Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Any window rattling? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/83402-any-window-rattling.html)

frogster 07-09-2014 09:29 PM

Any window rattling?

With my 2009 Fit, if I have the front windows open just a few inches and am driving on uneven road (i.e. the lovely potholes of city living in Michigan) the windows tend to rattle a bit. I was just wondering if any of you with the 2015's have noticed this? Hopefully Honda has had enough time to correct this even with earlier models... Thanks!

MyFit15 07-10-2014 04:54 AM

I don't hear rattling, but I do hear significant amount of wind noise on the freeway as if one of the windows are open when the're all closed. At first I thought I left one open, but I didn't. Is anyone else experiencing wind noise with all windows closed?

xStitchx 07-10-2014 02:10 PM

Luckily, no excessive wind noise while driving with the windows up. I've driven on the highway with the moon roof and windows partial down with no issue of window rattling.

mecevans 07-10-2014 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by MyFit15 (Post 1248674)
I don't hear rattling, but I do hear significant amount of wind noise on the freeway as if one of the windows are open when the're all closed. At first I thought I left one open, but I didn't. Is anyone else experiencing wind noise with all windows closed?

Try turning the fresh air vent to recirculate?

MyFit15 07-10-2014 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by mecevans (Post 1248753)
Try turning the fresh air vent to recirculate?

Is that located under those two analog knobs that you switch from left to right vice versa? If so, the right is the position that recirculates?

mecevans 07-10-2014 08:19 PM

http://yourautoexcellence.com/graphics/a_c_glove_box.gif

MyFit15 07-11-2014 07:08 PM

Thanks, I just tried it & that doesn't seem to be the problem. The noise is still there.

whoiseric 07-12-2014 09:53 AM

I am also experiencing wind noise on the freeway. I didn't notice the problem on my 3 test drives and I went on the freeway on all 3. I think the what made the difference is wind. Even light wind will cause road noise that is very noticeable with the A/C and Radio off. The noise isn't terrible with music on, but I'm going to have to get used to it. What does everyone think about my wind theory? I have an LX CVT by the way.

Stingray 07-15-2014 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by frogster (Post 1248601)
With my 2009 Fit, if I have the front windows open just a few inches and am driving on uneven road (i.e. the lovely potholes of city living in Michigan) the windows tend to rattle a bit. I was just wondering if any of you with the 2015's have noticed this? Hopefully Honda has had enough time to correct this even with earlier models... Thanks!

No rattles anywhere.

frogster 07-15-2014 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 1249736)
No rattles anywhere.

Thanks for the info - I am scheduled to pick up my 2015 on Friday afternoon, and it's been partially-open-window weather this week :)

xStitchx 07-15-2014 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by frogster (Post 1249898)
Thanks for the info - I am scheduled to pick up my 2015 on Friday afternoon, and it's been partially-open-window weather this week :)

I see in your sig you're getting the PBP! Nice choice! We need more representation! Can't wait to see your photos. This color looks different depending on the lighting and angle, so I'm anxious to see someone else's pictures for a change.

Also, it gets a lot of attention :)

fit2tri 07-16-2014 05:27 AM

I noticed a faint rattle coming from the left side of the cockpit, near/at the window or vent. It was difficult to isolate, and I have only noticed it when driving 65-75 mph on Texas chipseal highways, which are rough. It was mildly bothersome, but no way to isolate just where the sound came from at that speed (rolling down the window would have added crazy wind noise). It seemed to be either from the front left side vent (closing the vent didn't change it, nor did having the fan on recirc) or the driver side mirror area, or something inside. I haven't noticed it since our road trip, and haven't been out on a rough highway at speed since...so ??