3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

So where are the White 2015's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
So where are the White 2015's?

My first choice in color for a vehicle is usually white, for a variety of reasons. At the moment there appear to be about 8-10 2015's between the three local dealers. Mostly black or red, with a few silver or gray ones. But no white ones. And I haven't seen any photos on FF of anybody getting a white one yet.

Has anybody seen a white 2015, or do they only exist in myth and legend?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM
ntx
How far are you from DFW? Last time I looked three had white ones.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ntx
How far are you from DFW? Last time I looked three had white ones.
Unfortunately DFW is almost 500 miles away. But at least I know they exist now. Hopefully a few will show up here soon.

Thanks.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
I'd love to at least see a picture of a white one if someone is able to get that!

Old 06-17-2014, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
They are probably making them in order of popularity/desirability.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by theindiearmy
They are probably making them in order of popularity/desirability.
You might be right. If that holds true at the dealer level then Black is definitely THE color locally. I think there are more black ones on the local lots than all other colors combined.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
I'm holding out for a white manual... I think it's going to be a while.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Full production of 2015 Fits began on February 21. Prior to that was what they call preproduction. During the first 2 months, of regular production, the factory built almost exclusively black, silver, red and gray EX and EX-L CVTs. They did not start building any other colors or any manual transmission cars until Late April and May. So the majority of cars that are at dealers right now are Black, Silver, Red or Grey EX CVTs,

During May the factory started producing White, Blue and Passion berry cars as well as some manual transmission cars. So those will still be hard to find for a few more months. The factory only produced the first, regular production, yellow cars last week. So those will be even harder to find for some time.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TCroly
Full production of 2015 Fits began on February 21. Prior to that was what they call preproduction. During the first 2 months, of regular production, the factory built almost exclusively black, silver, red and gray EX and EX-L CVTs. They did not start building any other colors or any manual transmission cars until Late April and May. So the majority of cars that are at dealers right now are Black, Silver, Red or Grey EX CVTs,

During May the factory started producing White, Blue and Passion berry cars as well as some manual transmission cars. So those will still be hard to find for a few more months. The factory only produced the first, regular production, yellow cars last week. So those will be even harder to find for some time.

That explanation was helpful, Thanks. Now I'm torn between going ahead and buying a silver one now, or waiting until the white ones show up. I'll just have to go talk to the dealer and see if they have any idea when they'll see a white one. It's never simple!

Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Tell your dealer what you are looking for, they should be able to call other dealerships and find one in the style and color you want, as long as you are serious about it. Mine has located for me an EX-L with Navi in Passion Berry somewhere, just waiting to learn transit details.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chazmr
That explanation was helpful, Thanks. Now I'm torn between going ahead and buying a silver one now, or waiting until the white ones show up. I'll just have to go talk to the dealer and see if they have any idea when they'll see a white one. It's never simple!

it really is simple
wait for the white!!! I wanted a white 2010 when I sold my 2007 to a friend, I wasn't able to get a white with Nav and "settled" for a silver, I really never loved that car like my white 2007 even though it was my baby for three years.
I say good things come to those who wait - so wait - you won't be sorry

Old 06-17-2014, 10:53 PM
White is right. Be patient.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:28 AM
5 Year Member
I want a white Fit too but at this point, I'll settle. The color is not all that important to me though, only the function of the car (LX CVT). It's gonna bother me though. Grrrr...

Old 06-18-2014, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
I want a white Fit too but at this point, I'll settle. The color is not all that important to me though, only the function of the car (LX CVT). It's gonna bother me though. Grrrr...
it really is simple
wait for the white!!! I wanted a white 2010 when I sold my 2007 to a friend, I wasn't able to get a white with Nav and "settled" for a silver, I really never loved that car like my white 2007 even though it was my baby for three years.
I say good things come to those who wait - so wait - you won't be sorry
White is our favorite car color, but we could live with the silver or gray. The complication for us is that this will replace our 1992 Accord that the AC isn't working in. Now it doesn't really bother me since this is primarily my wife's car, but the temps are already in the mid 90's this week with heat indexes over 100. So I don't think I'll have the option of waiting very long just to get a white one. Hopefully this weekend we can hit the local dealers and find out if they can get one pretty soon from another dealer. If not, then we'll probably go with Silver.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by TCroly

TCroly..........Your explanation about the various color availability is appreciated, as is the periodic update you have provided about the information from the CARS.com website..... I have looked at the CARS website, but am not seeing anything that indicates yellow cars in their summary. Would you please tell us where to find that ?

I am hoping to see the yellow cars in person, before deciding on our color selection and replacing a 26 yr. old beige Civic.

thank you...

Old 06-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by cckid
TCroly..........Your explanation about the various color availability is appreciated, as is the periodic update you have provided about the information from the CARS.com website..... I have looked at the CARS website, but am not seeing anything that indicates yellow cars in their summary. Would you please tell us where to find that ?

I am hoping to see the yellow cars in person, before deciding on our color selection and replacing a 26 yr. old beige Civic.

thank you...
You should be able to just click exterior color. Problem is I don't think any production yellow has been made. They are saying coming this summer.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
.............replacing a 26 yr. old beige Civic......
26 yrs!!!! A true HONDA man!!!

Am going to follow your footsteps and attempt to keep the GK for at least 1/2 your results. That alone will be doubling my usual rotation of 6-8 yrs. Wish me luck!!!

You'll find your yellow soon. One of our local dealers (Windward) has an incoming Yellow LX/CVT VIN: 3HGGK5H59FM713217 incoming. If we, out here on the island, can get one, your desire should be fullfilled shortly!!

Last edited by ROTTBOY; 06-18-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 PM
I was told by my dealer that the White Orchid Pearl color will not ship out till October of this year.

Last edited by Sealyin; 06-18-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Sealyin
...told by my dealer.....not ship out till October....
Your dealer must be medium-sized or smaller. With a lower vehicle allocation, there may not be much he can do. Not ship out till Oct. means the earliest he is telling you is a Nov. delivery. Possibly wants you to think of a color that he has in stock or arriving in the next few shipments.

But its CA, the state with plentiful, competing dealerships. Call others in and outside your area. Someone is bound to have what your looking for or at least have something on order, even in transit.

We're all gonna pay around the same price so the dealer that can supply first deserves to get your business. Happy shopping!!!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member

thank you...
The yellow car I found on cars.com is listed under colors "other" and this is a nice thing to know. Because the colors all have these exotic names like Aegean blue, mystic yellow, Milano red, etc. they sometimes get miscategorized on cars.com because the automatic system doesn't know what color Mystic is. It has categorized several crystal black cars as white since I guess it though crystal was white and the same thing for some alabaster silver that were categorized as white. So check the category of other for the color you are looking for.

Quick Reply: So where are the White 2015's?