Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Theft Protection (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/84341-theft-protection.html)

n9cv 09-20-2014 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fit2010 (Post 1260609)
ineffective, they just cut the steering wheel, use the club to lock your shifter and parking breaks as an alternative, thats where I used it when I owned a "CLUB" back in the day's:thumbups:

A battery powered saber saw makes quick work on steering wheels with the club installed.

n9cv 09-20-2014 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by BILLBOGEY (Post 1260470)
I have read that the wheels on the Fit EX models are in high demand. I would suggest you get wheel locks for the wheels. It is much better to have a garage to park in. Bill

I knew a fellow that bought or made left hand thread studs and nuts on his car. He only did 2 per wheel. That will sure confuse someone stealing wheels.

The local police stopped a guy one night about 20 years ago for suspected drunk driving. When they got him out of the car they found the steering wheel with club attached on the back seat. He was trying to drive the car with a set of vice grips attached to the steering shaft.

acter 09-20-2014 01:59 AM

I get LoJack on my cars. I did it with my Hyundai Accent (1999?) and my current Civic. On the Accent people would look at me oddly, but I saw it as "It may only be an Accent, but it is still my only car.

BLXFITTY 09-20-2014 11:07 AM

damn you in chicago too? which part? I see two sets on craigslist for sale.. was going to buy the 500 dollar one from the HOOD 63rd n kedzie
2014 2015 Honda Fit wheels rims with like new tires
Honda acura 2015fit rims

BILLBOGEY 09-20-2014 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by BLXFITTY (Post 1265002)
damn you in chicago too? which part? I see two sets on craigslist for sale.. was going to buy the 500 dollar one from the HOOD 63rd n kedzie
2014 2015 Honda Fit wheels rims with like new tires
Honda acura 2015fit rims

maybe have a police detective see about buying these wheels and ask the seller where the seller got them and any documentation they have. I guess you could use a tool to etch your last 5 digits of your VIN on the outside of the wheels.

prosales1972 09-20-2014 03:06 PM

I actually did a Craiglist search Sunday night (same day that my wheels were stolen) and someone posted the wheels for sale. I couldn't be certain that those were my stolen wheels.

My family means the world to me, especially my a 10 month old son and I do not want to jeopardize their safety over wheels, if I confront the seller (aka robbers). Yes I'm pissed but I'm ok about the situation now.

The car is at a body shop, the new wheels arrived on Friday, body is being repaired and my insurance is paying for everything. I'm going to get a viper alarm system for the car that will have a proximity and tilt sensor. I just can't believe I have to do this for a Honda fit.

BLXFITTY 09-20-2014 04:13 PM

You are a better man then me.. maybe just a richer one lol but I would've fucking flipped if it were the wheels off my brand new car.