3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by cheesewhiz
........Who Hired him?
If you asked the salesman his name, you would have figured it out immediately.

First name: Ding
Last name: Dong

Old 07-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Raziaar
...I'm more along the lines of practical upgrades. At some point I plan on getting a GoPro for a dash cam...
Ironic statement. A GoPro makes a very impractical dash cam. Get a dedicated dash cam like the G1W for $50 instead of a $300 GoPro. The G1W is very highly reviewed and has excellent 1080p video quality.

Besides being less expensive, dash cams automatically turn on when you start your vehicle. Forgetting to turn on your GoPro defeats the purpose.

See this article about the best dash cams, which describes why the GoPro is a terrible choice.

The Best Dash Cam | The Wirecutter

Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Caliper Paint

I hate being redundant but I finally figured out how to upload pics. ANYWAY I got some inspiration from ROTTBOY's long list of upgrades and found one I could afford. Bought a Duplicolor Caliper Paint kit which comes with a can of cleaner, masking tape, paint and a crappy acid brush. I used some cheap but functional artists brushes since there was a lot of detail and the acid brush was too fat and cumbersome and would have gotten paint on everything. The paint dries pretty fast and the directions recommend multiple coats within the first hour else wait forever to apply next coat. No pics with the wheels back on as I have cheesy steel wheels with hub-caps so nothing to see .... but I am ready for the nice wheels and tires! Any Ideas what to do with the rear drums? (by the way there's enough paint to do about 8 -10 calipers)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-24-2014, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Caliper Paint

By the way the Duplicolor kit was $19.99 at PepBoys

Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
Our first "improvement" was to have the windows (including the sunroof and top of the windshield), tinted. My daughter did not want a dark tint, so we opted for the 55 SunTec CXP on the back and sides, but used 18 on the sunroof and top of the front windshield (I think they call that a sun strip). She was very happy with the results.

Then we purchased the all-season floor mats, and cargo liner. I also purchased the cargo tray, to install on top of the liner in the back (overkill?). Also, Wheel locks and a small touch up paint sample in "Passion Berry Pearl", since we already have our first small rock chip on the front hood.

Aside from the Battery quick-start booster I had already purchased for her, that is all so far. I may purchase the cargo net, specifically to hold down the battery booster, so that in the event of a wreck, that thing does not go flying into the front of the car (it is fairly heavy). I would hate to see my daughter survive a wreck, only to be seriously hurt by a flying battery.

Last edited by Vanguard; 07-24-2014 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-24-2014, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
........Bought a Duplicolor Caliper Paint kit ..........
Awesome results!!! Pics says it all!! Great Job!!!!

Do favor us with another one with the wheel installed.

Can you imagine, am going to color my calipers and will be driving an LX??? Its got steel wheels!!!

Originally Posted by Vanguard
.........tinted.............all-season floor mats, and cargo liner...........cargo tray,..........Wheel locks and a small touch up paint sample...........may purchase the cargo net.........
There is now one daughter that is smiling ear-to-ear!!! All functional mods she will enjoy using. Post pics and let us see that PBP once more!!!

Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by curlgurl
Also, does anyone know if the 2013 cargo tray fits in the 2015? I'm trying to see what I can find on amazon so I can bypass the $10 shipping the online dealers are charging.
Heard the older ones fit, but real snugly. Might want to go the Home Depot rout some have taken. $8 bucks, fits perfectly

Old 07-26-2014, 01:07 AM
After calling Weathertec and the lady telling me it was going to be 12-14 weeks before they have the digital floor mats available yikes!...... I scooped up a front and rear set of the Honda FIT OEM all weather mats/liners for $128.10 at my local dealer. After looking them over after install, I have to say I am impressed with the "FIT" and finish and will perform as expected. I laid the all weather mats right over top of the rear carpeted floor mats and they "FIT" fine. Thought well maybe a little extra sound proofing can't hurt. I did remove the front carpet prior to installing the all weather liners.

Note;The dealer initially had them marked up higher, I mentioned the online lower price and he dropped it close enough for me to go ahead and purchase the set. Happy!

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-26-2014 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ROTTBOY
Already got:

- 16" alloys (Enkei w/ 185/55x16 Kumho PA31 tires placed order 6/14 finally arrvd. 6/28)
Hey ROTTBOY! Which Enkei wheels did you get? Any Pics? Please? Wondering if you did the math when upsizing the rims/downsizing the tires ... am assuming you did. I am looking into 16" rims but discovered I must get tires that will ultimately match the original diameter tire/rim combo else it will screw with the odometer, milage computer, ABS, stability control and so on. Am also assuming that HONDA must do some software mod when adding the larger wheels to the EX & EX-L ... Perhaps? Am very curious to hear your input on this as I am also very anxious to put on some nice wheels!!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 07-26-2014 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
15/SILVER/EX-L: The OEM All Weather mats are nice ... good for you!

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 07-26-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Mugen door/window visors?
I dont like the look of the new OEM ones.

Thanks.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:03 AM
Thanks to Rottboy's links I got my LED interior lights installed and am in process of doing the LED fogs. Next is:
  • Weathertech digital mats (when available)
  • 50% tint all around (darkest legal in MN)
  • Xpel clearshield over entire front end, rear bumper area (don't like black OEM applique), door handles, door edges, and door sills.
  • OEM mudguards
  • OEM cargo cover
  • JDM projector headlights (when/if available) and LED taillight uppers
That's it for our lil commuter

Keep the ideas coming!

Old 07-27-2014, 04:52 PM
My list

LED interior bulbs:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/ocJmWn]

LED license plate bulbs:

3M paint protection

AND:
Door Edge Paint Protection
20% Tint
OEM Floor Mats
OEM Splash Guards
OEM Cargo Tray
OEM Cargo Cover
Rear Bumper Applique
32GB USB drive for music

Old 07-28-2014, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ADVphotography
LED interior bulbs:

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Where did you purchase LED's? Part numbers? Noticeable difference?

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 07-28-2014 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Additional info requested
Old 07-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Where did you purchase LED's? Part numbers? Noticeable difference?
Cheesewhiz, check out my write up here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...bulbs-led.html

Old 07-28-2014, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ADVphotography
Cheesewhiz, check out my write up here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...bulbs-led.html
THANK YOU!! Much appreciated ... am still learning to navigate these threads ... trying NOT to be a P.I.A!!!

Old 07-30-2014, 09:51 AM
I have completed my order from Mooneyes for a Jazz/Fit to be delivered 'sometime' in August.

Replacing the hub caps with a set of Moons

Also going for the white walls (legality in Oz still to be determined)

and for a bit of fun some Rat Fink licence plate bolts

thinking of wrapping the hood and roof in a pearl or candy to compliment the dark grey.

Still looking into options for 8 inch subs to build into the sides of the trunk.

Last edited by nicco; 07-30-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nicco
I have completed my order from Mooneyes for a Jazz/Fit to be delivered 'sometime' in August.

Replacing the hub caps with a set of Moons

Also going for the white walls (legality in Oz still to be determined)

and for a bit of fun some Rat Fink licence plate bolts

thinking of wrapping the hood and roof in a pearl or candy to compliment the dark grey.

Still looking into options for 8 inch subs to build into the sides of the trunk.
I've never seen anything like these before. The bolts and the hubcaps. Very nice and original (To me). The hubcaps should help some with people looking to help lower drag on their Fit. Interesting!

Old 07-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Front Wheel Drive (FWD)

these products tend to be associated with older cars and hot rods but I was hooked when I saw the fit with white walls on their FWD page.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 AM
I added the Ultragauge yesterday, nice little compact unit. I did but the suction cup mount and stuck it on the little side drivers window, that puts it in the corner out of the way but convenient to see. Routed the cable down the left side under a rubber trim piece under the dash and up and over the steering wheel shroud to the OBD connector. Filled upand set the tank capacity. Let's see what happens!

Quick Reply: MODS/ACCESSORIES for the GK