3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Is EX worth $1800 more than LX.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 01:06 PM
This thread is supposed to be LX vs EX debate, not Fit vs Fiesta.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Not sure anyone has said this yet so I will go ahead and get it out of the way, I am not sure that MANY would say their ex is worth $1800! Lol

Old 01-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by fitnew
Hey, could you tell me why you would take the LX if they were the same price, I am NOT being a smart azz, I have not made my purchase yet and maybe you can help me see somethings I am missing, thanks.
Well, I have an Lx, and it has everything I want. However, for the same price, I would take the higher model.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ritholtz
I am planning to test drive LX and wondering if going for EX worth it. I am really liking bigger alloy wheels on EX. Not sure if they are worth paying $1800 more.
I had planned to get an LX, but when I looked at the difference, I got the EX. Yes, you're paying a bit more, but over the life of the car, and for what you get, that's peanuts.

Paddle shifters, moonroof, smart entry, lane watch, starter button, cargo ties, floormats, 20W more radio power and two more speakers, 7" touchscreen vs 5" non-touch, USB outlet in the console, smart entry indicator, starter indicator, 16" alloy wheels vs 15" steel.

The lane watch alone would be worth it. Signal right, and you get a 7" display of what is to the right of your car, an excellent safety feature. As for mileage, until the winter hit, I had averaged 44.7 MPG for about 3,000 miles, with the CVT. Now I'm getting about 40. Warming up is a real fuel hog. I don't mean letting it idle - just driving when the engine is cold.

An EX will be easier to sell when the time comes.

Old 01-08-2015, 03:41 PM
I was looking at the LX 6MT. The EX 6MT was a $2k price jump at the dealer I went to, and the predominant additions that it brought were of course the alloy wheels, sun roof, side view mirror camera, smart entry/push button start, larger touch screen, fog lights, floor mats, and HondaLink. These kinds of added features would normally cost way more than just an additional $2k to the sticker on just about any other car, so to me it was a no-brainer. Sometimes a wheel package alone costs that much.

For me, the added stuff has largely been incredibly practical and useful. I definitely felt like I would be missing a lot of it after I drove the LX to compare.

Old 01-08-2015, 04:51 PM
If you have to ask yourself the question, then yes it is worth it. Anytime you can have more features in a car it is worth it. You won't be left thinking about the extra $25 a month when you have all the extra features in the car. There is quite a bit more moving from the LX to the EX, and it's totally worth it.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yes it is fully worth it. I sacrificed the CVT to keep the price similar. Wouldn't ever look back.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
Wouldn't ever look back.
With the rearview camera, you don't have to.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the feedback. Any one drove LX and EX back to back and notice any difference in handling? MPG difference looks like a wash considering test procedure (driving in different modes) rather than a actual difference. I am also looking for little sound proof as it is very loud with my lx-p accord.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:49 PM
LX v. EX

Obviously, this is a tough one (with all of the replies). I'll just add my perspective:

I test drove the EX manual, thinking I couldn't live without the moonroof, side camera, alloy wheels, etc. Without a doubt, the extra $1800 is all there. As others have mentioned, you couldn't piece all of it together for $1800 or less.

I also agree that the extra payment isn't that much.

For me, I ended up going with the LX manual, basically because the dealer had only one, but in the color I wanted (black). With the reduced cost and my trade (plus some haggling), we were able to go with cash and avoid financing. This rendered the thought of how much more/less per month I'd be paying useless. I was able to save the money on the EX features and do things like Sirius radio, tinting, clear bra, etc., that probably would have been difficult with the EX.

Who knows if this will be the best decision down the road, but for now, I like the low price and more-than-expected features of the LX. It's definitely a base model with some extra goodies thrown in.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 AM
I got an EX for the price of a LX, so couldn't be happier!

Push Button Start on EX is the BEST feature over LX.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Maybe I'm the odd one out, but the LX was a no brainer and the better choice for me personally.

The Fit is an economy car, and after owning economy cars from years gone by (Metro, Aspire, Aveo) that didn't have power door locks or windows, a radio, or even power steering, the LX seemed like a luxury car in comparison. Keeping in mind that the Fit is still an economy car, the features on the EX such as the sunroof and alloys seemed like overkill.

The only features on a car I need are A/C and cruise control. I'm even happy with crank windows

I drove both the LX and EX when shopping, and even if the EX was no additional charge, I wouldn't buy it. The touchscreen radio was annoying and finicky (the two knobs on the LX radio are much more user friendly), I found the lane-watch to be distracting (I can always just turn my head when changing lanes), the sunroof robs precious head room, the push button seems like a silly gimmick, and I don't see my wheels when driving, so having the alloys really has no benefit.

For a base model, the LX had more than I ever need. This car has a lot of firsts for me. It's the first car I've ever had with back up camera, ABS, side airbags, Bluetooth, or a trip computer/outside temperature display. I always like to keep things simple (less to go wrong later on) and the LX was more than well equipped

Last edited by festiboi; 01-11-2015 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
EX comes with H rated Bridgestone tires and LX come with T rated firestone tires. Does it mean EX is more tuned for handing with sports rated tire. Which ones are going to last longer. When I checked out in tirerack, LX tires are cheaper than EX tires.

Thanks

Old 01-16-2015, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
EX comes with H rated Bridgestone tires and LX come with T rated firestone tires. Does it mean EX is more tuned for handing with sports rated tire. Which ones are going to last longer. When I checked out in tirerack, LX tires are cheaper than EX tires.

Thanks
Any idea why Some EX models have Bridgestone tires and some have Firestone tires.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:30 AM
5 Year Member
Any idea why Some EX models have Bridgestone tires and some have Firestone tires.
All car companies contract for thousands of tires, but one manufacturer isn't going to commit itself to supplying all the tires for all the cars they make. They want to supply the public, too. Car makers spread the wealth, giving various tire brands a slice of the pie.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
All car companies contract for thousands of tires, but one manufacturer isn't going to commit itself to supplying all the tires for all the cars they make. They want to supply the public, too. Car makers spread the wealth, giving various tire brands a slice of the pie.
Thanks SilverEx. Does these tires give 50k+ miles of life? My accord factory tires worn out in 2 years with less than 25k mile son car. Wondering, if these factory tires are also designed for similar life.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:51 AM
Answer

Yes it is worth it. The added content is worth about 3K.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:53 PM
If you aren't sure, yes it's worth it and you will regret the LX every time you see an EX. Those who want/need the stripper trim for whatever reason already know it.

Last edited by 2bits; 01-20-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
This is some what of a loaded question. It differs for everyone.

Some like a moon roof and some don't. For the folks that don't, like me, then a moon roof would be an extra expense. Or taller folks that want more head space the moon roof will cut into that.

Some like having the whole infotainment system some don't, like me, and just wants a radio. Car companies are the greatest at making a system like this, there are to many downs. They ain't no apple level user/interface and have too many bugs.

Some want aluminum wheels, like me, but I didn't want the factory ones. They are heavy and style wise aren't that great. So instead of paying all the $$$ for Al wheels along with other unwanted stuff I got aftermarket Al wheels that I like/want while still saving $$.

So it depends if you want them features the yes it is worth it, but if you don't then no it is not.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
I did consider the EX but ended up with an LX.

The reason that I picked the LX is because it's all I needed. Coming from a 97 Civic hatchback with sunroof (Yes, not an option for 97 Civic but the car I bought from the dealer for some reason has a sunroof), I guess I had enough sunroof issues that I don't want to deal with anymore.
The lane change camera might be an awesome idea for certain people. But I am a traditional guy and I always turn my head when changing lane.
As for the 7 inch screen, I always replace the factory car audio system so I can do without it.
I do like the keyless entry and the push button start. My wife's RAV4 has it and I love it, but I can do without it.
Instead, I will use the $1800 to get a set of lowering spring, nice set of rims and tires, and some floor mats.

I planned to keep my car so I rather use the money to buy something I like. If you plan to sell your car soon, you probably should get an EX for better resell value.

Again, everyone has their own preference. Do whatever suits you.

Quick Reply: Is EX worth $1800 more than LX.