Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   FM radio display question (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/84393-fm-radio-display-question.html)

essaince 09-02-2014 02:41 PM

FM radio display question

I just bought a 2015 silver EX fit on saturday and I'm noticing that unlike my previous fit when I'm listening to FM radio it doesn't display the artist or name of the song (on the "main" FM screen). I know that I can click on menu and get the song detail for the song that is currently playing, but when the next song starts it still displays the previous song's info (doesn't update on this screen).

Is there a setting thing I'm not aware of? I feel like I've clicked on everything and can't find how to modify the audio display page.

JupiterJoe 09-02-2014 03:38 PM

Don't think there is a way.... basically you have to exit back to the main screen and then come back in to get the song info updated...

essaince 09-02-2014 04:05 PM

I didn't think so... strange since it would show up on the older fits.

JupiterJoe 09-02-2014 05:02 PM

Keep in mind that the EX Fit is not an HD radio... so its a little different.

sooznd 09-02-2014 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by JupiterJoe (Post 1260880)

Neither is the radio on the older Fits-- I notice some of the lag depends on the radio station I am listening to.

Snowman 09-02-2014 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by JupiterJoe (Post 1260880)

I thought the EX fit was an HD radio? That is what the salesperson told me , I know , I know never trust a salesperson.

tmfit 09-02-2014 08:18 PM

I found the setting to allow it but it is greyed out.

Christina11 09-02-2014 08:34 PM

Settings; audio; rds info : on

vaguba 09-03-2014 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 1260900)
I thought the EX fit was an HD radio? That is what the salesperson told me , I know , I know never trust a salesperson.

Built in Sirius and HD radio only come with the EX-L trim

essaince 09-03-2014 02:21 AM

I'll try that, Christina! Thanks

dondo53 09-03-2014 02:42 PM

Christina 11 is right, you should be able to get the display to update automatically by
pushing settings, audio, rds info and then on. As the others mentioned it depends on
the radio. If it's ever been repaired before you got it, it could have something else in there or part of the chip may be bad. I had a similiar problem once on a Toyota van
from the factory. They had changed it and did not have the correct radio as listed in
the book. It's amazing all the stuff you can run into. On the check list in the factory,
my son works at Marysville, he says that code stickers are on the radios and it shows
which coded sticker on the radio should be in the vehicle. Once I had a clunk in the door panel on a new car. Took it apart and found a wrench laying in the bottom of the door panel. never knew if if was on purpose or by accident.

CIOWN 09-12-2014 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Snowman (Post 1260900)

You are right never trust a salesperson.

HD Radio is only in the 2015 Honda Fit EX-L with Navigation.

I fault Honda on this as it is only $10 cost to have HD Radio which I would gladly pay.