Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Forum moderators? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/84431-forum-moderators.html)

15BlkPrl 09-03-2014 08:15 PM

Forum moderators?

Are there any moderators specifically for the 3rd Gen forum?.. Seems there is starting to be a influx of 3rd Gen owners coming on board here and it may need a full time mod or 2.... Willing to help if needed...

Wanderer. 09-03-2014 08:46 PM

Just use this

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/skyn...ons/report.gif

Same thing as

http://comiclists.files.wordpress.co...-batsignal.jpg

But it's more like Smallville than Gotham here.

15BlkPrl 09-03-2014 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1261149)
Just use this

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/skyn...ons/report.gif

Same thing as

http://comiclists.files.wordpress.co...-batsignal.jpg

But it's more like Smallville than Gotham here.

:rotfl:.... I'd rather save the batsignal for when the Joker is terrorizing Gotham than for his thugs jaywalking...

mike410b 09-03-2014 10:21 PM

I'll moderate this section.

"Hey you kids get off my lawn!"

Anyatheawesome 09-04-2014 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1261187)

Now that's what I call moderating! :thumbups:

Wanderer. 09-04-2014 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by mike410b (Post 1261187)

:rotfl::rotfl:

GeorgeL 09-04-2014 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl (Post 1261141)
Are there any moderators specifically for the 3rd Gen forum?.. Seems there is starting to be a influx of 3rd Gen owners coming on board here and it may need a full time mod or 2.... Willing to help if needed...

Beware what you ask for!

I was asked to moderate an unrelated forum, did so for two years, and was finally sacked because I actually tried to help members work their way through the morass of rules that forum had. The admins, who were not really interested in the topic of the forum, got their jollies by reaming members who did unspeakable things like posting photos larger than 500x500 or (gad) asking why a post was deleted.

By contrast, this forum really is Smallville! :)

xxryu139xx 09-04-2014 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeL (Post 1261414)
Beware what you ask for!

I was asked to moderate an unrelated forum, did so for two years, and was finally sacked because I actually tried to help members work their way through the morass of rules that forum had. The admins, who were not really interested in the topic of the forum, got their jollies by reaming members who did unspeakable things like posting photos larger than 500x500 or (gad) asking why a post was deleted.

in that case, I nominate GeorgeL. Anyone second that nomination?

Vanguard 09-04-2014 09:50 PM

I can't help but think that if we are big enough to buy cars, we should be big enough to monitor ourselves, on a simple forum like this. Everyone is here because they love the Honda Fit (or should be anyway). Now, if this were a political or religious forum (the two subjects my Father taught me to never discuss), I would agree supervision would be required.

I would vote against creating levels of both supervision and regulation. Just see what it does to any form of government, by either political party, and you will understand why.

mike410b 09-04-2014 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vanguard (Post 1261432)
I can't help but think that if we are big enough to buy cars, we should be big enough to monitor ourselves, on a simple forum like this. Everyone is here because they love the Honda Fit (or should be anyway). Now, if this were a political or religious forum (the two subjects my Father taught me to never discuss), I would agree supervision would be required.

I would vote against creating levels of both supervision and regulation. Just see what it does to any form of government, by either political party, and you will understand why.

Please keep political views out of this thread.

Originally Posted by GeorgeL (Post 1261414)
Beware what you ask for!

Photos under 500x500 are the worst.

john21031 09-04-2014 11:01 PM

If anything, the banner should be finally updated and there should be dedicated 3rd generation sections. Everything right now is lumped into one section and it already rivals other sections in the number of members viewing the section at any given time.
Time to grow.

Vanguard 09-04-2014 11:02 PM

[QUOTE=mike410b;1261447]Please keep political views out of this thread.

And it starts......

mike410b 09-04-2014 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by john21031 (Post 1261458)
If anything, the banner should be finally updated and there should be dedicated 3rd generation sections. Everything right now is lumped into one section and it already rivals other sections in the number of members viewing the section at any given time.
Time to grow.

That's how it was when the GE first came around as well.

Give it one year and views will wane once again.

The banner should never change though, Helios Yellow Mugen GD is too cool for school.

Myxalplyx 09-04-2014 11:35 PM

Please keep your political and religious views off the forums.

Retaliating and causing and uprising against established norms and govern shall not be tolerated. This is forum treason. You have been warned! :mad::wiggle:

Vanguard 09-05-2014 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 1261465)
Please keep your political and religious views off the forums.

Retaliating and causing and uprising against established norms and govern shall not be tolerated. This is forum treason. You have been warned! :mad::wiggle:

Now I understand the "Yellow" fit......

15BlkPrl 09-05-2014 09:31 AM

I'm trying to just get the forum clutter cleaned up a bit. There are alot of duplicate threads popping up here....

Vanguard 09-05-2014 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by 15BlkPrl (Post 1261518)
I'm trying to just get the forum clutter cleaned up a bit. There are alot of duplicate threads popping up here....

You know who is doing that don't you? Those people buying duplicate Fit's, that's who! It makes sense, two fit's, twice as many posts.....now add the transmission variable, one manual and one CVT, and once again, even more posts. Now imagine if that person also happens to be an employee of a Honda dealership, say a service writer for instance, and now those posts will appear on every subject! It is an endless cycle, posts followed by more posts, followed by more posts.

mike410b and Myxalplyx, please note that at no time in this response, did I mention Politics or Religion. (oops)

Wanderer. 09-05-2014 10:10 AM

Please keep your political views out of this thread. :p

This forum has always self moderated for the most part, at least as long as I've been here. The only time the mods step in is if things are getting way out of hand or the forum gets hacked. That happened. If something like that happens just use the bat signal, that's why I said that earlier.

I can only think of a handful that were banned, two arch-rivals, and I think that was a mutual agreement. Maybe one or two more.

Just don't make a thread about what oil to use or talk about the benefits or lack thereof using 91+ octane and it generally stays civilized.

15BlkPrl 09-05-2014 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Vanguard (Post 1261523)
You know who is doing that don't you? Those people buying duplicate Fit's, that's who! It makes sense, two fit's, twice as many posts.....now add the transmission variable, one manual and one CVT, and once again, even more posts. Now imagine if that person also happens to be an employee of a Honda dealership, say a service writer for instance, and now those posts will appear on every subject! It is an endless cycle, posts followed by more posts, followed by more posts.

mike410b and Myxalplyx, please note that at no time in this response, did I mention Politics or Religion. (oops)

LMAO!!!!:rotfl:

15BlkPrl 09-05-2014 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Wanderer. (Post 1261526)
Please keep your political views out of this thread. :p

This forum has always self moderated for the most part, at least as long as I've been here. The only time the mods step in is if things are getting way out of hand or the forum gets hacked. That happened. If something like that happens just use the bat signal, that's why I said that earlier.

I can only think of a handful that were banned, two arch-rivals, and I think that was a mutual agreement. Maybe one or two more.

Just don't make a thread about what oil to use or talk about the benefits or lack thereof using 91+ octane and it generally stays civilized.

But everyone knows Mobil! is the bestest oil in like ever.... As well as 91 octane is good for at least 5 street racing horsepower yo!!!!:thumbups:

BTW do you think Hillary is an Athiest or no??