KB

Wiring harness cleaned up and tied down

Name:  DSC04052.jpg
Views: 1207
Size:  233.1 KB

Foglight switch fits exactly in any blank slot

Name:  DSC04029.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  171.4 KB
Name:  DSC04031.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  191.9 KB

Finished product

Name:  DSC04056.jpg
Views: 1209
Size:  199.3 KB

Name:  DSC04055.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  149.0 KB

OEM heated seat switches

Name:  DSC04060.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  217.6 KB

The factory DRL's are disabled and the LED strip(s) are now functioning in its place. Followed Bassquitarist1985 lead and will install LED H8 for the fogs later. This project took me the whole day. Routing the wires was the longest.

See you guys on the mainland in a couple of months.

UPDATE: NIghtime test.
DRL
Name:  TEstingDRL%20Guam%20PlatesFitFreak.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  145.0 KB

DRL & FOGLIGHTS:
Name:  TEsting%20fogDRL%20Guam%20PlatesFitFreak.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  138.0 KB

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-26-2015 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
In preparing for our eventual relocation to the mainland, decided to install the foglight/drl kit that's been lying around for months. Fit is being shipped by June (wife's Lexus is sold). Added heated seats using OEM switches. I cheated putting the heated seat core under the neoprene seatcovers instead of ripping apart the factory cloth seats.

For those who had doubts about the Chinese sourced Foglight/DRL housing, let me say that its an exact fit. Got mine on Ebay for $150 shipped. Comes complete with two harnesses and a foglight switch.

Installed Hellas last year and one tone is already sounding weird. Replaced them with horns from College Hills (saw this from one of the forum guys). Good thing I didn't snip off the original connectors as it was a simple swap. These are nice and loud.

Rottboy!! Now that looks nice, whats the web link to the DRL's next to the fog lights? Is it the iJDMToy ones? If they work on the USDM fit I'm buying them!!!

Also I just ordered the EX-L Skulls and LED winkers for my side mirrors. I also ordered the Doran universal heated seat kits along with the OEM switches and harness.

After I'm done installing these, then my USDM EX 6MT Fit will have all the features of an EX-L minus the CVT and Leather. Parts cost in total for Skulls, winker LEDS, heated seat pads for both front seats, and OEM switches/harness for heated seats: ~$400 USD.

***One question for those who have done the heated pads on the cloth seats, are there any hog rings holding it together or just plastic clips? if hog rings I need to buy that special tool to remove and install them. its like $20 bucks

Rottboy, I've now surpassed the $2000 mark in custom mods between the mods on the car, and I concider my custom trailer for the FIT a large mod too!

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 04-23-2015 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by kenji815
where did you order it from?
Evasive Motorsports

Old 04-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
....... the web link to the DRL's next to the fog lights? Is it the iJDMToy ones? If they work on the USDM fit I'm buying them!!!
.........heated seat kits along with the OEM switches and harness
.........are there any hog rings
.........now surpassed the $2000 mark.........

- The DRL and fog lights came together in one complete kit. They are sourced from CHINA. As from the pics, they work 100% on the MDM GK fits sold in NA. For the EX you'll have to get something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LED-Dayt...a38934&vxp=mtr

- heated seats core came Ebay (China) $50 shipped. Comes with switches which were not used.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Seats-Carbon-Fiber-Universal-Car-Heated-Seat-Heater-Kit-2-dial-5-level-Switch-/251817237212?hash=item3aa17a1adc&vxp=mtr
- definitely there are hog rings. Have the special tool and rings but what prevented me from ripping of the fabric was the possibility that the seat foam may be attached to the fabric with adhesive. They are in the GD.

- am way over the $2000 mark and still don't have a trailer!!!!!!

BTW, now that you have your LED headlights installed for the past couple of weeks, what's your final take on the beam pattern as compared to the factory halogens? (on high and low beams) Was going to get a set from your source but they were out of stock. Found the same thing on AliExpress for $76 shipped.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...005921416.html

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-23-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:11 PM
-
- definitely there are hog rings. Have the special tool and rings but what prevented me from ripping of the fabric was the possibility that the seat foam may be attached to the fabric with adhesive. They are in the GD.

- am way over the $2000 mark and still don't have a trailer!!!!!!

BTW, now that you have your LED headlights installed for the past couple of weeks, what's your final take on the beam pattern as compared to the factory halogens? (on high and low beams) Was going to get a set from your source but they were out of stock. Found the same thing on AliExpress for $76 shipped.

The beam pattern does have some SLIGHT splash on the side, however, night driving has not caused other people to flash their high beams at me its blinding them. The beam is very close to the halogens, much brighter and color temp is higher obviously.

That was my concern too with the fabric being glued to the foam cushion on the seat. if that's the case then I'll likely do what you did and cheat with a seat cover.

Not that I want to disassemble a seat for research purposes but I just might to see what I may be getting myself into.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Nice DRLs, ROTT

Congrats!

REPLY: Thks Max. Bought from Ebay but the seller has the same listing on AliExpress and guess whose car he's using for some of his pics!!!! Now we know these China-made foglight housing fits the MDM GK's 100%. Am sure it will help many a GK owner make the purchase decision for this mod without apprehensions. - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-30-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Hello all,

I and my FitFans partners installed the Fit GP5 Hybrid Tail Lights.

Looks good!Name:  IMG_20150421_165231_zpspg1m0spi.jpg
Views: 1286
Size:  234.1 KB

COMMENT: Fair to repeat that MaxAir was the first to post in FF all the parts and part #'s needed to make the upper tail-light mod. Fitfans from Brazil all installed what Stembridge did last year (upper and lower Hybrid rear LED). Did my upper LED tail lights last Sept and it remains one of my favorite mods!!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-30-2015 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Maxair, those tail lights look really nice.

Swapped out the stock antenna with a Perrin 2" stubby antenna. It's for the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ but fits fine on the GK5.

Swapped out the EX 16" alloy wheels with Kosei K1 TS wheels.

Name:  20150429_125409_zpslch2zdui.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  137.5 KB

Name:  20150429_125557_zpsptrkxphe.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  164.5 KB

COMMENT: Stubby looks good. I like your wheels. Good share. Keep em comin!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-30-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member

Installed Hellas horns last year and one tone is already sounding weird. Replaced them with horns from College Hills (saw this from one of the forum guys - SAM SNEED). Good thing I didn't snip off the original connectors as it was a simple swap. These are nice and loud.

College Hill horns installed

The factory DRL's are disabled and the LED strip(s) are now functioning in its place. Followed Bassquitarist1985 lead and will install LED H8 for the fogs later. This project took me the whole day. Routing the wires was the longest.

See you guys on the mainland in a couple of months.

UPDATE: NIghtime test.
Looks good and thanks for all the pictures. So the factory DRL's will no longer work, and the LED's will turn on instead?

My EX has a switch on the lighting stalk to turn on the fog lights. Then they turn on whenever the low beams are on. I see there is a dash switch for your fog lights. Must that take the place of the factory switch? I'm thinking that since I already have fog lights, I could use the wiring and switch that's in the car.

I also got those horns from College Hills. Now that the weather is better, I'll remove the front bumper and install them.

REPLY: By removing fuse #25, no more factory DRL (1/2 of high beam). Wired the LED DRL to a switched fuse source (2nd Cigar lighter) and they go on whenever the key is switched acc/ignition. Our LX has no foglights therefore the switch provided by this kit does the On/Off function. As seen from the pics, its an exact fit. It has an indicator that lights when on.

My suggestion for your EX would be to leave the fogs alone, disable the OEM DRL's and connect the aftermarket DRL LED strips to a switched source.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LED-Daytime-Running-Light-For-Honda-FIT-JAZZ-DRL-Fog-Lamp-2014-2015-/371273730356?fits=Year%3A2015%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3AFit&hash=item5671a38934&vxp=mtr
Being constrained by time and other matters, I do plan to install an On/Off switch for the DRLs sometime in the future. Don't want them always on while parked and listening to the stereo, waiting for the wife.

BTW, yr gonna like those CHills horns. Sounds meaty with a firm honk rather than the OEM lame beep. Remember to post your future installs - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-30-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by SilverEX15

My EX has a switch on the lighting stalk to turn on the fog lights. Then they turn on whenever the low beams are on. I see there is a dash switch for your fog lights. Must that take the place of the factory switch? I'm thinking that since I already have fog lights, I could use the wiring and switch that's in the car.

REPLY: Our LX has no foglights therefore the switch provided by this kit does the On/Off function. As seen from the pics, its an exact fit. It has an indicator that lights when on.

You can connect the DRL's to an ignition on fused source, and use a Normally Closed SPST relay that when energized by the parking lamps, will open the relay and shut off the DRLs while driving. The ignition on source will turn off and on with the car.

Foglights in the EX you can leave be. I'm assuming this kit Rottboy is talking about you can only install the Garnish with the DRLs on it and leave the stock EX foglights in there wiring intact. That's my plan anyway.

COMMENT: BG1985, "your plan" is the path to take for EX models. These LED DRL strips are pretty bright just like they are in most newer vehicles today. Its a mod most of us will certainly enjoy!!!! - rttby

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 04-30-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JinKisaragi
Maxair, those tail lights look really nice.

Swapped out the stock antenna with a Perrin 2" stubby antenna. It's for the Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ but fits fine on the GK5.

Swapped out the EX 16" alloy wheels with Kosei K1 TS wheels.

COMMENT: Stubby looks good. I like your wheels. Good share. Keep em comin!!! - rttby

Tks JinKisaragi

Hey, what set of wheel and tire specs?

Inches, offset, hub bore

Old 04-30-2015, 05:21 PM

COMMENT: BG1985, "your plan" is the path to take for EX models. These LED DRL strips are pretty bright just like they are in most newer vehicles today. Its a mod most of us will certainly enjoy!!!! - rttby

Yes, and judging by your pics the Foglight harness and foglights that come with the kit are H8 connectors, same as the stock ones. Its an easy swap.

To clarify: An SPST-NC relay only exists in large current applications. Instead I'd recommend an NC/NO Change Over relay and don't connect the Normally open pin for the DRL's on an EX. I'll be ordering parts and doing the mods in the near future.

Automotive Relay Diagram

Skirted Relay with Resistor and Bracket

Cheers All!!

Bass

Old 04-30-2015, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
Looks good and thanks for all the pictures. So the factory DRL's will no longer work, and the LED's will turn on instead?

I also got those horns from College Hills. Now that the weather is better, I'll remove the front bumper and install them.

REPLY: By removing fuse #25, no more factory DRL (1/2 of high beam). Wired the LED DRL to a switched fuse source (2nd Cigar lighter) and they go on whenever the key is switched acc/ignition. Our LX has no foglights therefore the switch provided by this kit does the On/Off function. As seen from the pics, its an exact fit. It has an indicator that lights when on.

My suggestion for your EX would be to leave the fogs alone, disable the OEM DRL's and connect the aftermarket DRL LED strips to a switched source.

Being constrained by time and other matters, I do plan to install an On/Off switch for the DRLs sometime in the future. Don't want them always on while parked and listening to the stereo, waiting for the wife.

BTW, yr gonna like those CHills horns. Sounds meaty with a firm honk rather than the OEM lame beep. Remember to post your future installs - rttby
Thanks. That's the way it looks in the pictures on ebay. I don't need another set of DRL's.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
I got bored, and welp, kind of spiraled onwards as i waited for Spring.

BBS CS-4 wheels
Yokohama S Drives
Tanabe Pro S-0c coilovers (GE8)
Morimoto retrofit kit
Morimoto XB35 Type S LED fogs
College Hills sport horn kit
H&R 25mm spacers (not sure if these will work, unfortunately)
Clazzio diamond-quilted seat covers (waiting on these)

Last edited by TofuShop; 04-30-2015 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK