Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Changing Unlock Setting (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/83919-changing-unlock-setting.html)

amy_wilhelmina 08-07-2014 03:08 PM

Changing Unlock Setting

Hi everyone,

I read and (I believe) followed the instructions for changing the unlock setting to unlock when put in park instead of unlock when the driver door is opened. I can't get it to work.. any tips?

BrassInTheGrass 08-07-2014 03:57 PM

I suggest reading it very carefully and making sure your following ALL the directions, there specific about the door being open or closed and such... It took me two or three times to get it to work...

amy_wilhelmina 08-07-2014 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by BrassInTheGrass (Post 1254861)
I suggest reading it very carefully and making sure your following ALL the directions, there specific about the door being open or closed and such... It took me two or three times to get it to work...

Heres what I've been doing..

Car is off, doors closed.
Obviously already in park if I am stopped, I pull the parking brake which it says you can do as well.
I have tried turning car completely on and turning on electric only.
Then press and hold unlock on driver side.
It clicks only once, no matter how long I hold.
Then I turn car off.
Nothing changed.

Where am I going wrong?

SheepNutz 08-07-2014 10:51 PM

The only thing I could see is maybe your ignition is in the wrong mode. Did you press the engine start/stop button twice without putting your foot on the brake? Are you letting go of the door unlock switch after you hear the click and before you turn the car off?

Fit Charlie 08-08-2014 09:53 AM

It took me a couple tries on my 13 to get the setting right. Don't sweat it, take your time.

amy_wilhelmina 08-08-2014 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by SheepNutz (Post 1254954)
The only thing I could see is maybe your ignition is in the wrong mode. Did you press the engine start/stop button twice without putting your foot on the brake? Are you letting go of the door unlock switch after you hear the click and before you turn the car off?

I did put my foot on the brake and start the car normally. And I let go of the unlock button 10 seconds in as the instructions say. I will keep trying, just don't get it :confused:

SheepNutz 08-08-2014 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by amy_wilhelmina (Post 1255041)
I did put my foot on the brake and start the car normally. And I let go of the unlock button 10 seconds in as the instructions say. I will keep trying, just don't get it :confused:

The instructions say NOT to put your foot on the brake. Without your foot on the brake, hit the engine start button twice.

Domokun 08-14-2014 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by SheepNutz (Post 1255152)
The instructions say NOT to put your foot on the brake. Without your foot on the brake, hit the engine start button twice.

I was having a hard time with this too. Thanks for saying to hit the start button twice w/o the foot brake. It ended up working for me.

Fit Charlie 08-15-2014 09:19 AM

Those changes that make you do the hokey-pokey are always easy to get slightly wrong.